Any South African doctors in Brisbane?

Noddy

I think I've searched all over the site, but haven't found anything - could be looking in the wrong place, or with my eyes.... BUT,

Does anyone know of any South African doctors in the Brisbane area? I've tried a few local doctors, but EISH! I'm always left questioning their credentials. Maybe I'm just trying all the wrong ones?

It's not like I even go to the doc that often; only when one of us is SERIOUSLY ill. I've had a doctor tell me warm water with ginger and honey twice a day, for my tonsilitis and gargle 2 aspirin (but be SURE to spit it!) for a fever. I've been to 2 doctors that regardless of the ailment, they prescribe an antibiotic an that's it. I don't know - it just doesn't sit right with me.

Oh boy, days like today, when I'm sick as a dog!!! I really and truly miss my South African doctor!!!

Thanks

Noddy

I'm on the west side, but quite frankly ANYWHERE in Brisbane will be just fine. I don't mind having to travel...

also watching with interest - have been to 2 doctors here for a sore foot that I have had since we arrived last december and the repsonse from both has been - you just have to live with it, it can take a while to heal... 9 months later and still in pain!!!!

What I did here in Sydney, I Googled medical practitioners in our area and got a long list..... Worked through the list and found someone with an Afrikaans-sounding surname. I went to him and could you believe it - he was Afrikaans!! He has actually been here since 1971, but can still speak Afrikaans! So I had my whole doctor's appointment conducted in Afrikaans!! :ilikeit:

Here is a similar list for Brisbane.... you would know the areas better and would be able to choose the area closest to you. I know it is tedious work to go through all the names, but worthwhile in the end!

http://www.doctors-4u.com/brisbane/areas_a.htm

And I've used this website:

http://www.aussieweb.com.au/directory/cate...x?cid=4027#7031

Here you go........ Browns Plains Family Practice, 3809 2911. We are with Naomi Liebenberg there is another 2 SA Dr's too.

I go to Toombul medical centre. Chris Pitt 32665277. Has always been pretty thorough and they bulk bill :ilikeit:

Dr Marius Bosch Tel: (07) 3881 2311 Strathpine.

Groete Riaan

Try Medicross Medical Centres in Brisbane. I know of a SA doctor @ Ipswich Medicross. Her name is Luze, but I cant remember what her surname is. Ipswich is a bit far though... Another briliant doctor is @ Toowong Medical Centre (next to the Terry White) she is Dr. Jen Conn - South African born, but Australian trained.

Bye, Pippa! X

Thanx all for your replies - and great to see there seems to be quite a few to choose from :lol: I'll work my way through the list - I'm bound to find one I like.

You guys are all tops!!! :ilikeit:

Take Care

Archived