Application for 457 visa

Dedrei

Our application for 457 went in on 02/02/2006. Anybody else also waiting for approval?

Can't wait. Our meds are booked for this Friday.

Our application for 457 went in on 02/02/2006. Anybody else also waiting for approval?

Can't wait. Our meds are booked for this Friday.

Our application was approved 4 days after they acknowleged our medicals so hang in there. It took a week for the medicals to be sent to Aus so my guess is 2 weeks time you should have your approval. Pack your bags

Edited by sa2auz

Ok we went for our medicals (xrays) - took all in all only 45mins. The xray itself was very quick - you just stand close to a very cold slab and then bob's your uncle your done.

My question now is where do we send these medicals to now? The doctors doesn't courier it himself, seems we have to. Do we send the xrays themselves with that envelope thingy that has your papers in?

Also there was a question on the medical - have you lodge an application already and at which office. How do I know which office this would be? Hubby's employer is doing the 457 visa app themselves. I have all the ref # with DIMIA so I can look up our app online.

Any ideas?

Hi Dedrie,

Get in touch with hubby's employer for this info. The X-Rays should be couriered back to the DIMIA office stated on the documenation - our kids both had to get medicals, so the doctor sent the docs back to the right place himself. If you are unsure, get hubby's company involved - after all, they have a strong interest in making this go as smoothly as possible!

• 2 weeks later...

:P:D:D I AM SO HAPPY!! :D:D:D

Our medicals arrived safe and sound in Sydney. Looked on the EVisa this morning and there it was. We sent if off on Thursday, 16/2/2006, and it arrived this morning, Tuesday 21/2/2006 in Sydney. So there you have it. :)

I will definitely recommend the Speed Services Couriers from the Post Office. They are very efficient and you can track your package online and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. :(