Christian Churches recommended by members

Miss Piggy

Hi AndreMaureen,

We are at Riverview Church in Perth. The main campus is in Burswood, with other campuses in Joondalup and Cockburn Central. There are a large number of South Africans in the church. It has a great Kidz Church as well as Youth Service.

Have a look at their website for more information about the church - http://www.riverviewchurch.com.au

Kind Regards

• 5 months later...

I have found a fantastic church in Brisbane filled with lots of really friendly people and loads of South Africans. It is the Kenmore Baptist church in Kenmore. Within days I was contacted and introduced to lots of people and joined a super group of Mums who get together once a week to go to a different park. My son loves it there and the Sunday School takes toddlers right through to teenagers. They have lots of social activities and you will be made to feel part of the church community very quickly!

We also tried and tested various churches, of which Hillsong in Norwest was one. Eventually we ended up in St Paul's Anglican Church in Castle Hill. They have 2 services in the morning, the 8:00 is a traditional service and the 10:00 is a bit more alive and the one we attend. I really like the whole vibe of the church and the pastors - with heaps of activities for young and old, men and women, boys & girls.

http://www.spch.org.au/

• 2 months later...

As Afrikaanse predikant van Suid Afrika is ek deur die Wesleyan Methodiste van Australia genader om Kerk te plent in die Suide van Adelaide. Ons het 20 Februarie hier aangekom en weet nog nie presies waar ons in die Suidelike voorstede wil kerk plant nie. As daar enige Suid Afrikaners is wat graag verlang na 'n Afrikaanse diens 1 keer per maand, laat weet.

My mail: revkock@gmail.com.

• 1 month later...

we go to Riverview church in Perth, which is a great church.

it is apparently the 7th biggest church in Aus and also has a tv channel

there are 3 campuses/sites - victoria park (main), then cockburn in south and joondalup in north

excellent childcare

• Like 1

In Melbourne, in the east there is Bayside church (similar to Hillsong) and in the west (Hoppers Crossing) there is Destiny Centre. Both have 'connect' groups for you to get involved with people in similar walks of life, e.g. parents with young kids.

-G

• 1 month later...

Hi All!!

I can't seem to find any recommendations for churches in Canberra or surroundings. Any one out there with any recommendations?

Regards

Liggie

Hi Liggie

Try Church of Christ, we are in one in Ballarat and we are very happy there.

Linda

Hi Linda

I had a look at the Church of Christ's website in Canberra and it looks great!

Thank you very much!

Annette

• 2 weeks later...

Any pentecostal churches in Adelaide that soemone can recommend?

We have friends at Coastlands in Adelaide.

This church is part of NCMI.

Edited by deroche
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Try Edge Church in Adelaide 28 Hindley Street, Adelaide - I've heard Danny Guglimucci and Jonathon Fontanarosa preach here in CT and they're brilliant.

In Adelaide, Edwardstown Community Church is really good (it's affiliated with Churches of Christ in South Australia & the Northern Territory). It's a small church (getting somewhere between 40 and 60 people on average attending our 10:00 am service); but amongst our number, we have 3 Afrikaans speaking families (including our Outreach Ministry Leader), all of whom have moved to the Adelaide area within the last 3 or 4 years.

Edited by CatLover74

• 2 years later...

Good morning members living in brisbane cleveland area. Can anyone recommend a church In our area? We were part of Grace family church in umhlanga sa as well as city hill hillcrest and are wanting to become part of a similar family here in cleveland: please send suggestions .

• 2 years later...

If you are in Sunbury, Victoria : then I would suggest Sunbury Baptist Church on Gap Road, Sunday Services at 10am with Echo, Children's Sunday School at the same time.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have found that C3 churches are very nice churches and they are in many parts of Australia, e.g., Canberra, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Tasmania...

• 1 year later...