SA'ers in Wagga Wagga

Michelle M

Hi julle

Ons is dalk binne kort oppad Wagga Wagga toe en sal graag wil weet of daar enige ander SA'ers in Wagga Wagga is. Ons behoort seker so teen January '09 daar te wees en dit sal nice wees as daar iemand is met wie mens darem 'n koppie koffie kan drink.

Baie groete

Michelle

Hi julle

Ons is dalk binne kort oppad Wagga Wagga toe en sal graag wil weet of daar enige ander SA'ers in Wagga Wagga is. Ons behoort seker so teen January '09 daar te wees en dit sal nice wees as daar iemand is met wie mens darem 'n koppie koffie kan drink.

Baie groete

Michelle

Hi Micelle

Ek bly hier in Wagga Wagga en is al hier van February 2006 ons het eers in 'n klein dorpie met die naam Junee gebly vir 'n jaar voor dit, want dit is waar my man werk.

PM my maar as jy enige informasie soek ek kan jou met baie help.

Groete

Edited by KZN Ozzie

• 3 months later...

Well, hubby's telephonic interview tomorrow will be for a job in Wagga Wagga, so who knows, maybe we'll be joining expat Saffers there too in the near future!

Cheers

Andi

Hi julle

Baie groete

Michelle

hi julle

hier is n hele paar sa'ers in newcastle en maitland, ook in singleton.dis nie so ver van Wagga Wagga nie. :lol:

hi julle

hier is n hele paar sa'ers in newcastle en maitland, ook in singleton.dis nie so ver van Wagga Wagga nie. :lol:

Heelwat van ons in Wagga - Erwin Moore is 'n GP daar en daar is ook 'n SA dokter by die hospitaal.

Baie Saffers in Tumut by die papierfabriek - verskeie van hulle bly in wagga en ry deur bv Rick Venter

T

Heelwat van ons in Wagga - Erwin Moore is 'n GP daar en daar is ook 'n SA dokter by die hospitaal.

Baie Saffers in Tumut by die papierfabriek - verskeie van hulle bly in wagga en ry deur bv Rick Venter

T

he vergeet om by te voeg dat daar ook vier RSA GPs in Cootamundra is - net so 30min se ry van Wagga af. Ook heelwat van ons op plase ne ander klein dorpies soos Booroowa en Young - ons kom so nou en dan bymekaar - daar is eersdaags 'n bymekaarkom in Goulburn

T

• 3 weeks later...

Hubby got the written job offer in Wagga Wagga earlier today. Everything looks good, so we have decided to accept the offer. If we get our PCC by mid Jan (6 weeks?) we should have our 457 visa soon thereafter. If all goes well hubby hopes to be able to begin work at the beginning of Feb.

We hope to be able to link-up with other expat Saffers in Wagga and surrounding areas soon after we land.

Until then

Andi

might be in Tumut by May 2009. No written job offer yet, but seems likely after e-mail offer, and phone call offering a job.

Hi Andi And Gunther

We also received our emailed job offer from a company in Wagga today - seems like the whole of SA is going to end up there.

please let me have your email adress so i can contact you as well as all the others that received offers from Wagga.

Michelle :

Would love to hear from you too. Did you accept the offer? Was it what you expected

Was it by any chance a International Beef processing company that sponsored you. and did you get this through an agency - Southern Cross Personel )

I have 4 children - WOuld it be a good environment to bring children up in - Can anyone help with names of schools etc in the area and can any one provide me with a list of towns close by and your opinion of which is the better to live in - taking into consideration, kids. schools, entertainment etc.

What are rentals like there.

Sorry for all these questions but we only have 7 days in which to make our decision and reply.

Thanks

Brenda

I'm glad to see there's quite a few South Africans in Wagga. My family and I will probably be moving to Wagga end of Feb or early March. The company I work for is relocating their business to Wagga. It will be great to meet up with other South Africans in Wagga and surrounding areas.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm glad to see there's quite a few South Africans in Wagga. My family and I will probably be moving to Wagga end of Feb or early March. The company I work for is relocating their business to Wagga. It will be great to meet up with other South Africans in Wagga and surrounding areas.

Well I have been living in Wagga Wagga now for almost 4 years if anybody wants to contact me just send me a PM.

Pauline

Edited by KZN Ozzie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all in Wagga Wagga

It seems like the SA group is growing in Wagga Wagga. I just joined this forum and is also moving to Wagga Wagga as soon as the 457 visa is approved, hopefully by end of Jan mid Feb. Looking forward to meet you all.

Edited by Ooskaap

Hi all in Wagga Wagga

It seems like the SA group is growing in Wagga Wagga. I just joined this forum and is also moving to Wagga Wagga as soon as the 457 visa is approved, hopefully by end of Jan mid Feb. Looking forward to meet you all.

Hi Ooskaap

If you need any info please do not hesitate to PM me. What type of work do you do? Do you have any kids?

Chat soon

Hubby got the written job offer in Wagga Wagga earlier today. Everything looks good, so we have decided to accept the offer. If we get our PCC by mid Jan (6 weeks?) we should have our 457 visa soon thereafter. If all goes well hubby hopes to be able to begin work at the beginning of Feb.

We hope to be able to link-up with other expat Saffers in Wagga and surrounding areas soon after we land.

Until then

Andi

Hi Andi

PM if you need any information. Where are you going to be staying when you arrive? Will like to chat and have a coffee

Hi Andi

PM if you need any information. Where are you going to be staying when you arrive? Will like to chat and have a coffee

Hi!

Thanks SO much, I most certainly will be in touch! We arrive on Wednesday. Gunther's work has arranged for temp accommodation - I have no idea where yet, but will find out on Wednesday. I presume the library has internet facilities? If so I'll access the forum from there to make contact with you.

Best wishes, see you soon.

Andi

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ooskaap

If you need any info please do not hesitate to PM me. What type of work do you do? Do you have any kids?

Chat soon

Hi there

Thank you, as soon as my visa is approved i will be asking a lot of questions. Hope the visa is approved soon.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there everyone. We will be moving to Wagga shortly. Our application for a rental was approved yesterday, will be staying in Forest Hill as it is very close to the airport for work. Just waiting for the company to approve our quote for the move, hopefully my wife and son will be moving to Wagga at the end of February, and I'll follow in April.

Will let you all know as soon as we arrive in Wagga.

Hi there everyone. We will be moving to Wagga shortly. Our application for a rental was approved yesterday, will be staying in Forest Hill as it is very close to the airport for work. Just waiting for the company to approve our quote for the move, hopefully my wife and son will be moving to Wagga at the end of February, and I'll follow in April.

Will let you all know as soon as we arrive in Wagga.

Hey Renier, I see that you are relocating to Wagga Wagga.

Best of luck.

Enjoy!

Manny

Thanks Manny! My wife is still in Adelaide, and I'm in Mangalore, an hour north of Melbourne. Luckily we'll soon be together again in Wagga Wagga.

Edited by Navigator

Thanks Manny! My wife is still in Adelaide, and I'm in Mangalore, an hour north of Melbourne. Luckily we'll soon be together again in Wagga Wagga.

Hey Manny,

Let us know when you arrive in Wagga, we'd love to meet for a beer or a cuppa. Any other Saffers are most welcome to contact us too for a meet-up.

Best wishes

Andi & Gunther

Hey Manny,

Let us know when you arrive in Wagga, we'd love to meet for a beer or a cuppa. Any other Saffers are most welcome to contact us too for a meet-up.

Best wishes

Andi & Gunther

Hi Andi & Gunther

Its' Renier/Navigator that is relocating (from Adelaide) to Wagga Wagga, not me.

Please contact Renier/Navigator as I am sure that he would appreciate the opportunity to get together with you guys for a beer or a cuppa..

Enjoy!

Manny

Ps. Renier, can you contact Andi & Gunther when you arrive in Wagga...

Edited by MannyT

I will definitely let Andi & Gunther know when we arrive in Wagga Wagga. I think it is a good idea for the South Africans in Wagga Wagga to get together at some stage!

Hi Andi & Gunther

Its' Renier/Navigator that is relocating (from Adelaide) to Wagga Wagga, not me.

Please contact Renier/Navigator as I am sure that he would appreciate the opportunity to get together with you guys for a beer or a cuppa..

Enjoy!

Manny

Ps. Renier, can you contact Andi & Gunther when you arrive in Wagga...

Hi again, silly me.. I was trying to multi-task again, and got it all wrong! Hey Renier, yes, do let us know when you arrive, it will be good to get together for a meet-up. We have been in Aus (in Wagga) for 3 weeks, and have (finally) been approved for our first rental. We have been very comfortable, living in Quest Serviced Apartments, an expensive but very convenient alternative while seeking a more permanent place to move into.

Life in Wagga has been good, I am still stuck with the whole internet Café thing, but will soon have my own PC and Internet connection again at which time I will write longer and more informative posts.

Until then

Andi

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

We arrived in Wagga today, 1 year and 1 month after first arriving in Australia. I will still be working in Seymour until end of March, and travelling back and forth to visit the family on weekends. As soon as I'm in Wagga full time, we must organise a little get together for the South Africans in Wagga Wagga.

Hi everyone.

We arrived in Wagga today, 1 year and 1 month after first arriving in Australia. I will still be working in Seymour until end of March, and travelling back and forth to visit the family on weekends. As soon as I'm in Wagga full time, we must organise a little get together for the South Africans in Wagga Wagga.

Hey Renier

I have sent you a pm. Please read it..

Cheers for now and o yes before I forget to say it again WELCOME to Forest Hill. See ya soon.