TERRITORY BOOKLETS

Serendipity

Hi all

Yesterday our agent told us where to get a FULL BOOKLET on the respective Territory that we are going to.

Beginning a Life in Australia – English

http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-australia...ets/english.htm

All states have one.

Booklet sizes vary in page count (ours was 70 pages) but worth printing.

They cover all aspects of being a new arrival to your chosen Territory and lists things you should be doing, in order, from the time you land.

All contact details and weblinks are listed for various services - this makes life so much easier!

Also Covers items such as: Australian Laws and Customs, Housing, Employment, schools and the list goes on

VERY USEFUL INFORMATION :ilikeit:

They are all in PDF Format.

Hi all

Yesterday our agent told us where to get a FULL BOOKLET on the respective Territory that we are going to.

Beginning a Life in Australia – English

http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-australia...ets/english.htm

All states have one.

Booklet sizes vary in page count (ours was 70 pages) but worth printing.

They cover all aspects of being a new arrival to your chosen Territory and lists things you should be doing, in order, from the time you land.

All contact details and weblinks are listed for various services - this makes life so much easier!

Also Covers items such as: Australian Laws and Customs, Housing, Employment, schools and the list goes on

VERY USEFUL INFORMATION :ilikeit:

They are all in PDF Format.

Cool thanks !

Great Serendipity, I have pinned it so that people can find your post easily.

• 2 weeks later...
Great Serendipity, I have pinned it so that people can find your post easily.

Mara, scuse the ignorance,....but how does pinning a topic make it easier to find??????

How do you diferentiate when searching between pinned and not pinned????

This is one of those things that has kept me awake at night as I just can't for the life of me work it out....

Many thanks in advance.

Hilton

Sheesh, Saturday night and Hilton is making me think...... OK, here goes, when you pin a topic it stays at the top of the section in which it was written, it does not move down the page as and when new threads are posted in that section. It will remain at the top of the section, whilst it remains pinned. When it is information, like that provided by Serendipity above, it will probably remain pinned forever, but if it is something, in say the events section, we will pin it until the event has taken place and after the event we will unpin it and allow it to move it's way down the page.

Hope that makes sense to you.

:blink: Thanks...