The younger Generation

Louis Engelbrecht

Just got offered a promotion at my company, but the job is in sydney. Moving mid March and looking to live in balmain/inner-west location.

i am 22, and wondering if there are any other younger south africans living in sydney.

Louis

Hi Louis

Now aren't you the lucky one!

I suggest you go to the top right of this page, find the 'Members' button, click on that and then enter 'Springbok', when you get to his page, find the button to send him a PM (personal message). He is one of our hosts in Sydney, single, and I am sure he will be able to put you in contact with other single SA's.

Good luck to you on your journey!

Just got offered a promotion at my company, but the job is in sydney. Moving mid March and looking to live in balmain/inner-west location.

i am 22, and wondering if there are any other younger south africans living in sydney.

Louis,

First, you lucky thing! I wish I had such an opportunity when I was 22! Second, here are MANY young South Africans between the ages of 22 and 35, I have met about 100 of them in my almost 2 years here. We live all over the city, but there are quite a few in the Balmain area too. Get in touch once you arrive.

Cheers

Charl

oh dear its sad when you dont qualify for "young" anymore.... but we are in our mid 30's and very young at heart :lol: My hubby works in Balmain. Is that where you will be working?

thanks for the replies guys.

haha am definitely not saying 30 is old haha, because of my work most of my friends is in their 30's anyway.

just thought that due to the lack of a working holiday visa for south africans it will be mostly families over in sydney.

ill be working in sussex street in the cbd, i have 4 weeks in a service apartment that the company will pay for so that i can find a place to rent. not quite sure about which area but would like to be about 30min away from the office.

been thinking about balmain, or somewhere where i can just catch a ferry into darling harbour.

Edited by Louis Engelbrecht

Fantastic to know there are other young, single people also doing this move! I'll also be arriving on my own in September.

sounds good look me up!

louis . engelbrecht @ bigfoot . com

I am one of the hundreds of singles SB knows in the city :blush: I work 2 streets up from Sussex, in York. Shout if you wanna go for a beer once you've arrived. PS: I live in Elizabeth Bay, which is walking distance from the city, but not in the city (inner east). There are some awesome places for singles in and around the city. If you are single, I suggest get yourself a place in the inner west or inner east. Balmain is awesome but any place north of the harbour, add 20 minutes to your travelling every day. But shout when you are in town, I'll give you a run down on the various areas.

i'm 31 and doing the big move on my own to Sydney. I leave on the 25th April 2009...i can't wait.

:whome: :whome: :ilikeit:

I am one of the hundreds of singles SB knows in the city :whome: I work 2 streets up from Sussex, in York. Shout if you wanna go for a beer once you've arrived. PS: I live in Elizabeth Bay, which is walking distance from the city, but not in the city (inner east). There are some awesome places for singles in and around the city. If you are single, I suggest get yourself a place in the inner west or inner east. Balmain is awesome but any place north of the harbour, add 20 minutes to your travelling every day. But shout when you are in town, I'll give you a run down on the various areas.

Hi Jannie

Thats awesome thanks, ill definitely give you a should once i arrived.

cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi Louis,

hope your plans are going well. We've been in Balmain since end of January and are sooooo happy with our choice, so many restaurants, pubs, shop, lots of parks and greenery (we are even looking to buy a kayak). There are two bus routes that take you directly (15min) to the city or you can take the ferry (not as regular as the busses). Give us a shout when you get here so Dan and I can buy you a beer. :ilikeit:

Rozelle

• 2 weeks later...

Well i finally arrived in Sydney last week. - without my 457, apparently my xray never made it here. so waiting for that to get courriered over from the UK - nightmare

Currently staying in kings st wharf next to darling harbour and actively looking for a place to rent.

Just wish the agents wont all make their open viewings at the same time :-(

So Far it seems to point in the direction of balmain/rozelle (specifically balmain shores have some nice places) just worried about the road noise from victoria road coming in, but ill see how bad that is when i get there today.

Anyone in the going to the pub this afternoon to watch the bulls play?

If so give me a call ill join you - 0416920034