Adelaide: get together???

2hattingh's

hi all

when will our next get together be? where? when? what? any one have any ideas? or suggestions? or any 1 whant to take controle and arrange for one???

it will be our first one, so we cant wait to get out there and c all of you.

regards

mel :ilikeit:

I suggest you guys organise something, find a park, check what facilities are available, then post it here. I am happy to ensure that your post is pinned, and there for all to see.

We have two hosts in Adelaide, however, Dax has taken a leave of absence, and Marius travels a lot, so I guess it will be up to the members to organise the get together!

I think another picnic style get together in a park somewhere in the near future is a good idea, considering the weather is now getting better for that kind of thing. I personally like Belair National Park in the Adelaide hills, nice big place, plenty shade and green lawns and things to do for all. How about we arrange picnic there in the next few weeks when the weather is warmer ? Or is there another suggestion for a venue or get together style ?

Hi Mel

We would love to join you all. Just name the date,time and place.

Belair Park sounds great, :ilikeit:

See ya

Desiree

Belair is lovely... kids can brings bikes etc.

Perhaps one of the Adelaide hosts might want to set an official date, that way we can all start working towards meeting up and spreading the word?

It's been a year since the last forum get together I think...

Last get together/picnic was on 22 February 2009 at the Botanic Gardens parklands. Organised by Mark Stockhausen (simplymark). Central and attractive venue

Previous get together/picnic was on 19 October 2008 at the Botanic Gardens in Mount Lofty. Organised by Mark Stockhausen and I. Great venue but some 'newbies" got lost getting there. There are a number of photos taken at this function/venue posted by "Doortjie" on this forum.

The get together/picnic before that was at the Belair National Park, organised by Marius. Great venue but like the Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens not that central for people living in the northen suburbs.

Have had a number of enquiries from recent arrivals about another get together ......so good idea to have another one soon.

About 200 South Africans/ex South Africans on Facebook group "South Africans in Adelaide. Administrators/organisers, "Saffieby" and Adriaan Haasbroek

I am happy to help if required.

Cheers

Manny

Last get together/picnic was on 22 February 2009 at the Botanic Gardens parklands. Organised by Mark Stockhausen (simplymark). Central and attractive venue

Previous get together/picnic was on 19 October 2008 at the Botanic Gardens in Mount Lofty. Organised by Mark Stockhausen and I. Great venue but some 'newbies" got lost getting there. There are a number of photos taken at this function/venue posted by "Doortjie" on this forum.

The get together/picnic before that was at the Belair National Park, organised by Marius. Great venue but like the Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens not that central for people living in the northen suburbs.

Have had a number of enquiries from recent arrivals about another get together ......so good idea to have another one soon.

About 200 South Africans/ex South Africans on Facebook group "South Africans in Adelaide. Administrators/organisers, "Saffieby" and Adriaan Haasbroek

I am happy to help if required.

Cheers

Manny

Hi Manny and all others,

No worries, im easy, any other venue is ok for me, I just go to Belaire often. I wait for the general agreement then on a more central venue and i will keep an eye out for the arrangements posted here and attend if I can.

Belair Nat Park is such a pleasant spot to picnic in and hold a gathering of any sort. . . . lots of big shady trees to keep cool under in the dead of summer.

The only drawback I can think of there, is the popularity of the place being so great that you may have to book one of the picnic spots with the Park office to ensure that it's held available for any particular event.

I'll be home in another couple of weeks after being away a while in Cambridgeshire, and since our house has been let for the next few months, I'll probably be staying in my caravan in Belair Caravan Park or one of the other caravan parks around Adelaide before trekking off for the winter, so Ginnie & I'll ought to be around to help organise any event in the meantime.

My life's a bit up in the air for 2010 and will be transitory a bit, but I'll put my mobile phone number up soon for you troops in Adelaide to get in touch and let me know how I can help out in some way.

It'll be good to get home, get some warmth in my bones and to catch up with a few faces I've got to know over the past two or three years back in Adelaide and find out how their lives have panned out in the meantime.

Greetings from a cold (12 degrees) and wet Cambridgeshire, England.

Archived