DURAL VILLAGE

billabong

Hi there! I am looking at booking two weeks at dural village in the hills area. I just wanted to know if anyone has stayed there or maybe know of someone who has, or knows it at all?! It seems very nice on the website?.....please if anyone can let me know. We are landing in October and I would like to book asap...

Thanks guys!!

Somehow the word epidural popped into my mind... there's no connection, is there? ^_^

Hi there! I am looking at booking two weeks at dural village in the hills area. I just wanted to know if anyone has stayed there or maybe know of someone who has, or knows it at all?! It seems very nice on the website?.....please if anyone can let me know. We are landing in October and I would like to book asap...

Thanks guys!!

Hi we live near it and it looks very nice and tidy from the outside. will go and have a proper look for you if you want

Hi Billabong,

We have stayed there both times we have visited Sydney. We just rented the ensuite family cabin - one night each time. This is fine if you are just going to be sleeping there. They are rather small but everything you need is provided. Maybe go for something bigger if you plan to stay for a while.

Otherwise the area is nice and peaceful and I just love the Hills area. Reminds me of my old hometown of Hillcrest KZN.

Thanks guys! We'll be staying there for max 2 weeks, and hopefully it won't be cold anymore to get out and not be inside the whole time. But I'm sure we'll be exploring during the day, so it's just to eat breakfast, shower, have dinner and sleep....I just wanted to know if it's clean etc - well basically what you see on the website.

Thanks Ozzewa - I think the fact that Lynn stayed there helps a lot, so no need to have a look!!

Billabong - just thought of something - this place used to be called Dural village - its now Sydney Hills Holiday Park. Hope this is the same place you are thinking of ???

Both times we have stayed it was clean - the gardens neat, the pool sparkling. We found it perfectly situated as we did the Sydney sites and headed back to Canberra via the Blue Mountains.

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys!!

Hi there.

Dural is a lovely little place. We stay just down the road in Castle Hill, also a great area. Infact the entire Hills area is generally very nice.

Hope you enjoy.....

Mike. (ex J'burg)

Hi Mike

We stayed there for a week - with two small kiddies!! In a glorified caravan - but it was clean and had everything we needed except space! But anyway - we are now also in Castle Hill!!! Where exactly are you?

Hi Mike

We stayed there for a week - with two small kiddies!! In a glorified caravan - but it was clean and had everything we needed except space! But anyway - we are now also in Castle Hill!!! Where exactly are you?

Hi there.

We are just off David Rd, in Oakhill estate. Kids go to Oakhill Drive Public school. Where are you guys ? How are you settling in ?

R's.

Mike

Not sure where that is?.....we are in Excelsior Avenue....My daughter will start at Excelsior Public school next year....we are doing great! Ordered our new car (can pick it up on 5 December) and I'm almost done with the spring cleaning before our stuff arrives....very soon it seems! Went through customs today without any problems...now just customs and then I suppose to our front door?! Yeeee-haaa!! Do you know any other people in this area?

Would like some thoughts on Oakhill Drive Public School and the area. My family are moving down from Brisbane to Sydney in Jan are actually arriving tomorrow to look around The Hills area for schools etc. They will be working at Westmead Childrens Hospital so they are thinking of that sort of direction. We are on the upper northshore but I think it is just too far for them to travel and pricey on a students salary.

Hi Billabong

We landed in september 09. We first stayed with people in castle hill. They helped us out for about a month or so. We are currently renting in parramatta (6 months lease). We want to put our 2 boys in excelsior childcare also in excelsior avenue. We will net look for place to rent that side. We are also from cape town. My husband is busy with his car lisence. He passed the theory test. I do mine at a later stage. The traffic is bit to busy for me. I will take more lessons and need much more time. I am still at home with the 2 boys. Most chilcare places close this time of the year. We first want to sort out the kids and see if they adapt in childcare. Then I will start to look for a job.

Good Luck with everything.

Donalene

Archived