2010 East Rand "Coffee" Club

Serendipity

Thank you very much Serendipity for organising such a wonderful event, we really enjoyed it.

Thanks also to CraigSA - that document is exactly what we needed. Thank you Francois (Herby) for your valuable advice, we have submitted to PT Labs and await his reply. Who knows - maybe we won't have to go the RPL route after all!

Thanks to Mark and Heather for 'breaking the ice' with us, hopefully we'll see you guys in Perth some day soon!

We were really sorry to have to leave so early, would have loved to stay longer, have a drink or 3 and have more discussions with everyone. But Gary had a big exam to study for, which he passed with flying colours thank goodness (all helping towards getting a good ACS assessment).

We really enjoyed it and look forward to the next one.

Di&Gary

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you very much Serendipity for organising such a wonderful event, we really enjoyed it.

Thanks also to CraigSA - that document is exactly what we needed. Thank you Francois (Herby) for your valuable advice, we have submitted to PT Labs and await his reply. Who knows - maybe we won't have to go the RPL route after all!

Di&Gary

PT labs is very experienced and profesional. i would go so far as to say if he cant help, nobody can. Goood luck

As requested, here are some more pics of the get together, sorry if there are duplicates.

@ Craigsa - now know why I could not upload the pics - my 2MB member cap was reached - been posting to much other junk elsewhere :unsure:

post-13175-1265971611.jpg

post-13175-1265971624.jpg

post-13175-1265971638.jpg

post-13175-1265971652.jpg

post-13175-1265971661.jpg

post-13175-1265971678.jpg

post-13175-1265971693.jpg

post-13175-1265971706.jpg

post-13175-1265971718.jpg

I am just blown away by the amazing effort put in by Serendipity. That banner is awesome. Looks remarkably similar to the one at the top of the forum. hehehehehe well done.

So what did the cake taste like?

I would not have eaten the cake! It's too beautiful! Wonderful effort Serendipity! This forum and the people it attracts keeps on amazing me. I am not around here much, but I am honoured to be part of this community too!

Enjoy!

@Serendipity why don't you open yourself an account with Flickr? It's a free picture hosting service (there are others too, but this one is my favourite) and you can post links to photos you have on there to your posts here.

Thanks for the photos Serendipity..and what an absolutely amazing cake and banner...WELL DONE!!!

Good to see the 'good' sisters (I hope) lurking in the background!

Thanks for the photos Serendipity..and what an absolutely amazing cake and banner...WELL DONE!!!

Good to see the 'good' sisters (I hope) lurking in the background!

Mara, my DH and I sat with your sisters, they were fantastic, it was really nice having them there (you don't need to dis-own them, they were behaved :ilikeit: )

Now the Q here is . . . . . DRUM ROLL . . . .

Who is going to host the next JHB Get together in a few months time????

I have a banner that needs to be re-homed and hopefully passed on to others for these events

Not taking it with us when we go (hopefully soon) Would of loved to use it at a future MEL get together but it's longer than our lonesome box. The AU Flag - That's going with . . . the cake, well hmmmm that's no longer :D

Kyto (Key-Toe) - Simpsons????

So who will it be . . . .

I would like to give it a bash.................

Now the Q here is . . . . . DRUM ROLL . . . .

Who is going to host the next JHB Get together in a few months time????

I have a banner that needs to be re-homed and hopefully passed on to others for these events

Not taking it with us when we go (hopefully soon) Would of loved to use it at a future MEL get together but it's longer than our lonesome box. The AU Flag - That's going with . . . the cake, well hmmmm that's no longer :ilikeit:

Kyto (Key-Toe) - Simpsons????

So who will it be . . . .

ha ha ........NOOOOO PRESSURE!

Well done Simpsons...proud of you for offering (or being coerced, not sure which?)

Great Stuff, :)

If the Simpsons need a hand we are willing to help :) .

We are looking forward to the next get together.

Well done Simpsons...proud of you for offering (or being coerced, not sure which?)

ahhhh Mara, no intimidation was used at all :) - just a short brief discussions at the last get together -

the running was between Kyto and Simpsons to start.

I would like to think Simpsons offered out of her own right?

and this now gives us an excuse to get together again with them for coffee :)

Mara, :holy:

As I said before, Serendipity has set the bar high, GULP. But it would be an absolute pleasure, I would love to contribute a little too. Will have to get the details for the "sisters" to attend too, they are a little like the coffee club furniture now!

Kyto, :ilikeit:

Abso-friggin-lutely, I will definately take you up on all the help you offer, SO BEWARE, RUN!

Serendipity, :blush:

Sounds GRRRREEEEAAAAT, with the ideas from yours and Stranded's coffee clubs, I can't go wrong! Waiting for the coffee invite, hell lets have a packing party, we'll be there!!!

Lata

Thanks Hendie for this special acknowledgment for Serendipity's hard work - it was really a fantastic afternoon.... and the cake tasted very nice, thank you!

Well, good luck to Simpsons with the next one, but really, I hope I won't see you there :blink: again!

Hi Simpsons

I have sent you a PM with the contact details for the 'sisters'!

Wow dit is GREAT!

Sorry ek was bietjie lank MIA so ek het die hele "thread" gemis, maar almal het so daaroor ge"rave" ek moes net die foto's kom kyk - Good on you Serendipity! :ilikeit: (En dankie vir almal wat sulke goed rëel vir die Saffers wat oppad is - ek weet hoe baie dit beteken om mekaar se ondersteuning te hê!)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

G'Day,

I'm trying to find the family who attended our last Coffee Club at Dros Edenvale with their son on his way to University in Brisbane. Would like to find out who they used to help with the Student Visa. They were sitting at the end of the table across Serindipity's table.

Thank you.

Ray1973

• 1 month later...

Pics looks great!

Hope there will be a next get-togther soon - would love to be part of it!!

Pics looks great!

Hope there will be a next get-togther soon - would love to be part of it!!

Serendipity (the last host) is now happily living in Gippsland, Victoria so maybe you should organise the next one? Enjoy and give Boksburg a wave from me. :ilikeit:

Serendipity (the last host) is now happily living in Gippsland, Victoria so maybe you should organise the next one? Enjoy and give Boksburg a wave from me. :ilikeit:

:( and Benoni. . . a wave from from us

• 1 month later...

Does anyone from South Africa live in the Newcastle area, I moved here about a year and a half ago and would like to know if there is any coffee clubs or social get togethers in Newcastle, preferably near Charlestown, replies would be really appreciated.

post-14683-1281245611.jpg

Hi Carlo,

My hubby and I live in Newcastle, we have not had any "official" coffee clubs but have met people who are moving to NZ and had lunch with them they are a great couple and I'm sure we could arrange a coffee date for all of us and anyone else looking to join us.

Pm me your details and lest see what we can arrange.

Tania

Archived