IELTS

Dedrei

Since we are now coming over on the 457 visa, and we will be applying for PR from within Australia. Do we need to do the general or academic IELTS test? I have seen elsewhere on the site that someone else said they had to write academic, because they were in oz already. Is this true? <_<

Dedrei

Was me who wrote that. I was asked by my Case Officer to do the Academic Ielts. Some of my other colleagues only had to do the General One. I applied in NSW, had Susan Glasson as my C/O, and she was a real "tawwe tante" I guess the less you ask them, the friendlier they are. So, it is not to say that you have to do the Academic one. They will tell you what to do when you apply for PR, some girls did'nt even have to do any Ielts tests...

Regards

Madelein

Hi,

I believe that the IELTS will depend on the nominated occupation. If you have nominated an occupation that requires a high level of english you would then have to sit the academic test. (I would think that these would be occupations such as teaching, doctors etc - but may be wrong)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Paula <_<

Dedrei, I was wondering the same thing about a week ago and e-mailed the ppl at the test center, their response was as follows:

There are two tests: General Training is most often used for "Permanent Residency" or for entry to TAFE, college etc. Academic is for entry to University or for registration as a professional person.

Hope this helps you <_<