ARE THERE ANY ADELAIDE MUM'S GROUPS OUT THERE??

samum

Hi everyone

I am new to the forum and Adelaide - we arrived on the 12th of May 2009 B) I am not sure if this forum is very active but I am looking for a mum's group in Adelaide. I have two sons, the eldest is almost 4 and the youngest is 10 months. I am South of Adelaide in Hallett Cove. Just looking to meet other mum's with kids in the area..... let me know if there is anything happening?

My hubby & I would also been keen to get involved in any South African get togethers that happen on the weekends with the kids????

Thanks alot :lol:

Hi,

if there isn't any active group, start one!!! We thought we'll be in Adelaide by this time, but still waiting. Would love to join when we land! Looks like a lot of SAcans in Adelaide, so am sure there will be something going on. Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi There, send me a PM. We have weekly coffees in the South. Would love to meet you but I think I already have, Elana.

Hi samum

We have been in Adelaide since March 09 and are staying in Seaford Rise, down south.

I am keen for a get together however my boys are older 12 and 9.

Would love to meet.

Regards

Desiree

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Please also PM me? We arrived in Adelaide on 20 August and have two daughters (1 & 2 age... not their names... he he).

We would also like to meet up with other in Adelaide.

Marlize

• 3 weeks later...

Hi samum and others

I am not directly aware of a mothers group, but there seem to be a need for such a group. Thats in terms of South African group, there are of course many with Aussie moms, perhaps try those in the interim ? Also a great way to integrate. We have friends that recently arrived with a 11 month year old gaughter and she is also looking for such a South African group, but has integrated into a local group in her area in no time. I however guess there is a need for Saffer moms to talk about all things about kids and challenges from a South African perspective. I know our friends are looking for comparitive brands etc for instance.

Maybe one of you should start a Saffer play group. Our " little girl" is 17 now :ilikeit: so we wont be in a good position to attend or start one i think !.

I'll keep track of this thread, as we too are, if we can choose, on our way to Adelaide. We have a 4-year old, a 2 year old and another on the way. Would love to have somewhere to slot in to with little ones who will miss their little friends back home !

Hi there guys. We have a coffee group on Mondays in the south, Morphett Vale. Please contact me if you need any help and need to meet other Saffers.

Alida, I have a almost 6, amos 4 and almost 2 year old. Let me know when you arrive.

Edited by Oubossies

Well, now you guys are making me almost anxious, excited to get there - thank you so very much, we'd love to meet up with you. Don't even have our visa yet, hopefully we can start the move somewhere in the first half of 2010 !

Daai koffie groep bymekaar kom op Maandae is so lekker, ek ry lag, lag 'n uur soontoe en 'n uur terug! Die moeite werd om jou week so te begin.

Die girls is great! :blink: