Residency needed

Cyberdeth

Hi guys.

I wonder if someone can help me. If I could go another route, I would. Money is bit tight.

I will be landing in Sydney close to/on the 3rd of january 2010, and was wondering if anyone close to the CBD would be able to let me crash at their place for no more than a month. I just need a place until I can find a place of my own. I would really appreciate it and will even help in the house with whatever I can.

Thank you very much.

Hi Cyberdeth

I'm sorry I can't offer accommodation (our place is hardly big enough to swing a cat) but if you are not too fussy, are single and don't mind sharing, have you looked at the backpackers places in Bondi (some are very nice) or even Kings Cross (maybe a bit dodgy but certainly vibey :whome: ) You can easily catch a train or bus from Bondi into the CBD and you can walk from Kings Cross. I think they are about $16 - 25 a night. eg: http://www.lamrocklodge.com

S

Hi.

I have looked at backpackers, but want to save as much money as possible. Thanks though. I'll keep looking.

Dear Cyberdeth

I hope that you find some kindly person to put you up, but please dont be offended if no one offers.

It is quiet a big ask to put a someone up in you home for a month especially a stranger.

I reckon that Sasher suggestion of backpackers is a very good option, and if it only $25.00 per night it would only work out at A$750.00 for a month.

Good luck anyway.

Regards

Enrica

Yeah, i understand. I lived in backpackers 2 years ago, in sydney and melbourne. Nothing wrong with it. I'll keep looking though.

hi CD

I would suggest you register on couchsurfing.com

Its a very nice site, with people all over the world who are willing to have strangers stay with them, some literally on a couch :unsure: and others with a room or 2. on each profile they will say exactly what they have to offer, for how long its on offer, etc

and its free!

y

Hey T,

Yeah I did check out couchsurfing. looks adventurous. Still have some time organise which is good. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Archived