Business Migrants

LIGGIE

Hi there, all the Business Migrants

I know of quite a few forumites who went over on the State Sponsored 163 visa, or who is still in the proses. I (and I'm sure our fellow business migrants) would love to have an update on your progress.

How are you coping with your obligations to qualify for PR Subclass 892?

Any one applied for PR yet?

How do you find the economic climate (very different from SA)?

When applying for State Sponsorship can I nominate any State I wish or does Government assign us to a state?

Would love to hear from you all!

Hi Liggie,

We have just submitted our forms to WA for State Sponsorship. Our agent recommended this to us due to the fact that my husband is 57 years old and would be more eligible in WA. We are applying for a Business Owners Provisional Visa 163.

Went on LSD in July to Perth (loved it there). Met with Business Brokers and viewed a number of suitable businesses. Have not made any commitment to that yet though. I know it is going to be a long road ahead but was hoping to be out of here come end of 2010.

I am also curious as to the new visa processing times and wonder if the 163 receives priority processing or not.

Cheers

Pipit

Hi Pipit

Thanks for your reply. Are you sure your husband qualify, because according to immi.gov.au you must be less than 55 years old? Just double check that with your agent.

Yes, I am also curious to the visa processing times - time will teach.

Please keep us posted on your progress!!

Hi Liggie,

Yes, WA will accept until age 59 years provided that you buy into an established business and meet the requirements stipulated such as the amount of purchase of the business, employment of at least 2 Australians etc and other criteria.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers

Pipit

Ok, well this is very interesting - glad to hear! Do you perhaps have the web adress where I can find these WA requirements?

Liggie,

My advice is to please consult with your immigration agent to get the precise details. I think that on the DIAC website there is a website for WA, but as I said please check all the facts with your agent.

Regards,

Pipit

Hi Pipit

We won't be using an agent, I will be lodging my state sponsorship and applying for visa myself. Personally I think they charge you to much for most of the admin work you have to do yourself. There are a few members on this forum who managed by themselves, so I think I will be able to handle it :ilikeit: !

Thanks, anyway. I will do a bit of surfing the web, I'm sure I will be able to find something!

Enjoy your day!

Any other business migrants to give us an update?

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd bump this thread up again for any business migrants - even if you are on any other Business Visa!

HI there. I have just arrived, being the spouse on a State Sposored 163.

We did the applications ourselves, and after filling in mountains of forms, lodged the first lot in May 2007. Total cost R16 000 versus the R100 000 we were quoted.

It was approved by August and our visa was approved 13 December 2007. We activated October 2008 and it took us all this time to sell up our existing business (Service Station) and the house. Took a year, and a huge knock to sell the house. Another reason for the delay is my husband had a huge heart attack last September.

We went SS because at the time he was 54 and we were told there was a slim chance of his being accepted, but miracles did happen.

At the moment I am living with our daughter and doing the rental and job search. I can work, but he can't according to the visa, so I need to start earning dollars ASAP.

Please consider what type of business you base your business plan on as that denotes what kind of business you have to buy. If you want to change, you have to re-submit all business plans, cash flow forecasts etc.

We are looking for a rental in the area our daughter lives in, as we will only buy property once we are established in our business and know what area we will be working inand what the finances are like.

I hope this information helps, please shout if you need any more info.

Hi there Wannago!

Thank you very much for your reply! This info definitely helps alot! Just a few questions though ;) . . .

The total cost of R16 000, was that for your visas, medicals, pcc's, etc? And the R100 000, was that what the agent quoted you :ilikeit: ? We had a quote for R56 000, but also decided that we will be doing it ourselves.

Sorry to hear about your hubby's heart attack! Hope he is fine now! Are you sure hubby is not allowed to work in the mean time? I was under the impression that they are allowed to work while looking for a business opportunity. I will look into all my research and paperwork, and come back to you on that one :ilikeit:

I'm sure some of the other Business Visa Migrant members on the forum mentioned that they have submitted a business plan on one type of business, but bought or started another type of business. Apparently the business plan is only to proof that you are capable to manage any business?

Any other members to shed some light?

Thanks Jenn - you are great :lol: !

This was the exact thread I was refering to, just couldn't remember where to find it . . .

Wannago, did you have any problems in particular regarding the type of business in your business plan and the actual business you were interested in Aus?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Liggie,

We contacted our agent if we can be involved in another type of business from the business plan and below his reply but please check for your type of visa.

The key with this visa (Business skills 164) is your intention to establish and run a business in Australia and transfer funds to Australia for that purpose. In your case this is still the same, all that has changed is the type of business – so it is fine.

Jennifer

• 2 months later...

Hi folks.

Arrived in Aus (Sunshine Coast) on a 163 Business VISA (QLD sposnorship)

Did business plan and $ forecasts ourselves from beginning to end. (had some help from SA accountants but better to get help from local AUS accountants.

Purchased a computer sales, service and repair company. (One of the most establish on the coast. Over 30 years) www.ccscomputers.com.au/

Found so many issues and red tape that could have been resolved in the first few days of arrival or even before we left.

We are also starting a secondary business that assist immigrants here. From finding the ideal business, negoatiating, securing business loans and tax and financial advice all with local and top Australian contacts. So drop us a line.

• 4 weeks later...
HI there. I have just arrived, being the spouse on a State Sposored 163.

We did the applications ourselves, and after filling in mountains of forms, lodged the first lot in May 2007. Total cost R16 000 versus the R100 000 we were quoted.

It was approved by August and our visa was approved 13 December 2007. We activated October 2008 and it took us all this time to sell up our existing business (Service Station) and the house. Took a year, and a huge knock to sell the house. Another reason for the delay is my husband had a huge heart attack last September.

We went SS because at the time he was 54 and we were told there was a slim chance of his being accepted, but miracles did happen.

At the moment I am living with our daughter and doing the rental and job search. I can work, but he can't according to the visa, so I need to start earning dollars ASAP.

Please consider what type of business you base your business plan on as that denotes what kind of business you have to buy. If you want to change, you have to re-submit all business plans, cash flow forecasts etc.

We are looking for a rental in the area our daughter lives in, as we will only buy property once we are established in our business and know what area we will be working inand what the finances are like.

I hope this information helps, please shout if you need any more info.

we also ex bp owners from Durbs. Wanting to come to Brisbane and buy a site. Busy with our 163 app. Did you look at sites and have any intentions of buying into petrol again? Any input would be great. From what i hear the petrol market is tough over their. Although id say it is pretty tough here. What do you say. How are you likeing Brissy

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a completely different type of business than what I based my business plan on. Checked it with the South Australia immigration people - no problem. I think the initial business plan is mainly a screening process.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi folks.

Arrived in Aus (Sunshine Coast) on a 163 Business VISA (QLD sposnorship)

Did business plan and $ forecasts ourselves from beginning to end. (had some help from SA accountants but better to get help from local AUS accountants.

Purchased a computer sales, service and repair company. (One of the most establish on the coast. Over 30 years) www.ccscomputers.com.au/

Found so many issues and red tape that could have been resolved in the first few days of arrival or even before we left.

We are also starting a secondary business that assist immigrants here. From finding the ideal business, negoatiating, securing business loans and tax and financial advice all with local and top Australian contacts. So drop us a line.

Were coming over to Brisbane..looking to buy a service station on a 163 visa. Early days as we are still waiting our State Sponsorship, but i would love to get your details for when we do come over. Hoping to come in Sep to have a look around. Pls PM me or mail me on coetzerco@absamail.co.za

Thanks

Laura

• 1 month later...

Archived