Parents Visa

rene321

Thanks for all the info, it's great to hear from someone who has been through the process and had success. We are looking forward to seeing daughter and family again in November, this year and really hope that by next November, we will be settled..

Kind regards

• 1 month later...

Congrats Roxy!!!!!! That's fabulous news :-) Are they going to be living with you or setting up on their own (if I may ask)?

Hi there...

I've been doing some research into the 864143 visa's...something is just strange/I don't understand...on the immi site it says you pay the $1735 + $37 965 per application (which can include your partner) not per person...did I maybe not understand something or is that it?....And then also that they can claim pension after 10 years (after Aos period) not after they become citizens?....

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

Been awhile since I have posted on the forum. Been too busy making a new life here in good old Perth.

After 2 years, we are visiting SA for Christmas for the first time since touching down in Oct 2008.

We started the ball rolling to sponsor my inlaws for a parent visa. The application went in Feb 2010. So expecting a case officer around May 2011. I think??? any other views...?

Just wanted to know if there is anyone else waiting for this and lodged around the same time.

We can all follow each others progress in this thread. Congratulate and comiserate...

Cheers

B

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Blinkers-Off

I lodged for my temp Con Parent visa in March 2010

So we wait together

Fern

Hi Fern

Good to know we have company. I also lodged our Applic for temp Con Parent Visa in March. When I was visiting my daughter last month I went to Diac and was advised that we should get our CO in 15 months from date of lodgement. Did you go through an Agent?

Trevil

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Trevil,

Yes I have used an agent here in Perth. I have spoken to DIAC many times myself though and it is 17 months - so we are looking at August 2011-I guess

It is nice to know someone else is waiting

Fern

Hi Trevil,

Yes I have used an agent here in Perth. I have spoken to DIAC many times myself though and it is 17 months - so we are looking at August 2011-I guess

It is nice to know someone else is waiting

Fern

Hi Fern,

I haven't gone through an agent, but hopefully all will be okay. Good luck and lets hope that all goes well with everyone's application. Really looking forward to joining the rest of my family.

Trevil

Hi Trevil

Do not worry about not having an agent, I think our visa is a sure thing but just a long time to wait.

We are more than half way now so just keep hanging

Fern

Trevil, Jillian and Fern,

We wait together...

My inlaws lodged in mid February 2010 so will post here as soon as we get any further.

Good luck

Blinkers Off

Trevil, Jillian and Fern,

We wait together...

My inlaws lodged in mid February 2010 so will post here as soon as we get any further.

Good luck

Blinkers Off

Hi Blinker's- Off

Yes we all wait together, the more the merrier.

You are before us, so look forward to hearing from you. Will keep you all posted on my news as well.

Good luck to your inlaws as well.

Trevil

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone wondering on timelines for processing of 173 - called immi today and was advised they are busy processing Oct 2009 applications.

• 3 weeks later...

I busy filling out the visa applciation form for my in-laws and was wondering if I could ask a few questions about the documentation

1. Documents to prove your identity - Must this be their ID book and Passport?
  2. Evidence that your sponsor is a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen? Do you have any examples?
  3. If anyone included in the application has changed his or her name ... will the marriage certificate do?</FONT></FONT>
  4. If you have served in the armed forces of any country, certified copies of military service record or discharge papers. My Father-in-law was in the army 35 years ago does he still need this? If so how does he get this?
  5. If we are submitting for them, do they need to sign the application form?

And ....

Part E – Your details - question 36 Have you ever been given written permission by the department to work in Australia? If my in-laws had previously been granted a PR visa does this count?

Part J – Details of other family members , is this for the main applicant or for both parents?

Thanks a million Terence

Edited by IamInACT

Hi Terance,

Wow what a lot of questions! I cannot answer all of them expertly but I'll take on a few and give you my point of view:

Proof of ID - Passport is enough they are not interested in SA ID

Sponsor settled - proof of time in Au if you own a house, have kids in school, perm work contract that sort of thing

Change of name - yes marraige cert is fine but all names must be proven from Birth cert to current

Military discharge papers are required they can be sort somewhere on the forum the details are listed how to get it try a search

They do need to sign the application as far as I know

If they have PR why are you re-applying I thought if you had PR it can never be taken from you??? I should think it would be very important to investigate it.

Details of Family would mean all family I think they need this for the balance of family test

Sorry I cannot be more help - maybe an agent could guide you better

Fern

Hi Terance,

Wow what a lot of questions!

Sorry I cannot be more help - maybe an agent could guide you better

Fern

Thanks for that .... with regards to If they have PR why are you re-applying I thought if you had PR it can never be taken from you??? .... they where granted a PR Visa 30 years ago but never stayed....came for a month but it was just too easy to go home .....

that is fantastic news! We lodged June 2010 so we holding thumbs.

WE ALSO HAVE A CASE OFFICER!!!!

Hi all,

My inlaws emailed us this weekend to say they got the letter requesting more info...

-Medicals

-Police Clearances

-Assurance of Support confirmation.

We are very happy to.

It took exactly a year as their application was received on the 23rd Feb 2010.

We however got a little problem in that the first appointment centrelink (Perth) can give us is the 30th March for the Assurance of Support approval. This will take us past the 28 days allowed to get all the above info. We trying to get confirmation from them that this will be ok.

Will keep you informed to help with your timelines and for your info.

Regards

Blinkers-Off

Congrats, Blinkers-Off!

We had the same issue with the centrelink appointment - you just need to let the case officer know. Send them a copy of the letter you get from Centrelink confirming that you have been in contact with them.

Good luck :)

Thank is great news! Can not wait until my mom gets a CO!

All the best to you!

We got request for final installment today for my Dad's visa. He's been given latest entry date.....it's all happening. Lodged September 2009, got CO end of Jan 2011 and managed to get all documents, meds and AOS in by last week. All very exciting, but I honestly hope this is the last visa I EVER have to worry about now :rolleyes:

Good luck to all those waiting. Nats, your Mom's must be close behind?? :ilikeit:

Candice

congrats candice, guess you all nearly over here from sa. our stories are just beginning

This is fantastic news for everyone!

I am soooo busy and excited all at the same time.

My SA PCC is ready today and I have asked family to courier it to me (don't know how long that will take) and my final medical appointment is this week

Mine is the temp visa for now so no AOS for me yet

I will also exit shortly to get the decision. I hope they tell me when to go?????

Does anyone know where to go to get it into my passport in Pretoria?

I feel like a cat on a hot tin roof, any advice is much appreciated

Fern