Sydney Newcomers Club

africa2aus

I have been a member of this club for a year now and it has been a godsend as it's the only way I got to meet new people and make friends. :ilikeit:

Sydney Newcomers Club is for people new to the area or who want to meet new people or try new things and be part of a network of friendly, fun people.

Their members are of all nationalities, from all walks of life and various ages. They have regular coffee mornings, lunches, nights out, family get-togethers, book club, children's activities, day trips, a babysitting co-op and heaps more!!

For more information:

www.sydneynewcomers.com.au

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sydney-Newco...56445450?ref=ts

newcomersclubinc@gmail.com

• 2 months later...

Hallo Everyone!

We moved to Sydney about 7-8 weeks ago and it can get very lonely when your hubby is at work and you are home alone.

Is there anyone that can forward me some information on this newcomers club and how to get involved?

I have a 9 moyh old boy and we also have only 1 car at the momen.

I am 24 years of age and Afrikaans speaking.

Your response is much appreciated.

kind Regards,

Miki

Hi Miki. I also have a 9 month old boy :P Where do you live? If you are in any proximity to the northern beaches we can make a plan to get together if you want? I have a "few" :holy: years on you but I'm sure our bubs would get along great!

You can contact the club at: sydneynewcomers@gmail.com

They will send you some more information or you can PM me if you'd like my personal take on it.

It is a club for all newcomers to Sydney and their members are British, South African, Australian, Kiwi, etc. You won't find much Afrikaans spoken there, but they're a friendly bunch :holy: .

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone, We applied for the parent visa, and are waiting in the queue for our visa. Would like to know how difficult it is to get a job when in you fifties. What is the the retirement age in Australia. Planning on staying in NSW.

Regards

Marietjie

Hi Everyone, We applied for the parent visa, and are waiting in the queue for our visa. Would like to know how difficult it is to get a job when in you fifties. What is the the retirement age in Australia. Planning on staying in NSW.

Regards

Marietjie

Marietjie, I did a quick search on google and it looks like 60-63, but I might be wrong. There are laws here in place to protect workers against age discrimination, and they seem to work. There are many older people in employment about, if you want to work, you will find work. It obviously depends on your qualifications and experience as to what you will do, but even if you have almost no skill, you can find something. My local supermarket is full of older people working in all sorts of jobs. Remember, here is no shame in doing a job that would have been thought of as a "low" job in RSA. Here there is pride in having a job and doing it well, what ever it is.

Archived