letter of acknowledgement from DIMIA

Ons het verlede week ons Skilled Independant 136 Offshore ge-lodge. Ek wil nou net weet hoe lank vat dit voor mens bewyse kry dat jy betaal het? Ek gee binne 2maande geboorte en het nie privaat medies nie so n Medicare kaartjie sal baie handig wees. :holy:

Hi Shawny, dankie vir die link maar dit lyk vir my is n riglyn vir hoe lank die Prosessing van die hele application gaan vat. Ek wil net weet wanneer ek kan verwag om n brief te kry wat se hulle het die application en betaling ontvang want dan kan ek aansoek doen vir n Medicare kaartjie.

Processing of your application will usually commence within seven (7) working days of the department receiving your application.

Hi zana, ek dink na 7 dae sal jy eers iets kan verwag. Die boostaande is uit dieselfde bladsy aangehaal.

Swangerskap is altyd 'n geldige verskoning vir blonde oomblikke!!! :holy:

Hi Zana,

My understanding was that one could only apply for your Medicare Card when a PR visa (136 in your case) has been issued. (???) :holy::):ilikeit:

Can someone please clarify?

Pippa

:angry:

Hi Pippa, that was my understanding also, until I did some further investigation and some fellow forumites confirmed it :holy:

Yup its true all you need is a receipt that state that you have paid and lodged your application and off you go to the medicare offices to apply for a one year temp card (with all the usual benefits of a Medicare card).

Your application for PR does not need to be "approved" yet for you to receive a medicare card. As long as you can proof that you paid and lodged you can get medicare.

:)

Hi Zana,

Wow! What a great benefit! :P I honestly did not know it!

Good luck with your pregnancy and hope you receive that letter soon!

Enjoy Saturday’s braai in Sydney!

Greetings,

Pippa

Hallo Zana

If you do not get your Receipt within 2 weeks from the DIMIA, you have to phone them to send you one. They won't mind if you do this, especially if it is for Medicare Benefits. There is a "back-lock" with the NSW PR applications and it may take several weeks before they send your Receipt or appoint a Case Officer.

Regards

Madelein

Linda, dit is beslis waar :P maar wat is die verskoning na die swangerskap? Te min slaap ;)

Madelein, I will def. contact them after 2weeks (almost there) Good to know they wont mind as I hope to get the letter sooner rather than later :P

Hi Tj, waneer het julle ge-lodge?

Ek het toe die ASPC en DIMIA gebel vir my ou receipt maar hulle se hulle kan niks doen tot hulle by my aansoek uitkom nie en het dit nog nie op rekord nie :ilikeit: Aai nou wag hoop en bid ons maar ne.. :whome: