457 Applicants

i am so pleased that you guys got your visas...at least we know that they are still working there...although andrea and i know the reasons for our delays its still so frustrating...

i sold my car on friday and cried the whole day.

i bought my car three years ago and worked lots of overtime to pay it off within 18 months. i drove all over the country by my self with it and sometimes even slept in it when there were problems finding accomodation..

we sold our house, all our furniture we gave to family members, and i was fine with this, but my car...its like ive lost a limb or something...

anyway, now i need the visa to cheer me up!

andrea, i agreee this week will be the week!!! husband and i are going to get absolutely drunk that day....that is after i book the airtickets...

keep going everyone...

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FIrabbit

• Olkabolka

• somarie

• Johnny & Rene

Yes we were lucky!! Just vasbyt you will get good news shortly.

Thanks for all the wishes, good luck!!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks alot guys - yes very lucky with VISA and house got sold yesterday - so everything is just falling into place. Vasbyt to all that are waiting for VISA's i'm sure you'll hear soon.

Jax

WOW JAX

you sure were lucky to sell your house so fast...thats great!! we sold ours at the end of last year cause we had friends who are agents and they advised to sell as soonas the prime rate started climbing. we never made much profit but at least we never lost anything!

when are you expecting to leave?

Edited by lyall

OKAY, NOW FOR THE NEWS OF THE CENTURY...

DRUM ROLL, FANFARE...

OUR VISA WAS GRANTED THIS MORNING!!!!

I will never be able to go back to sleep now..agent phoned from Australia this morning at one....I think the whole family is awake by now..

Edited by lyall

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm really happy for all of you that have recently had visas granted!

AJay

DRUM ROLL, FANFARE...

I will never be able to go back to sleep now..agent phoned from Australia this morning at one....I think the whole family is awake by now..

Super Congratulations Lyall

Finally it has all come together for you, not without plenty of drama, but I am so happy for you.

Now for my daily whinge.

I phoned DIAC yesterday and spoke to a really nice guy and explained that we had a request for the meds on June 19th and it says you have 28 days from the email to provide the info and that HSA in Perth still have not processed our meds which were done on 12 June!

The very nice guy put me through to processing in Perth and a very nice lady pulled up our application, she said that she wasn't sure which one of 3 co's was working on our application but would put a big flag on the file so next time it was opened they would see our meds were done on June 12.

I am hoping that this will help.

Thing is that is now 32 days since HSA got the meds, DIAC can grant your visa in days, seems to me HSA as service providers just aren't doing it.

So now we are on day 42( 6 weeks) of a 457 lodged on-line in Australia!

So don't ever assume things always get done quicker this side.

Once again congratulations to the lucky recipients this week.

Andrea L

Congrats Lyall. I'm so excited for you.

And a big congrats to all the others that got it this week too.

Hi all

I just wanted to drop in and say CONGRATULATIONS to all those who've recently been granted their 457 visas - good luck with the rest of your plans and hopefully, we'll see you in Oz someday (when they decide to grant our pr)!!!

RoMar

Hi all,

Just thought I'd give an idea of our timeline:

Application lodged 1 April 2008 - Melbourne office (even though we're going to Perth, don't ask why, I don't know....)

DIAC in Sydney have already been in possession of our meds for the PR, we sent an email with the TRN no in week 2 of application (approx 14 April) to say that the PR meds and 457 meds will be the same set.

20 April message on DIAC (approx) website to say "Application been processed further"

25 April message to say meds finalised.

Deafening silence for 8 weeks.......

Granted on 1st day of 12th week, 18 June.

So good luck guys - it's a long wait, but worth it in the end.

I originally thought we'd be really lucky regarding 457 grant, and have it done in 4 weeks. Nope - no luck. Full 12 weeks, Melbourne office.

Hope that helps someone out there!!!

Regards,

L

Hi Legalbuff

Thanks for your time line, I wonder why such a long period with nothing.

Just goes to show yet again, there is no standard time line for a 457, anything between 2 days and 12 weeks!

Just an aside, I wonder if the company you are going to has more than one branch, perhaps the head office is in Melbourne and that is why you had to lodge there?

I feel a bit of a baby for complaining at 6 weeks, but as this is our third time I am pretty familiar with the different things that can affect your grant and often that it is just a case of luck of the draw.

My own time lines are 8 weeks, 27 days and 42 days and counting.

I don't think being on the MODL or being in Australia has any bearing, I think it is simply a matter of which processing centre you go to, how big their case file and how many case officers they have.

I am going to kidnap a case officer and feed him/ her red wine until they confess all the inside secrets to processing 457's then I will post it all on this forum......... joking.

hey andrea, we should have done that long time ago..

Congrats Lyall!!! :huh::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

how stressful....our passports have gone with VFS...i feel like my security blankie has gone...what if they get lost?

they have said it takes five days to come back!!! FIVE DAYS???? This seems too long especialy as we delivered them to their offices...cant risk any more couriers with my precious passports!!

how stressful....our passports have gone with VFS...i feel like my security blankie has gone...what if they get lost?

they have said it takes five days to come back!!! FIVE DAYS???? This seems too long especialy as we delivered them to their offices...cant risk any more couriers with my precious passports!!

Ours came back no problem.... i was also worried

Hi all

I have just phoned HSA again and they say our meds have been finalised and entered onto the system, I am hoping and praying that we will have a grant tomorrow or Friday( hubby's birthday)

Please keep all fingers and toes crossed.

FRUSTRATION ! ! ! ! !

We had all the paperwork done, only held out with the medicals as long as possible.

Eventually the sponsor let us know the attorney handling the sponsor wants to lodge our application we must do medicals.

We did medicals on 21 May 2008, this was sent to Sydney on 28 May 2008.

Our online application was lodged 20 June 2008 by the attorney. When checking on the DIAC website on 23 June 2008 with the TRN all was well except for the medicals they requested. We immediatally informed the attorney that the medicals have been sent to Sydney on 28 May 2008. The agreed to follow up and inform the DIAC accordingly.

So guess what up to date the medicals still show outstanding on the DIAC website. We send e-mails just about everyday and the attorney on 4 July 2008 confirmed that the medicals is indeed in Sydney. The attorney apparently don't understand our english, all we want to know is why it takes so long for the medicals to get from Sydney to Canberra or where ever they need to go.

By now the attorney informed us that they are doing everything possible to finalise our application and if we are not happy with the effort they are putting in we can take the matter further with the higher authority. Of course being South African we know how to grovle because we know that if we don't do this they might chuck our file back to the bottom of the pile.

So today we found out that apparently there is a huge back log at the medical center in Sydney and that our medicals haven't been reviewed yet. At last a reason why our 457 hasn't been approved yet. Hope that this won't be a problem as the time since we have done our medicals up to date has been a bit long.

This doesn't help the Clark's at all we want our visa and we want to move.

DRUM ROLL, FANFARE...

Hey Lyall,

Congrats!! You must be delighted! :lol:

zorba

:lol:

Johnny and Rene

I sympathise with you, unfortunately it does seem that there are backlogs with medicals at certain centres.

Our sat in Perth in an in box for 4 weeks before finally landing on the reviewing Doctors desk early in the week.

I just think there must be so many more visa applicants if the health units are experiencing such backlogs.

Good luck

Check my time-line.

Andrea L

Hello all

I honestly thought DIAC were planning a nice surprise and were going to grant our 457 on hubby's birthday, 18th July, but it just didn't happen!

We are on day 48 now and the only thing that has changed is that my daughters health results have been finalised, I don't know what is happening with the rest of us, for those people who recently got grants, what message should I be looking for next to know that we are just about ready to get a grant?

Application Status

Application 457 Business Long Stay Primary - xxxxxxxxx

03/06/2008 Application received - processing commenced Message

03/06/2008 Application fee received Message

19/06/2008 Application being processed further Message

View your receipt details

Person 1 Date of birth: 18 July 19xx Passport No xxxxxxxx

03/06/2008 Bridging visa granted Message

19/06/2008 Further information required Message

Person 2 Date of birth: 28 August 19xx

Person 3 Date of birth: 7 February 200x

Person 4 Date of birth: 29 January 199x

17/07/2008 Health requirements finalised Message

16/07/2008 Further medical results received Message

Here is my status update:

Application 457 Business Long Stay Primary - XXX

16/06/2008 Application received - processing commenced

16/06/2008 Application fee received

02/07/2008 Application being processed further

View your receipt details

Person 1 Date of birth: xx Passport No: xxxx

21/07/2008 Health requirements finalised

01/07/2008 Further medical results received

Person 2 Date of birth: xxx

16/06/2008 Health requirements outstanding

Person 3 Date of birth: xxx

02/07/2008 Health requirements finalised

Person 4 Date of birth: xxx

02/07/2008 Health requirements finalised

Person 5 Date of birth: xxx

21/07/2008 Health requirements finalised

I can't take the pressure anymore. I am beyond stressed. I need to kill an innocent animal and make biltong... :ilikeit:

Well, we have been in this state of limbo since I started the interview process with two Australian companies back in April. Eventually, after lots of back and forth, I was offered both positions within the same week (in June). It took another 2 weeks to get the offical Offer of Employment letter signed, and then the 457 Visa Application Process started. So much paperwork required!!

Our 457 Visa was eventually lodged in Sydney on the 18th July. Our medical records are still on the way. Unfortunately, one cannot really start finalising things until the Visa is approved. What makes our situation worse is that the company that have employed me want me to be in Sydney within 10 days after the 457 Visa is approved! My poor wife is going to have to stay on and wrap-up the final loose ends.

Hoping that the visa will be granted soon.

Application was logged 11 July. No word yet, the agent reponse :"Please note that we do not receive ongoing updates from the Department in relation to individual cases due to the high turnover of such applications. As such, we are unfortunately unable to provide ongoing status reports upon your application during the standard processing period. -Did they not receive the tracing number when application was logged?

At the office I found out when my notice was placed on the board there are more than 5 of us !!!!! Management thinks there is a conspiricy. :blush: We gather every morning for coffee outside and then have a good giggle , at least we not crying yet, but the tension is showing as one has left to NZ on Friday.

If we only knew if their filing is done in date order or do they add new applications on top!!!!! :)

Day 49 people, day 49.

Biltongboer your meds look a step ahead of mine, as a confirmed vegetarian for 14 years, I shan't advocate the killing of innocent animals but understand a mans need for biltong!

Get yourself a snotblock instead.

The Noltes

Unfortunately it seems to be the meds that are holding us all back, 33 days for the Dr to review ours!

Ciska

If the pressure gets too great, either ask the agent for the tracking number or use the contact the department form and using the main applicants date of birth and passport number tell them you have forgotten your tracking number.

I believe that some 457 applications are pooled, meaning that say 3 co's share a pile of applications and go through them as and when they can.

I look at that little contact the department link with much longing........don't think I can last much longer.....