457 Applicants

Hi everyone,

A little progress so we are holding tuhmbs like crazy.

Our medicals was sent to Sydney on 26/05/2008, our official visa application was lodged 20/06/2008.

All the paperwork was done from our side, the DIAC kept on requesting medicals. Apparently there was a huge back log at the medical center so the waiting game was one.

21/06/2008 medicals finalised - eventually, so hang in there it seems they are moving just very slowly.

Now we are waiting waiting waiting, my computer automatically goes to the DIAC website in the mornings - almost as if it is on autopilot.

This is the worst part for me so far, waiting for all the documents and standing in ques for applications is nothing compared to this. I can't breath, eat or sleep, this is a nightmare.

But we have faith so we will try and stay calm and WAIT.

Rene

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FIrabbit

• Olkabolka

• somarie

• Johnny & Rene

I know what you are going through, we are also waiting patiently, spoke with our agent this morning, and still no news. Its sad to see other people's visa's get approved in just two weeks, why can't mine be too :unsure::cry: . Its been a month and it still says, meds finalised. :(

20th June 457 lodged

20th June Meds & X - rays done

25th June meds received

26th June meds finlised

Still waiting...............

Edited by oliviac

I don't think I want to read this forum anymore:(

Everytime I see Andrea's name I get this nervous, burning feeling in my ears and now I see there are a number of other ppl also waiting that long.

I used to love biltong, but have also given up red meat for the last couple of months. However, if I have to wait 50 days I may end up killing something more than a small animal!!

Holding thumbs for myself and all of you!

D

justD

Sorry, you are seeing my name again, I freaked out today and sent an email to perth business unit asking if they had received all our medicals as I noticed that only one showed up on our application progress page.

I just got a generic email back, here are a few of the generated paragraphs.

If you have provided document(s) or information in relation to an

application, your email will be forwarded to your case

officer or the business centre or centre of excellence processing your

application.

If you do not hear from us for a while, do not be concerned. You will be

contacted by your case officer about any additional

information or document(s) that are required in order to make a decision

on your application.

Processing times are currently 3 months from receipt of full and complete

applications. We are attempting to finalise

the cases as quickly as we can.

Q. My application exceeds the current processing time what can I do?

A. We will not provide progress reports within our current processing

times.

If your application has not been finalised within the advertised processing

times, please contact our office at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx we will examine

the reasons for the delay and advise you of an estimated finalisation

date.

So guys, you can't really do anything until your application goes over that time, I just want to say that it is very rare for it to go over that time, you can see the average processing times for 75% of 457's on the service charter section of the DIAC site.

I just want to add that I checked our page and it says further information received 23/07/2008 so I think that is the query I just sent, everything seems to be computer generated and automated.

Guess I better hunker down and wait some more.........

Someone mentioned somewhere that you had 28 days to give your CO all the relevant documents as requested for your application. My husband is unable to do the chest xray until he comes back from abroad and this will be over the 28 days, I did contact the case worker and inform her and she said that it would not be a problem as she knows there is a hold up at home affairs with unabridged certs. However I read on the forum that people were making quite a big thing about the 28 day time frame. I am pleased to say that Mrs Aucamp at Home Affairs has already got my unabridged birth cert and said she would process hubby and child today. This after I applied for them on the 17th! Not bad. :lol:

Someone mentioned somewhere that you had 28 days to give your CO all the relevant documents as requested for your application. My husband is unable to do the chest xray until he comes back from abroad and this will be over the 28 days, I did contact the case worker and inform her and she said that it would not be a problem as she knows there is a hold up at home affairs with unabridged certs. However I read on the forum that people were making quite a big thing about the 28 day time frame. I am pleased to say that Mrs Aucamp at Home Affairs has already got my unabridged birth cert and said she would process hubby and child today. This after I applied for them on the 17th! Not bad. :ilikeit:

What? you don't have your unabridged birth certificate yet? Where have you been?

Just kidding. I seriously need to kill something now... :ilikeit:

Day 49 people, day 49.

Biltongboer your meds look a step ahead of mine, as a confirmed vegetarian for 14 years, I shan't advocate the killing of innocent animals but understand a mans need for biltong!

Get yourself a snotblock instead.

The Noltes

Unfortunately it seems to be the meds that are holding us all back, 33 days for the Dr to review ours!

Ciska

If the pressure gets too great, either ask the agent for the tracking number or use the contact the department form and using the main applicants date of birth and passport number tell them you have forgotten your tracking number.

I believe that some 457 applications are pooled, meaning that say 3 co's share a pile of applications and go through them as and when they can.

I look at that little contact the department link with much longing........don't think I can last much longer.....

Took you advice and send a request for the tracking number on departments website. The next morning they replied to my request and I when to check out what is happing to the application.

Message 23/07/2008 - Futher medical results received. This was good news as someone was working on it.

This morning I went in to have a look again and the message said 24/07/2008 - VISA APPROVED. Completly stunned ! What NOW!!!!

How can this be as the meds was delivered to them on 15 Jul? Have not heard anything from the agent that is handeling my application. Can I get excited or is there more steps in this process?

Hey Ciska

Looks to me like you should take it as you read it

VISA APPROVED!

Congratulations.

Do a double check by clicking on the entitlements part at the bottom of the page, your visa number should be there and work restrictions. i.e only working for the sponsoring company, I think the number is 6108 or something.

A grant letter will have been emailed to your agent, it is morning now in Australia so I would expect they will forward your mail today.

Well done.

Andrea L

Congrats Ciska,

Looks like you're on your way!!

This morning my status also changed to "further medicals received". So if I can go on your timeline, hoepfully my visa will be approved by Monday... I REALLY hope.

Anyway, congrats and enjoy the packing...

Hi Guys

I checked our progress this morning and the medicals still didn't show up, then I checked again at Noon and guess what?

Applicant approved visa grant date 25/7/2008

52 days.

I keep checking to make sure it is true as the agent still hasn't mailed yet, I think I will mail him and give him the good news

Andrea L

Guys and gals,

There is something bothering me regarding my status update. (apart from the fact that it doesn't change to "VISA APPROVED")

All the persons on my application have "Health requirements finalised", except "person 2", which is my youngest daughter. Her application status still says: "01/07/2008 Further medical results received"

Could this just be because someone is too lazy to fill in all the applicant's details, or is there really a problem?

Anyone have any comments regarding this? Have you noticed some emissions on this online status thingy?

Edited by Biltongboer

Guys and gals,

There is something bothering me regarding my status update. (apart from the fact that it doesn't change to "VISA APPROVED")

All the persons on my application have "Health requirements finalised", except "person 2", which is my youngest daughter. Her application status still says: "01/07/2008 Further medical results received"

Could this just be because someone is too lazy to fill in all the applicant's details, or is there really a problem?

Anyone have any comments regarding this? Have you noticed some emissions on this online status thingy?

Hi Biltongboer

Don't stress

This morning when I checked only my daughters meds were finalised,it also said further medical results received for her too, the other 3 of us had no mention of medicals even being received, then when I checked at lunch time everything had changed to Applicant approved, still no mention of our meds being finalised but we are approved.

The agent hasn't mailed us because he doesn't even know, I phoned his office in Brisbane and he is off sick and his secretary told me that the visa grant emails get automatically generated during the night, so he will only find out on Monday.

Hang tough, it is coming, listen for fairies.

Andrea L

:whome: dont stresss :ph34r: dont stresss :holy: dont stresss :blink: dont stresss :blink: dont stresss :blink: dont stresss :blink: dont stresss :blink: dont stresss :blink: dont stresss :blink: dont stresss :blink: dont stresss :blink: dont stresss :blink:

Hi Guys

I checked our progress this morning and the medicals still didn't show up, then I checked again at Noon and guess what?

Applicant approved visa grant date 25/7/2008

52 days.

I keep checking to make sure it is true as the agent still hasn't mailed yet, I think I will mail him and give him the good news

Andrea L

Confirmed with letter from agent this morning. Looks like this week will end on a good note for us!!!

[]congratulation to all lucky ones this week, and vasbyt bb...all things come to those who wait..ha ha..pity i coudnt take my own advice..i was drinking about ten litres of coffee each day

Edited by lyall

• 3 weeks later...

Good news today!

We are on the MODL list

History as follows

Submit visa application docs to employers agent for submission; 19/6/08

Meds arrive DIAC/HOC: 4/7/08

Application lodged by agent: 15/7/08

Follow up meds requested by DIAC/HOC on one applicant; 17/7/08

Follow up Meds arrive DIAC/HOC: 4/8/08

Visa approved status on web: 13/8/08!

There is hope!

MBS

Hi San

Our medicals were also finalised 17 July 2008. My husband still needs to do IELTS exam 6 September. I suppose after they receive results visa will be granted.

Well we already sent in our IELTS results with the application, (not that it was required, we just had it already for the 176)

Edited to add...

Luckily you got a date so soon, hope all goes well, the IELTS isn't difficult at all. What job does your DH do that they wanted the IELTS?

Edited by San

We submitted skills assessments, IELTS etc with the application which was marked 'decision ready' by agents.

Only medicals were required additionally.

From receipt of final medicals after follow ups were requested it took 9 days to be approved. (We were on MODL list as nmentioned - don't know if this helps)

Good luck.

Regards

MBS

help....dammit......I need help. Meds finalised on 07/08/08......and nothing since then :lol:

"They are coming to take me away..aha...aha.....They are coming to take me away"

Hi San

He is a hydraulic fitter. If it wasn't for the IELTS test I think he would have had his Visa already.