Anyone want to meet for coffee?

Jitterbug

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jitterbug, possibly in Nov as the next 2 weeks are mad here with packing etc.....But after 30 Oct, the dust will settle.

We leave 16 Nov for Sydney.

J

Hi everyone

Anyone want to meet for coffee at the waterfront?

jitterbug

Hello Jitterbug

We would love to get together for a coffee <_<

Just let us know when and where.

regards

Connie

Sounds like a good plan. Container left yesterday so sitting in an empty house till 27th November when we leave for Sydney. Let me know when and where. Thanks

Great! :blink:

Since its already friday, its probably too late to arrange to meet tomorrow. So how about next saturday (30 October) around 11am?

Great! :blink:

Since its already friday, its probably too late to arrange to meet tomorrow. So how about next saturday (30 October) around 11am?

Count Natalie and myself in as well. Next weekend is perfect.

Any ideas on a location? Last time we met up with a group it was at the Driftwood Cafe here in Parklands. Plenty of space for kiddies (we don't have any) and a nice vibe. We're easy though and don't mind meeting wherever.

I will try too, but the time might be a bit tricky cos that's the last day of our lease.... I'll leave it hanging to decide. So keep me in the know please.

J & N - today was the day for the cats.... went to Animal anti cruelty in Sacks circle... it was horrible........ the gangsters there, with fierce dogs on chains, all spread out across the yard outside, and then all the sad poor people inside with puney little animals / or putting sick dogs down.....

The grill..... (MY daughter has taught me about this). It's a metal / diamond studded teeth cover to look like a gangster. You can buy them in Mr Price etc as jewelery. Well, those "okes" were there with lots of pit bull dogs etc.... What an experience... don't know how those vets / nurses do that job. My admiration is huge.

I wish I'd paid my regular vet (A lot more than I did there) and saved myself a lot of misery, it was so depressing.

Anyways, having a glass of wine while I list the last few gumtree items. Sold the TV and the PVR, extention ladder... it goes so FAST on gumtree!

positive vibes to you all.

J

Jitterbug, where you headed in Oz?

Next weekend would be fine for me - let me know the details. Someplace "kid-friendly" would be great as I'll probably have kids in tow as hubbie is already in Oz.

So happy that you are all keen on meeting.

Lets meet at the Mugg & Bean at the V&A waterfront at 11am on Saturday 30th October.

There is indoors and outdoors areas, and is kid friendly.

so far we have:

Jitterbug - Antoinette and Kiril

Waglio - Connie and partner

Linda S - Linda and kids

Wishing and wait... - maybe coming

JacquesV - Jacques and Natalie

Let us know if you can come. Anyone else interested, just reply to the thread.

Very excited about meeting everyone :-) :unsure:

Antoinette

@Wishing and Waiting...really sorry to hear it was that traumatic!! :unsure: We're still up in the air in regards to what we're going to do...big decisions to be made :(

Please let us know if there's anything we can help with prior to you guys leaving...even if it's a chat over a glass of wine (we'll bring the wine and glasses seeing as you're mostly packed up :D )

@Jitterbug

Perfect, we're there!!

Attached is a mugshot of Natalie and myself so that you can recognize us.

post-542-1287819132.jpg

Hi Jitterbug,

My husband and I will try and make it. If he can't due to work then I will come.

Cheers

Pipit

Added to the list:

Pipit and CSI (Jaco)

Looks like i should book a couple of tables :P

@madlo :P. That was taken in December at Sossusvlei , Namibia near Dune 45. STUNNING scenery and worth a trip once in one's life!!!

Saturday sounds like it's going to be a busy day for us but hubby and I are gonna try to be there!!

Keep us posted :)

Hi guys,

I would like to attend as well. I'll bring some info for you all on foreign exchange, SARB regulations, getting RA's paid out, etc.

Tanya

Exchange4free

@madlo :). That was taken in December at Sossusvlei , Namibia near Dune 45. STUNNING scenery and worth a trip once in one's life!!!

Hi Tanya

It will be awesome to chat to you in person about the money issues :)

I did not realize you were in Cape Town, you are more than welcome.

Ok so looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday:

Jitterbug - Antoinette and Kiril

Waglio - Connie and partner

Linda S - Linda and kids

Wishing and wait... - maybe coming

JacquesV - Jacques and Natalie

Kit - x2

Pipit - x2

CSI (Jaco)

Tanya

Here is our mug shot as well

post-10322-1288207018.jpg

Hello Antoinette

My husband will not be able to make it on Saturday, but I will be bringing along my friend Laura (got visa) and my sister-in-law Paige (still waiting).

Looking forward meeting everyone.

Regards

Connie

Hi all,

We'll most likely only be at the venue around 11:30am on Saturday. We're doing the Durbanville High School 50km road bike race at 7:15am and should take roughly 2 hrs to complete baring any drama with the lungs/legs/punctures :lol: Nonetheless we'll be there!!! Leave us some pancakes!!!!! :angry:

Thanks Antoinette and Kiril so much for organizing the coffee get together this morning. I was so much fun to meet everyone.

Regards

Connie.

Thanks everyone for coming along today, it was really nice to meet all of you. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for coming along today, it was really nice to meet all of you. :rolleyes:

Thank you for organizing this and for everyone attending!! :ilikeit:

It was really nice to meet you all!

Archived