MEET AND GREET SERVICE IN SYDNEY

kellyporsha

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a Meet and Greeting service available in Sydney NSW . I have found infos from the Immigration South Australia website that they do offer a temporary accommodation to independent skilled migrants who wish to settle permanent in South Australia. Unfortunately, I could not find any infos regarding this offer in Sydney NSW. Don't they offer this services? Does anyone know more about this ?

Thank you in advance.

Kelly

Hello Kelly,

I've only recently joined this forum so don't really know about an official 'meet and greet'. I contacted someone on the forum and he told me about a get together on friday morning in St Ives. Will let you know if I find out more about it.

Where in Sydney do you stay?

Keep well

Sonja

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a Meet and Greeting service available in Sydney NSW . I have found infos from the Immigration South Australia website that they do offer a temporary accommodation to independent skilled migrants who wish to settle permanent in South Australia. Unfortunately, I could not find any infos regarding this offer in Sydney NSW. Don't they offer this services? Does anyone know more about this ?

Thank you in advance.

Kelly

Hello Kelly,

I've only recently joined this forum so don't really know about an official 'meet and greet'. I contacted someone on the forum and he told me about a get together on friday morning in St Ives. Will let you know if I find out more about it.

Where in Sydney do you stay?

Keep well

Sonja

Hello Sonja,

Thank you for your reply. Wished I could be there on Friday but am still in Cape Town. Will arrive with my daughter on the 1st of November in Sydney. Feel a bit nerves to arrive at the airport without knowing one soul. A meet and greet service would have helped me a lot. Will settle at first in the Inner city but later on in the Hills area.

Please let me know if you find out something.

cheers,

Kelly

Hi Kelly

I hope that some of the Sydney people will respond to this thread. Many of us will be arriving in Sydney in the next few months.

I wish you well with your preparations.

cheers

Karen

Hi guys,

I don't know about any 'formal' meet and greet service here in Sydney. As I work full-time, I would probably not be able to meet anyone at the airport, but I can certainly try and answer questions and help point people into the right direction! We (me and hubby) have been in Sydney for almost a year now, so we know most places, etc. Please do not hesitate to ask!!

Best of luck! And don't worry, it seems more scary than it is in the end, just see it as a wonderful adventure :ilikeit:

Hi Kelly

I hope that some of the Sydney people will respond to this thread. Many of us will be arriving in Sydney in the next few months.

I wish you well with your preparations.

cheers

Karen

Thank you Karen. Would be great if we could have a Meet and Greet Service in Sydney in the same way as the Immigration of South Australia offers it to the new arrivals. Hopefully someone on this forum knows more about it.

good luck to you and your family as well.

Kind regards,

I stay in the Sydney area (well, actually about 50km from Sydney CBD), and would love to help new South Africans who arrive. However, to be able to pick you up at the airport means I would need to take a day's leave at work, and spend not only the petrol driving in from about 50km away, but also pay the very expensive airport parking fee. I am sure many others in Sydney are in the same position. Is there any way we can help new arrivals without having to do this?

Hello,

Thank you in advance.

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

We are flying to Sydney on the 19th of October. We booked accommodation at the Old Rectory B&B and they have a special service (for $7 the owner will pick us up from the airport and take us to the B&:ilikeit: which I think is quite nice. So we have no worries organizing transport etc.

But that's about it. I was also looing for quite a while and we decided to take this offer.

Good luck.

Maryke

I stay in the Sydney area (well, actually about 50km from Sydney CBD), and would love to help new South Africans who arrive. However, to be able to pick you up at the airport means I would need to take a day's leave at work, and spend not only the petrol driving in from about 50km away, but also pay the very expensive airport parking fee. I am sure many others in Sydney are in the same position. Is there any way we can help new arrivals without having to do this?

Hello Thys,

Thank you that you consider to help new arrivals. To take of from work is not advisable as you would loose a lot of money. How much does the airport parking fee cost per hour and the petrol? I would not mind to pay for it as long its not more expensive as the taxi. Our accommodation will be in Glebe and I arrive on a Saturday, guess its also for a lot of people a working day in OZ, or?

nice regards,

kelly

Hi Kelly,

My husband and I live in the Hills area and we are also new to the neighbourhood and Sydney. If you want to meet up for coffee once you here let us know. Our email address: alwyntanja@bigpond.com

Good luck and looking forward to hearing from you!

Tanja

Hi there

Many of the regional areas and the states offering regional sponsorship will offer a meet and greet service however the NSW government doesn't. I don't know of any formal service in Sydney but you might find individuals on this site who have meet new arrivals and perhaps some of those people can pay it forward and do the same for future arrivals.

The parking at the airport is flippin expensive and I would recommend hiring a car, or looking for some kind of airport shuttle which cost us $75 for 4 of us 3 years ago. I know my hubby caught a taxi the other day and I think it was $85 to the northshore.

If you need any info on the upper north shore give me a shout otherwise Riekie and Deidre are the Hills experts.

Good Luck

S

Hi Guys

I live about 90km from Sydney so just over 100km from the airport. I drive out to Sydney a couple of times on a weekly basis and am more than happy to take the time to meet up with new arrivals if I am out in the city on your arrival date.

Parking at the airport is expensive, but if you can give details of your arrival times - perhaps I could work out a way to be there as you arrive, and not clock up too many hours for parking expenses.

If you know your arrival date and landing time, PM me and I will let you know if I can meet you and drive you to your destination.

I remember landing with NO accomodation booked, 100kg of luggage, and just my wife an I walking out the airport thinking "What now?". Its a little bit of an empty feeling arriving with no one to greet you - coupled with pure bliss that you have finally done it!

ciao

Ty

Hi Guys

I live about 90km from Sydney so just over 100km from the airport. I drive out to Sydney a couple of times on a weekly basis and am more than happy to take the time to meet up with new arrivals if I am out in the city on your arrival date.

Parking at the airport is expensive, but if you can give details of your arrival times - perhaps I could work out a way to be there as you arrive, and not clock up too many hours for parking expenses.

If you know your arrival date and landing time, PM me and I will let you know if I can meet you and drive you to your destination.

I remember landing with NO accomodation booked, 100kg of luggage, and just my wife an I walking out the airport thinking "What now?". Its a little bit of an empty feeling arriving with no one to greet you - coupled with pure bliss that you have finally done it!

ciao

Ty

Hi Tytan,

That's very kind of you and thank you so much for your offer :whome::ph34r: I searched the net and found A&B Express service. They offer pick up services from the airport and quoted me $50 for two people. Guess, I could not find a cheaper one as the amount seems fairly.

Luckily I found already accomodation but you were really brave. Wonder how you did in the first couple of weeks. I still have it in front of me and been quite nervous lately. As it says what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger. Hahahhaha.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Kelly, if you need a lift PM me, It's no problem as we not going away this weekend, we 15 mins away from the airport.

Ha ha ha - how is this for a coincidence...

I am dropping my brother and sister-in-law off at the airport tomorrow - Nov 1st! On the day you arrive kellyporsha! Perhaps we will unknowingly cross paths :boxing:

Thay are going back for 1 week to attend a wedding....