BUSINESS BROKERS SCREWED YOU?

Umhlanga

I have been warned that we have to be very carefull when you buy a new business in Oz. There is apparently a lot of brokers trying to make a quick buck out of desperate SA immigrants relocating. Any bad experienses or things to look out for? Can anybody reccomend a good broker on the Sunshine Coast?

Regards

Hi Umhlanga,

We have exact same worries but unfortunately,those who rip others off are not just isolated in Aus but are also in SA ,UK etc etc. If you look on the internet there are plenty of Business brokers in QLD but my gut tells me to steer clear of those.Any agent worth his salt will not be on a general website search engine but will be called something obscure.We did an LSD to Sunshine Coast last year and on a reccommendation from word of mouth,we set up an appointment with a company called Supertrec.They do not buy or sell anything under $500k and they thouroughly investigate their clients with a fine tooth comb (buyers and sellers).If memory serves,there wesite address is www.supertrac.com the directors name is Tony Brown a very straight talking dood.They are based in Maroochydore at the Big Top Centre.

What line of business are you looking for and are you doing the 163 state sponsored (business) ?

Good Luck

Shirls

Shirls,we have only started now, but I want to avoid the temp visa and go for the 132 Business Talent Permanent Visa. In the process of getting liquid with these high interest and petrol and and...

We are also interested in the Sunshine Coast. I am "skilled" in SA but not in Oz, so I am going to try something new! Anything but a 8-5 office job!

Good luck! :)

Hi

Depending on the size of the business you are interrested in and if you intent to move to Perth, I may be able to help.

I offer an business exit planning service for business sellers and business acquisition planning service for buyers. This way you can be sure you pay a fair price.

While my business strategy is aimed at private buyers and sellers, I also work with 3 brokers here in Perth that I have an association with.

I also have an association with an accounting firm that can do an independant due-dilligence for you!

You can PM me.

Regards

ottg

• 10 months later...
Hi

Depending on the size of the business you are interrested in and if you intent to move to Perth, I may be able to help.

I offer an business exit planning service for business sellers and business acquisition planning service for buyers. This way you can be sure you pay a fair price.

While my business strategy is aimed at private buyers and sellers, I also work with 3 brokers here in Perth that I have an association with.

I also have an association with an accounting firm that can do an independant due-dilligence for you!

You can PM me.

Regards

ottg

Ottg

I have a friend who wants to buy a business in Australia as a visa option. I am doing a bit of research for him.

Other friends who bought a business told me part of the value was pitched as 2 years of salary for the ex owner

So it was stock value, turn over, intellectual property and then this on top. They just refused to pay this. Is this common?

My friend is looking at the high technology arena.

Umhlanga, I love the "skilled" in SA but not Au :ilikeit: My first thought was car jacking or cash in transit heists :ilikeit:

By this you mean you have experience but not papers to back it up? This is my friends problem as well