Gas Braai Bottle Connector

Tezi

I just bought a gas bottle from the BP - came home and the fitting from my Jetmaster braai does not fit into the gas bottle. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you have to buy to resolve the issue (would Bunnings have the necessary new attachment or convertor?)

I want to braaiiii!

Hi Tezi,

I asume your Jetmaster braai is from South Africa.

See this website for a converter that converts normal South African gas connections to Ausie gas bottles:

http://www.satooz.com/category5_1.htm

I searched everywhere, (our local Bunnings included) but could not find the right connectors till I discovered the above connector.

I found our local Ray's Outdoor shop have lots of Ausie fittings. (If your Jetmaster is from Aus)

Groete

Oosie

I just bought a gas bottle from the BP - came home and the fitting from my Jetmaster braai does not fit into the gas bottle. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you have to buy to resolve the issue (would Bunnings have the necessary new attachment or convertor?)

I want to braaiiii!

I was in Brisbane in the valley and noticed a jetmaster shop but it was moving http://www.jetmaster.com.au/page/showrooms.html

Satooz fitting will fit standard CADAC (South African) BBQ's. The site has phone numbers but there are offices all over Australia. They could help. Zillmere could be your closest. Many have tried Bunnings with no success

AUSTRALIA

NSW:

10 Martin Ave., Arncliffe. 2205

167 Eastern Valley Way, Castlecrag. 2068

3/10 Salisbury Rd., Castle Hill. 2154

17a Lyell St., Mittagong 2575

334 Brunker Rd., Adamstown. Newcastle. 2289

1/5 Coombes Drive., Penrith. 2750

299c Pacific Hwy; opp KFC, Coffs Harbour 2450

CANB:

Cnr Wollongong and Maryborough Rd., Fyshwick. 2609

VIC:

444 Swan St., Richmond, ( near Burnley St .) 3121

QLD:

59 Pineapple St., cnr Cambewarra St., Zillmere. 4034

108 Ferry Rd., Southport . 4215

7/129 Mingjumbal Dr., Tweed Heads. 2486

SA:

19 Marlow Road, Keswick. 5035

WA:

277 Lord St, East Perth. 6000.

• 2 weeks later...

Big W now stock the fittings you mentioned. You can find them on the shelf, they are a campmaster product and are labelled as a 3/8" L/H thread to cadac connector. However the bottles from the servos have a 1/2" L/H thread I think definitely bigger than 3/8" in which case big W has the required adapter to reduce it to 3/8" L/h which the above mentioned campmaster adapter will then fit.

• 6 years later...

Hi Tezi. I just came on here to find out which convertor I need for my Cadac products. Saw your Richard Scott profile pic and thought I would leave a comment :D

• 4 years later...
On 4/10/2009 at 2:15 PM, Oosie said:

Hi Tezi,

I asume your Jetmaster braai is from South Africa.

See this website for a converter that converts normal South African gas connections to Ausie gas bottles:

http://www.satooz.com/category5_1.htm

I searched everywhere, (our local Bunnings included) but could not find the right connectors till I discovered the above connector.

I found our local Ray's Outdoor shop have lots of Ausie fittings. (If your Jetmaster is from Aus)

Groete

Oosie

Just received my gas bottle conversion and it is too small for my Weber Q braai or the LPG gas bottle. It looks like the SATOOZ converter is for small gas canisters. Does anyone know where to find converters for larger 8.5kg type bottlesĀ