Documents submitted!

DesertDaisy

Wow, its starting to feel real now... Our documents were couriered off to our agent yesterday afternoon, and he said that he would lodge them and get our reference number to us as soon as possible, and then will contact us about medicals.

Everything is kind of becoming a blur now. We have just 8 days left of life in Abu Dhabi, my house is in chaos, I haven't sold everything I wanted to sell, I have barely begun packing, and well, its just chaotic. I was feeling completely overwhelmed the other day, and spent most of the day in tears. I absolutely HATE moving, and although I am really looking forward to starting our new life in Perth, I am also completely petrified....

We are using up a substantial portion of our savings to pay for the move, and that frightens me too, but we keep on trying to think of it as a "downpayment" on a new life.

Edited by DesertDaisy

DD

Without sounding nosey but what type of things do you still have to sell? Reason for me asking is, my brother in law stays there as well and there might just be something he could be interested in or know someone who might be.

Good luck and thinking of you. Sure glad it's not me.

see ya soon

Lindy-Lee

:ilikeit:

Lindy-Lee, we've sold the big stuff, but its the little bitty things that are the problem. Like the highchair and the stairgate and kitchen things and assorted oddities. Thats why its so difficult to sell! We've donated a pile of things to our local charity shop, but its the small odds and ends that are too valuable to just give away (we'd lose too much money) but that are just not valuable enough to bring with us, or that we have doubles of (having homes on two continents has been a bit odd).

And my frustration levels keep rising. We heard to day that the subdivision my dh works for has failed (after 3 weeks) to submit his resignation to GHQ, which means no one has done anything about preparing his final paypacket or signing off the millions of pieces of paper.... The UAE loves red tape even more than SA, and its going to take about 2 to 3 weeks for everything to get done. But my dh only has 5 days left of work. Plus Ramadan is around the corner, and that just slows everything down a 100fold as well.

AARRGHHHHHHHHHH

Oh DD,

Wish I could just give you a great big hug :rolleyes: Our last days in SA were just as frantic. I worked until the day we left town. Left right from work and never even said goodbye to my house. We had to leave a lot of stuff behind, I don't even know what happened to it. We spent all our life savings just to get here. I am sometimes sad about my stuff I left behind, but I am never sad that I made the move. It is worth every cent, and every irritation and frustration. It is much easier living off bread and water when you are feeling safe! Not that we had to live off bread and water since we got here, the worst we had was not being able to buy Hungry Jacks for two weeks!

Just hang in there, and take each day as it comes. Not long, then we will be having a coffee in Perth, and laughing about everything. Keep the goal in mind.

Greetings,

Dreamy