OK....now what?

Jacobus

Hi

I need some advice and to vent a bit.

As I have mentioned before, we got a sponsorship to go to Melbourne and I need to start 11 September 2006.

All our paperwork has been done and dusted and the sponsor spoke to the case officer yesterday to confirm that everything was in order.

She confirmed that all was good and she just needed to send us an email confirming that the visa was approved.

When the sponsor phoned her again today to see when she will send the email, they were told she was on leave and would only be back next week Wednesday and we must wait for her return. :o:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

When they asked if there was anybody else who could just send us the approval notice the response was NO :angry::angry::angry:

So now we have to wait until the ;) case officer gets back from leave............

We cant book flights :( .....we cant book accommodation..... :(

My last working day is tomorrow.....so I have to sit around without pay because the :ilikeit: case officer is on leave.....

My whole life is on hold............. :(:(

Any suggestions?

I know exactly how you feel, the same thing happened to us. We just had to wait until the 'beeeeep' got back. Very frustrating. Unfortunately you are just one of thousands of cases they are working on and they just leave everything they are dealing with when they go on leave, even if they are in the middle of something, and no-one takes over the case, it is just put on hold.

All you can do is grab a beer and put your feet up for a week and try not to get more stressed about it.

Hi Jack, (start practising)

I can understand your frustrations. Just remember that there is no-one to take over the case officer's job, because they have an extreme shortage of personnel. And that is exactly why people like you and me get the opportunity to come to this wonderful country! Here they have rules and regulations and they stick to them, which is a novelty to us. It takes some getting used to. :ilikeit:

Just hang in there, It will be over before you know it. In the meantime, use your 'free time' to enjoy the last few days in SA. Listen to music, watch TV and visit with all your friends and family. Good luck!

Greetings, ;)

Dreamy