• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Omzig

• polly

• AllisonW

• Cyberdeth

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, so when I run out of espresso, I can always dig into the Milo!

The only problem is, according to Nestle's website ( http://www.nestle.com.au/NR/rdonlyres/C9BC...CaffeinePDF.pdf ), espresso contains 1.94g of caffeine per litre, and Milo contains only 0.021g.

So I'd have to drink 92 cups of Milo to get the same effect as one cup of espresso.

That can take a while...

Neslte are lying. They are not disclosing on their product and on their website it is lies what they have put down.

The only problem is, according to Nestle's website ( http://www.nestle.com.au/NR/rdonlyres/C9BC...CaffeinePDF.pdf ), espresso contains 1.94g of caffeine per litre, and Milo contains only 0.021g.

So I'd have to drink 92 cups of Milo to get the same effect as one cup of espresso.

That can take a while...

Glad you caught them!

Let's check their sources, "NUTTAB Australian Food Composition Tables. FSANZ 2006":

http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/_srcfiles/...May%2020071.pdf

page 282 ... "Milo, prepared with milk: 0.9mg/100ml of caffeine"

You are right, Nestle ARE lying! There is less than half the amount of claimed caffeine in Milo when prepared with milk. No wonder Polly falls asleep when drinking it, and now I have to drink 215 cups of Milo to get the same effect as one cup of espresso!

LOL funny stuff. hahaha OMG they killed kenny, those bastards!!!

And while I'm at it the yeast extract in Vegemite contains MSG. So the 2 of the loved Aussie products are poisoning the children. The FDA are useless at their job.

Edited by Lara

:thumbdown::ilikeit::ilikeit::D:D

Can do with 215 cups today! Think I'll just eat it straight out of the bottle!!

Edited by milo

That can take a while...

Not to mention plenty trips to the loo. If that caffeine doesn't keep you awake, your bladder will!

:(:ilikeit::(

That's when you know Aus is a good place to live - when you are worrying about the caffeine content of Milo!!

When I moved to the UK I could not understand why the English are always so pedantic about every little small thing, then I realized its because they don't have anything else to worry about.

Many thanks for that. We got an enzyme deficiency that runs in my family so we are very sensitive to MSG.

My aunt said to me to be careful of ready made tomato sauces for pasta etc. The real old fashioned parmesan cheese is fine.

Lara, make sure you don't feed your kids any tomatoes or Parmesan cheese either - those would be poisonous too!

http://blog.khymos.org/2007/07/06/glutamic...s-and-parmesan/

http://www.msgfacts.com/#What%20foods%20are%20glutamate-rich?

Oh, wasn't the FDA US-based?

Lets start your education about what is wrong with current food & products in Australia.

Read through this website

http://www.fedupwithfoodadditives.info/

There are currently 1154 products in the Australian supermarket with the 6 nasty colours (this includes medicines and toothpastes)

http://www.fedupwithfoodadditives.info/fea...colourfoods.htm

Let me add 1 in 160 children in Australia are currently being diagnosed with an Autism spectrum disorder .

This is no joke or hoax. It was on the news the other day and you can do you research on the internet.

6 weeks ago my son's therapist said she suspects he may have ADHD. I can't even get him on a waiting list to see a developmental paediatrician - that's how bad the problem is here.

I have gone the natural route and I have eliminated preservatives, artificial colorants and flavour from our diets. I have also thrown all the chemical out of my house. Skincare products, sun tan lotion, toothpaste, soap, dishing washing powder and liquid, washing powder, toilet cleaners etc. I have gone organic and natural with everything. I am also getting help from my Naturopath. My boys are now calm and have started doing things like drawing again and using their imagination when playing instead of just wanting to veg out in front of the TV and or play endless computer games.

Just do some searching on the internet and you will discover how many toxins are in our environment. My family has been more affected than others due to our enzyme deficiency. Some people call us the canaries of the coal mines.

If you have any questions I more than happy to help if I can.

:lol::lol::lol:

That's when you know Aus is a good place to live - when you are worrying about the caffeine content of Milo!!

When I moved to the UK I could not understand why the English are always so pedantic about every little small thing, then I realized its because they don't have anything else to worry about.

Yep, there are too many non-organic chemicals in our lives.

My personal mission is to contribute to the total ban of DHMO (dihydrogen monoxide), which is still used extensively in the food industry and in many household products: http://www.dhmo.org/

From the FAQ on DHMO:

Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species shown to mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.

Let me add 1 in 160 children in Australia are currently being diagnosed with an Autism spectrum disorder.

Let me put this differently: 159 out of 160 children in Australia are currently not being diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Yep, there are too many non-organic chemicals in our lives.

My personal mission is to contribute to the total ban of DHMO (dihydrogen monoxide), which is still used extensively in the food industry and in many household products: http://www.dhmo.org/

From the FAQ on DHMO:

Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species shown to mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Buy the more natural or organic kind. In the long run your chidren will be better off. Better still try and keep them out of the sun during the hottest time. Wear hats and long sleaves.

Just google and you will find out how toxic suncreen is.

Will be a while before I throw out sunscreen.... skin cancer is a bigger threat to my family.

I can google and find out how toxic milk is. I don't have the money for 'organic'. I am sure arsenic is all natural and organic.

I think I will stop responding to this thread.

Well the poor kids in South Africa that drink the average supermarket milk are getting pumped full of hormones thanks to Monsanto. All the man boobs on boys and men can thank them.

Thank goodness we don't have as many added hormones here in Australia. We haven't changed to organic yet. I agree it is expensive. It is hard to change everything all in one go. But I'm getting there. I've only been at it for a month really.

I can google and find out how toxic milk is. I don't have the money for 'organic'. I am sure arsenic is all natural and organic.

I think I will stop responding to this thread.

Well the poor kids in South Africa that drink the average supermarket milk are getting pumped full of hormones thanks to Monsanto. All the man boobs on boys and men can thank them.

Thank goodness we don't have as many added hormones here in Australia. We haven't changed to organic yet. I agree it is expensive. It is hard to change everything all in one go. But I'm getting there. I've only been at it for a month really.

You are kidding right??? :lol: They are not adding oestrogen!!!! :lol:

I suggest you do a little more research on reputable sites.

You can start by wiki-ing "rBST" (instead of oestrogen) - that should put your hormone fears at rest! :lol:

Guys at the end of the day, "scientists" all around the world will always come up with "this food will increase cancer" or "that will increase another ailment", then a couple of months later you will hear "scientists" say, "you need this and that", which was bad for you two months ago, is now integral to a healthy life. People can argue that meat is bad for you, and milk is bad for you, one of these days they will say veggies is bad for you too. I mean you can even DIE from too much water, yep that's right, you can get water poisoning.... Any kind of food is good in MODERATION. As far as getting sick from food, you get more poisons in from breathing... anybody heard of CO2 ?? Yep those same gasses that's threatening the earth.. guess what, you are breathing it in every day, now if something is that bad that it's killing the earth, imagine how bad is it for a human being. And you can argue that vegetarians are more healthy than meat lovers, but test after test have shown there are NO benefits from being a vegetarian. I guess what I'm trying to say is that everything is good in MODERATION... A very good example of this is : http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/98947.php - Red Bull.

Just my view:

I really try to use good old fashioned common sense with my family BUT i dont believe that one should become super psycho about these issues. Hubby is veggie and we eat lots of fruit and veg and soya etc.

Organic: Why not grow your own veg if you can: Cheap and organic.

Polly totally agree about the sunscreen. Come now people!