Adelaide Mount Lofty Botanic Garden Picnic 19 October

simplymark

Hi

Been here 7 months now , and went to the picnic at Belair National Park in March and felt it was really nice to meet other Saffers. :ilikeit: Seems like a good time to get together again for the old and new arrivals.

I feel like the format of the previous meeting, Sunday and 11.00 onwards seem like a good formula again.What do you all think?? :rolleyes::unsure:

The Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens has a pond off the Piccadilly Road entrance and places to sit.

www.environment.sa.gov.au/botanicgardens/mtlofty.html

Just in case you not sure we are, Mark Stockhausen and Julie Rawsthorne :cowboy::jester:

PLEASE DISCUSS AND POST YOUR REPLYS :ilikeit::jester:

Sounds like a fantastic idea!

Alright, Mark.

I'll pencil that in and let any other South Africans / Rhodesians know if and when I come across any.

At least Daylight Saving will be with us from the first Sunday in October this year, instead of the last Sunday in the month, as has been the case since the intro of daylight saving in the early 70s. It puts people in a more "outdoors" frame of mind once daylight saving comes around.

Hi Mark

Great idea and great choice of location. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Name tags etc and some sort of entertainment for the kids may be a good idea. :whome:

Speak to you soon.

Enjoy!

Manny

Ps. Help in drumming up support for the event from "old" hands like Andrea, Annette, Bronwyn, Dax, Marius,"Navigator", Jan Stoof, Betsy, Wilna, Lourens et al and all recent arrivals would be welcome. :ilikeit:

Sound like plan Mark. However, I cannot attend, I leave for Germany on the 19th October to attend a annual conference at our head office. Please post pic of the event and I will spread the word around other Saffers I know.

Hi all

Just the map of the gardens to download. We will meet in the area of no 8 on the map. 2 photos, low quality , but as you can see spring has started to come and these are from the weekend.

If you need more info please contact me at mark.stockhausen@gmail.com

Botanical_Gardens_Mount_Lofty_map.pdf

post-10173-1222240292.jpg

post-10173-1222241678.jpg

Hi Mark

Jan and Annatjie will attend. If I remember correctly, you are the "Soutie" from Durbs that plays with boats?

See you there. Will see who else I can muster.

I'd like to attend too, will let you guys know closer to the date!

2 weeks to go :ilikeit: , don,t forget to remind all you mates :blush: . Look fwd to seeing all of us together :ilikeit: .

'Ps. Help in drumming up support for the event from "old" hands like Andrea, Annette, Bronwyn, Dax, Marius,"Navigator", Jan Stoof, Betsy, Wilna, Lourens et al and all recent arrivals would be welcome. '

We will make a plan to see you all there, I will see if I can get Bronnie to come too (kicking & screaming, if I have too)

:) We'll be there too if I can help it!

Howzit from the Myburgh's

Me and Theresa plus our two kids,Mene and Sune will join you.Four of our friends Luke,Sara,Matthew and Rose will be joining us.

Looking forward to the Braai.

Cheers

Howzit from the Myburgh's

Me and Theresa plus our two kids,Mene and Sune will join you.Four of our friends Luke,Sara,Matthew and Rose will be joining us.

Looking forward to the Braai.

Cheers

Hi Bertus

Just be forewarned that there are no braai facilities :unsure: in the gardens, and that is why I have written picnic :unsure:

Look fwd to meeting you :unsure: and you clan

Mark

:blush: I feel soooo guilty for not visiting the forum lately! :blush: To make up, the Strumhers (Hans, Carina and Michael (8)) will be there. :whome: I would have enjoyed a "braai by die dam, maar nou-ja" the picnic will probably allow more time to mingle :whome: . Will spread the word and "see ya" there.

Hi guys,

Also haven't been on the forum in ages!!! We'll see everyone there and are bring some friends who are visiting from South Africa.