PRETORIA COFFEE CLUB 2010

Mozzie

Hi all.

I'm new on the forum. Would love to join the next coffee club. In the mean time, do any mothers with little children feel like joining me at Safari Nursery for a get together. I need help with visa paperwork, and could do with a few like-minded friends?

Jenni

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad the club is still running. Does someone still have the Australian flag flying?

Hi all.

I'm new on the forum. Would love to join the next coffee club. In the mean time, do any mothers with little children feel like joining me at Safari Nursery for a get together. I need help with visa paperwork, and could do with a few like-minded friends?

Jenni

Hi Jenni!

I live near Safari and can assist you with all your paperwork! How old are the terrorists?

Let me know then we can meet up!

Groete

Elaine

Ok Guys and Girls!

I have decided to arrange a coffee and milo club get together after the World Cup!

I will post the logistics and agenda around this event, closer to mid July after all the changes were made and I have studied them!

I WILL KEEP IN TOUCH

:)

If you guys hang on till September, Ajay will be in RSA then and I'm sure she'll be up for a cuppa if you'd wannne invite her over... I'm not sure of her itenirary - just that it will be jam packed, but it's worth the try - always good to share a casual chat with a fellow Saffer over a koeksister. :ilikeit:

• 4 weeks later...

NEXT PRETORIA COFFEE CLUB ...

Venue: Jingle Jangle, Moreleta Park, Pretoria

Date: Sunday, 22 August

Time: 12:00

Newbies welcome!

Looking forward warmer weather & seeing everyone there :ilikeit:

Please just confirm attendance figures so that we can liaise with Jingle Jangle re final numbers.

Lets gobble down a nice cup of coffe, and see what we can learn from each other. The 22nd soumds good for us:

2X adults Trix and Kyto

2X children Kyle (12) and Danika (9).

Thanks, see you then :)

NEXT PRETORIA COFFEE CLUB ...

Venue: Jingle Jangle, Moreleta Park, Pretoria

Date: Sunday, 22 August

Time: 12:00

Newbies welcome!

Looking forward warmer weather & seeing everyone there :ilikeit:

Please just confirm attendance figures so that we can liaise with Jingle Jangle re final numbers.

Great idea Mozzie however can i suggest you start a new topic, in this section, and we will pin it for you.

Worried it gets "lost" in all the previous post, that and the fact members might not click on it thinking

its still the original coffee club :)

Done - thanks S

• 3 weeks later...
Done - thanks S

Hi Mozzie,

A collegue heard about my move to Auz.Got so excited, also wants to meet and eat on 22 Aug.Plse add 2 adults.

Thanx

Gwenda

Thanks Gwenda - it promises to be a very interesting day.

Dear Member

We are on the threshold of a General Election in Australia on 21st August, the outcome of which will determine Australia’s future direction in the next 3 years, with the protagonists being Julia Gillard from the Labour Party and Tony Abbott representing the Liberal Party in coalition with the National Party.

Both parties have committed to major reductions in the permanent immigration intake from its record levels of 270,000 in 2008 to 2009, by as much as 100,000 in 2011 ��" 2012. The current program year will see permanent migration intake down to 210,000. Temporary immigration numbers will be in accordance with demands of business and State Governments. How this translates for both skilled and business migrants is in our view as follows:-

- In the case of skilled migrants the process is already now much longer, up to 4 years for Skilled Independent applicants, and whilst it is much faster for Employer Sponsored and State Sponsored applicants, it is very likely that overall numbers in all skilled visa categories will be reduced significantly.

- Added to that we have now a much reduced Skilled Occupations List for Independent and State/Family sponsored visa applicants from some 500 occupations, to 188 occupations, which reduction has not occurred in the case of Employer Sponsored visas. It is likely that the new Prime Minister whoever her or she is, might reduce the number of occupations in the Employer Sponsored visas as a way of naturally curtailing the number of applications in those visa categories.

- In the case of Business Skills visas, with the queue and cap procedure in force, which has lead to delays of up to 12 to 18 months in the processing over the past 2 years, it is apparent that whilst overall numbers have not been cut to date, there is a possibility of some reduction in the Business quota, as well as much longer processing times for Business Skills visas, which may take over 24 months to reach finality.

It seems whichever party is destined to govern Australia we are in for a much reduced migration program in the next few years and lower population growth. How this translates in to Australia’s future economic growth levels only time will tell.

Yours faithfully

John Chapman

• 1 year later...

Hi Corne,

Welcome to the forum! This a 2010 thread, so nothing happening on 18 April this year. No worries, being a newbie takes some time to figure out the forum!

Just keep checking, a coffee club meeting should be bound to happen soon....

Heidi

Edited to add: if you go to this link, there seems to be a Centurion coffee club meeting soon http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/34253-centurion-coffee-club/page__st__30

Ok, Me and the wife also like coffee.

Is the 457 Visa aplicants welcome? :blush:

3 Children

Thank you

Archived