Sydney visit 6 to 9 October

HouseInOz

Hi there!

We are staying in the Darling Harbour area for these days. Want to know of ANY get togethers that time. Also we want to buy some MUCH NEEDED AND MISSED SA goodies. I also want to buy some children's clothing, quality but at a fair price.

Please tell us about places not to miss - we love lovely coffee and SEAfood. Please tell us of closeby MALLS. We have been to the same area before (August 2008) have done the normal touristy things and now really want to get to know Sydney even better.

We would absolutely appreciate any recommendations.

People might do things differently in the suburbs, but those of us living in the city do not really have official SA gatherings as you would get in SA - people tend to blend into society here and do their own thing. Most form their own groups of friends and randomly do stuff together, like going to rugby, opera, concerts, dinner, weekends away, etc. But if you're going to be in Darling Harbour, I might have time for a quick lunch.

SA food like biltong, koeksisters, etc. you'll find at Springbok Delights in Mowbray Road, Lane Cove, on the northshore.

Great coffee all over Sydney. You might want to go to the fish markets near Darling Harbour for great seafood. Malls close to the city? Probably Bondi Junction, you can take the train there from Townhall station. Otherwise wander down Pitt Street Mall in the city.

If you like walking, do the Bondi to Coogee walk along the coast. Or the Spit Bridge to Manly walk on the northshore. If you want to get to know Sydney better, my suggestion would be to rent a car and drive around in the eastern and northern suburbs.

Depending on the age of your children, I would recommend buying some clothes at either Target, Kmart or Big W, the quality is not bad at all and they are very well priced.

If you are staying in Darling Harbour then you are surrounded by seafood restaurants, so no problem there.

We live about 25 / 30km from the city, South of Sydney - happy to meet up with you when you arrive too.

Archived