ADVICE

Gina- AG

My husband is looking at buying into a franchise. Currently he is looking at opening in Perth. At A$450,000.00 I am very nervous.

I would like to know if there are any franchised businesses that out of experience, someone can recommend.

And, is anyone has any horror stories, please let me know.

Hi Gina

As we are still far from going over to Aus, I cannot give you any advice.

I just want to know: why do you want to hear the horror stories? Good to get recommendations, but do remember that horror stories most often come from wrong management etc., which you don't have to be guilty of. :ilikeit:

I suppose you(he) have experience in own business? I believe the principles are much the same, wherever/whatever business. Best of luck. :ilikeit: (I know it is a lot of money! Maybe I am just being clever watching from the outside. :D Although this might be the raod we eventually take as well...) ;)

Newcomer

My husband has been running his business for 7 years. I joined him about a year and a half ago. We have a lot of confidence in starting any business here - but after our trip to Australia 2 weeks ago, we found the retail setups to be very different.

We also had a full day consult with a company doing franchisee selection for franchises, and from what he said the shopping patterns etc are very different from here.

The horror stories are purely to know what we should stay away from eg. we found out that one of the franchises we were looking at is in a bit of trouble - this from the lady who activated our bank account. This info was verified by the consultant we saw. But in all our research on this side, everything looked great. VERY WORRYING!!