Immigration Agents

Greg

Hi looking for some advice. Has anybody used Migration Experts. They are an Australian agent. If so what was the experience like, any problems. What are the downfalls of using an Ozzie agent as apposed to an agent in SA. Can anybody recommend an agent. I am looking to go on a Skilled Sponsored Visa to Perth.

Thanks Everybody

Greg

Our agent is in Australia, my personal opinion is its better to use one in Aus than South Africa.

And today I can HIGHLY recommend him, seeing as our visa was granted this morning.

Geoff Higgs – Migration Agent

Reg. No. 0319488

Email: ghmigr8@bigpond.net.au

Tel. (61 -7) 46968810/4698 7422

Fax(61 – 7) 4698 7433

All the best with your application....

Here is a link to those that advertise and give advice on this site. Have not heard anything bad about anyone of them, I am sure if they were not up to scratch, someone here who has used them, would have shouted, loud and clear.

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showforum=65

Hi we used Migrate2Oz , look them up on the net. They have been good - no complains. They are based in JHB but some of the guys are Ozzies.

Also used Migrate2oz.

Ray was very professional- no complaints. Just remember that an agent does not guarantee a visa and cannot jump your app to the front of the line. Sometimes people seem to think that if you use an agent you are guaranteed a visa or preferential treatment - not so.

Have you thought of doing the app yourself and saving some money - so many people are DIYing. Our apps were not straight forward and we needed a lot of assistance.

Good luck with your decision.

Edited by Lyn

Also used Migrate2oz.

Ray was very professional- no complaints. Just remember that an agent does not guarantee a visa and cannot jump your app to the front of the line. Sometimes people seem to think that if you use an agent you are guaranteed a visa or preferential treatment - not so.

Have you thought of doing the app yourself and saving some money - so many people are DIYing. Our apps were not straight forward and we needed a lot of assistance.

Good luck with your decision.

Hello All,

You are correct when you say that using an agent does not guarantee that you will get a visa nor does it provide you with preferential treatment.

BUT

Most people only migrate once in their lives and it is a very stressfull and busy time.

Migrating to Australia is a very complex process and there are many pitfall for the inexperienced.

I agree that you can save money and do it yourself but taking into account the overall cost of migrating the percentage that goes to Agents fee's is quite small.

There are many instances where you could choose to DIY (prepare tax returns, Conveyancing, Wills, even fixing your car or building an extension) but you pay professionals to do it so you can concentrate on what you do best.

My only recommendation would be that if you choose to use an agent ensure that they are registered with The MARA. You can do this by checking here: http://www.themara.com.au/Online/ARSearch.asp?DeptID=140

All the best.

Edited by Riekie

Hi looking for some advice. Has anybody used Migration Experts. They are an Australian agent. If so what was the experience like, any problems. What are the downfalls of using an Ozzie agent as apposed to an agent in SA. Can anybody recommend an agent. I am looking to go on a Skilled Sponsored Visa to Perth.

Thanks Everybody

Greg

Hallo Greg,

Daar is 'n uitstekende immigrasie agent in Brisbane, sy is 'n prokureur voorheen van Suid Afrika, Laetitia de Lima.

Laetitia kom einde Februarie/begin Maart weer SA toe vir afsprake. Om 'n afspraak met haar te reel skakel 0823778875. Sy het groot begrip vir Saners se omstandighede en gaan uit haar pad uit om te help waar moontlik.

Aktief

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Well we used Migrate2oz and wow what a company, after going though another company and loosing 9months of our lives (they forgot to put our english tests in with the application) as our application was declined. We went to Migrate2oz, from day one we had nothing but great service. The staff were all so friendly and so helpful. They lodged our application on the 22nd August 2008, we were granted our PR visas on 31st December, 2008. I have no idea how they did it. Because of our previous experience I think I may have been a bit of a pain when it come to phone calls and emails on how far the process was, but I always got a friendly reply wether it was by email or a phone call. So for all you out there that are still looking at and immigration agent I would really recommend them. Hope your experience works out as good as ours did.

Looking forward to our new adventure

Lindyc