Employer Sponsor PR application

Rialet

I have a couple of questions and would appreciate any assistance in order to get all the paperwork ready before we lodge our ENS PR visa application:

I am currently on a 457 Visa and my employer has indicated that they will sponsor our PR. We need to obtain police clearance certificates from SA and although we have managed to get a contact that would be able to expedite this, he has moved onto another division. I would appreciate any other contacts someone floating on his forum might have on obtaining these certificates quicker than the norm.

Secondly - I have to get my qualifications certificates translated as I need to send them off to VETASSESS for recognition purposes (kan dit natuurlik self doen, maar dit sal obviously aanvaar word nie) and to get a registered Translator to do this would costs around $80!!!!!!! Any suggestions on this that would be a bit more cost effective? I was even thinking of phoning Tukkies and requesting them to re-issue my Degree certificate in English and then my brother in law that will be visiting us within 2 weeks can bring it with - probably a very optomistic thought I suppose?

Would appreciate any comments, directions etc!!!!!

Cheers

Rialet

I was even thinking of phoning Tukkies and requesting them to re-issue my Degree certificate in English and then my brother in law that will be visiting us within 2 weeks can bring it with - probably a very optomistic thought I suppose?

Would appreciate any comments, directions etc!!!!!

Cheers

Rialet

Not so optomistic Rialet. When I requested a re-issue of my certificates from Tuks towards the end of 2004 they got them ready within 3 days! Hope their service is still at that level. If you need help to get them to Brisbane please shout. We plan to be there on 2 October.

Edited by JJV

Hi Rialet,

JJV is correct. Although you completed your studies in Afrikaans, Tukkies can just do a language change and all certificates can then be printed in English.

(It obviously depends when you studied, but if they offered your Afrikaans course in English at the time of your studies, I don’t see why they would not be able to change the language). My dad however completed his studies years back and Potchefstoom University could only supply us with documents in Afrikaans.

Customer Services’ at Tukkies can be emailed at csc@up.ac.za

If I remember correctly, I paid R100 for two sets of academic records and 2 sets for the degree certificates.

Good luck!

Pippa!

JJV and Pippa - thanks so much for the advice!!!! I completed my degree in 1991 - surely that will not be too long ago :ilikeit:

Cheers

Rialet