SAAustralia members living in Perth

Cindylou

We land on the 30th of December. Not sure if any of us will have much time considering everything that's likely to be going on but we should all try and meet up some time in January and touch base.

We are family of four, two adults, boy and girl aged 3 (twins). Will do the activation trip in Feb 2014, then make a plan for landing.

My return trip back to Perth is on 31 January, I have been living in Perth for 8.5 years in Padbury, NoR, if anybody hapens to be on the same SAA and needs any help, please PM and I will be happy to help where I can.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, We have been here since 28 dec 2013, so still very green, but loving it! We have two children, aged 4.5 & 3 and live in Aubin Grove, hubby works & I'm at home for now. Where are you based Rikamarie, which Buggles where you going for an interview? There is a new Buggles centre opening down the road from us, perhaps it's the same one? Would like to meet up if anyone is keen?

Hi everyone, We have been here since 28 dec 2013, so still very green, but loving it! We have two children, aged 4.5 & 3 and live in Aubin Grove, hubby works & I'm at home for now. Where are you based Rikamarie, which Buggles where you going for an interview? There is a new Buggles centre opening down the road from us, perhaps it's the same one? Would like to meet up if anyone is keen?

Hi. We are based in Tapping. I went for an interview in Beldon but I accepted a job at Goodstart early learning in Tapping (850m) from our house.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there - I am due to arrive in March - my daughter and grandchidren are staying with family in Yanchep and we need to get started. My grandchildren are 23 and 22years old and are looking for any jobs to start with. Coffee shops, shop assistants etc. Can anyone advise on any websites that are good or should they go door to door? We will also be looking for reasonable rental (about $380 per week) in a reasonable area where we can rely on transport? My daughter is also looking for part time employment - she is a Researcher but is willing to do anything else to get started. I would so appreciate advice on this. I am the gran and we are starting all over again from scratch! I would love to network with any coffee or online groups.

Kind regards

Carol

Hi Aramat

We may have to call on you for some help when we arrive as we are starting out at the bottom - i look forward to meeting up with forum members when I get there and, in turn help and assist others!

Kind regards

Carol

@rikamarie, thanks for the reply and good luck with the new, you must be excited with the new school year starting next week!

@Cranzy, where are you based in Perth? I'm at home at the moment with our toddler so let me know where and when and we can arrange to meet up.

• 5 months later...

Hi All, so amazing to see people offering help. We landed 3 days ago and can not offer any help yet, Just need to sort out a few details like finding a school, a house, a car and jobs... All is good and we stay with friends until our furniture arrives. Then we will help whoever and wherever we can. Family of 5, 2 boys (13 and 16) and a girl (3). Will most probably settle NOR in Duncraig or Woodvale. Will make the call on Tuesday after school visits. Our friends are desperate for us to live SOR, so will be doing the promo tour today.

Watch this space!

Lukester

Hi All, so amazing to see people offering help. We landed 3 days ago and can not offer any help yet, Just need to sort out a few details like finding a school, a house, a car and jobs... All is good and we stay with friends until our furniture arrives. Then we will help whoever and wherever we can. Family of 5, 2 boys (13 and 16) and a girl (3). Will most probably settle NOR in Duncraig or Woodvale. Will make the call on Tuesday after school visits. Our friends are desperate for us to live SOR, so will be doing the promo tour today.

Watch this space!

Lukester

Hi! Welcome! Shout if you need to know anything (really any any thing!). We are NOR in Tapping.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I arrived 3 Aug..been here less than a week and need to make some friends.

I have a short lease in clarkson. Work in wangara.

I will be looking for somewhere to stay (Oct) - reasonably close to work. Have been considering joondalup.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, will be landing in about 6 weeks time!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Busy booking ticket (visa has been granted). Will fly out of SA on 15 September.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

arrived from durbs on the weekend, we have settled in Marmion.

• Like 1

Hi, we are considering packing for perth, and was hoping to get some pointers/tips. Apart from Visa's not sure where else to really start, especially conisdering we will be starting from scratch. My wife (34) my daughter (1.5) and I (39). Any suggestions wortwhile conisdering will be welcome

• Like 1

Other than it being the best decision you will ever make :) ..... What kind of tips are you looking for? It is a very general request.

Next month I would have been here for 6 months. Once my exams are over, I hope to make a long post about my experience and some tips and hints that I found helpful.

Surferman here from NOR. I live waaaay up in Yanchep, been here 5 years come November. Have PR, citizenship due Oct 2015.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is Perth as dead as they say it is? Heard so many people say that the job market is not good in Perth? Is this just the mining sector or all? Would appreciate honest answers from those living in Perth. Thankyou:-)

Have a look on Seek and see how many jobs in your occupation is advertised in Perth compared to other cities. Have a hard look at the roles & responsibilities, because if you were an 'Xyz' in South Africa, the same occupation here may have a few extra requirements, and you may think there are 10 jobs, but in the end you can only apply for 2...

I run a facebook group called Proudly South African in Perth & WA and am always happy to help where i can. Been here for over 2 years now, NOR and love Perth!

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thought I would add my details to this thread seeing as we are now settled in Perth. We have been here for roughly 2 months living SOR in Canning Vale. Absolutely love it. We had made quite a few friends in Melbourne and were sorry we had to leave. Now we have to start our networks all over again. Are there any coffee clubs or groups for the Perth area and anyone interested in getting together? ? Me hubby and my Four year old son. I am also willing to be contacted if anyone needs help. We haven't been here long in Perth but I can advise as best I can.

Edited by Guest