Social groups in J'burg & Sydney

Mike and Nicole

Donne, can i suggest that you start a new post that has a title of the date and the meeting so that people can easily spot it?

Will see you on saturday.

Al

Hi Al ,

I did - put the wrong date though ! :P:unsure: So redid it ! (I don't know how to delete a topic )...anyway ...see you saturday THE 1st of November at the plantpark !! ! :ilikeit::lol:

D.

xx

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Mike,

Our 457 was approved yesterday, we're heading out Sydney too, my wife and I are both 41 and we have 2 boys aged 7 and 6. Would be great to hook up with you guys and celebrate or commiserate. I know what you mean about the nerves, its now become a vasbyt and just get it over with thing for me, I know it will be better there. I've been spending an unusual amount of time with family and friends since we lodged the application, so much so that its raised doubts, is it really all that bad here?

Truth is, the time spent with them IS unusual because they know we're leaving, and if we hang about and get back to the usual, the same feelings of discontent will return for sure.

cheers

Martin

Hi Martin.

Sorry I haven't responded, been hectic s I'm sure you can imagine. We are in the Mondeor area, so no problem what so ever with hooking up for a coffee, a pint etc.

Talking about friends and family, I've noticed some friends hardly contact us nowadays, where as family are calling and chatting all the time. Dunno, maybe it's just me ?. Had a bit of an emotional time taking our Bull Mastiff to his new owners. Never doing that again that's for sure.

Kids seem to be taking everything in their stride. My son can't wait to go, but our daughter starts crying as soon as we start talking about it. Goes with the territory I guess.

Again apologies for not responding sooner.

Cheers for now.

Mike.

Hi Everyone , :)

ALL ARE WELCOME !! The plantpark is in Main road in Bryanston.I think that the nearest intersection would be where the Sandton clinic is , I have attached a number you can call for better directions .

"Plant Park - tel: 011 463 5773 - Bryanston Area. A wheelchair friendly landscaped garden centre, with restaurant and children's recreation facilities" :)

Looking forward to meeting everyone . :ilikeit:

Donné

Hi Donne'.

Great of you to arrange. How did it go ?. How many going to Sydney ?. We're on the Quantus flight on the 1st Jan, any others on there ?.

Hi Martin ,

As I said to Mike ,We are also going to Sydney on the 1st Jan :) ,our children are 13and 16 ,so a bit older ,but we are still happy to meet !

:ilikeit:

regards

Donné

Hi Donne'.

Sorry, meant to ask what visa are you and the family on ?. The reason I ask is that we are on a 457 sub class long stay ( 4yr ), and have heard that we would have to pay 4.5k for each child for schooling. Do you or anyone else out there know if this is true ?......

All the best.

Mike.

Hi there

If you are heading to NSW yes you do need to pay $4500 upfront to the department of education if your children attend public schools. Preschools and Independant Schools (usually religious) you would pay the same as all attending. An independant school costs around $2400 per annum.

If you are heading to Sydney let me know which areas you are looking at and I will try to help. I know tons of people coming over some are leaving on 6 Jan and others on 7 Jan. Anyone heading to Sydney on those dates?

Good Luck

HI M and N ,

In the end :santa: - no - one could make it -I think it is a Joburg thing ! We are all too busy ................. ;)

We are also On the Quantas flight on the 1st - see you there !! :santa:

Donné

Hi Donne'.

Great of you to arrange. How did it go ?. How many going to Sydney ?. We're on the Quantus flight on the 1st Jan, any others on there ?.

Hi Donne'.

Sorry, meant to ask what visa are you and the family on ?. The reason I ask is that we are on a 457 sub class long stay ( 4yr ), and have heard that we would have to pay 4.5k for each child for schooling. Do you or anyone else out there know if this is true ?......

All the best.

Mike.

Hi Mike ,

We are on a permanent visa ,contributory parent ( sub-class 143)

I think that you have to pay about $4500 to the education department on the 457 - so might be a reason to look private schools ?

Donné

HI M and N ,

In the end :glare: - no - one could make it -I think it is a Joburg thing ! We are all too busy ................. :yawn:

We are also On the Quantas flight on the 1st - see you there !! :whome:

Donné

That's a pitty. Not to worry, we'll all be there soon enough.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Martin ,

As I said to Mike ,We are also going to Sydney on the 1st Jan :) ,our children are 13and 16 ,so a bit older ,but we are still happy to meet !

:angry:

regards

Donné

Hi all,

We have arrived in Sydney. All is great !

We are bringing our dirtbikes over from SA. They arrive next month. Is there anyone coming from SA in the Sydney area that has the same kind of interests?

Cheers!

D :)

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

We are new on the site, and planning on going to perth, hopefully before the end of the year.We would love to join the cuffe club dates, can someone please advise us on when there will be one, and where? We stay in randburg.

Thank you so much,

and thank you for a great forum, it is nice to get the info from people there already.

Annelie :censored:

• 7 months later...

Hi,

Also wondering if if there's going to be another coffee meet organised. We're planning on going to Sydney early next year. Please let us know if something gets organised?

Regards,

Dion and Sandy