Sign in to follow this  
SAman4Aus

Our 1st time in Sydney - & no idea where to stay

SAman4Aus

I am going to Sydney for the 1st time mid April on holiday (and to activae my PR :rolleyes: ). I will be in Sydney for 5 nights including a weekend. We are just going to do the touristy thing so have no specific agenda yet.

I have no idea where I should be looking for accommodation as Sydney seems to be enourmous.

I want to be within walking distance of main attractions, shopping and bars. We are in our 60s. We will use public transport and ferries.

Is it Darling harbour area, or near Wynard station, or The Rocks?

Gravy

based on your criteria, Darling harbour

henning

Hi, My name is Henning, I have stayed in Sydney for the last three years and I am in Pretoria for the next couple of months. You are welcome to give me a call. my number is 082 466 3322

Regards

Henning Basson

I am going to Sydney for the 1st time mid April on holiday (and to activae my PR :rolleyes: ). I will be in Sydney for 5 nights including a weekend. We are just going to do the touristy thing so have no specific agenda yet.

I have no idea where I should be looking for accommodation as Sydney seems to be enourmous.

I want to be within walking distance of main attractions, shopping and bars. We are in our 60s. We will use public transport and ferries.

Is it Darling harbour area, or near Wynard station, or The Rocks?

Apollo

We stayed at the Park Regis Hotel in Sydney, it's a 5 -10 Minute walk from Darling Harbour and my 6 year old could manage the uphill walk back to the hotel!

Address is 27 Park Street, but you can google for more info.

Hotel was average but met our needs. Awesome shopping mall nearby too.

Enjoy the trip!

Apollo