New from P.E

Non

Hi there to you all!

I notice there are not many from P.E.??? My husband and I have started with our application and are waiting for our police clearance cert and on the 10 May hubby is writing his Eng test in C.T.

Since reading this site I see it is possible to write in PE?

Luckily I can send this as we have been without elect since Friday. Thank goodness for generators!!

Anyone els from PE who will be writing their Eng test shortly.???

hi non

Welcome to the forum! Happy reading,

Leigh

Hi Leigh

Thanks! Soo glad to see others are in the same boat as us!!! Not an easy decision to make......! Also went to the Oz expo in Cape Town in April. Quite an eye opener!

All the paperwork and waiting involved is killing..........!!

Non

Hi Non

We've written the test already and we are from East London. Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. Good luck with your process.

Prieska

Hi Non

We've written the test already and we are from East London. Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. Good luck with your process.

Prieska

Hi Prieska

Lucky you! Hope it went well!!

Non

• 2 months later...
Hi there to you all!

I notice there are not many from P.E.??? My husband and I have started with our application and are waiting for our police clearance cert and on the 10 May hubby is writing his Eng test in C.T.

Since reading this site I see it is possible to write in PE?

Luckily I can send this as we have been without elect since Friday. Thank goodness for generators!!

Anyone els from PE who will be writing their Eng test shortly.???

HI there

We will be writing in August? How was your Ielts? We need to write the General.

Esther

Just wanted to say hi and welcome. We are from EL but have lived in JHB for 10 years. Are now on our way to Oz. Good lcuk with the process.

Al

HI there

We will be writing in August? How was your Ielts? We need to write the General.

Esther

Hi Esther

Hubby wrote on 10 May and passed. Also wrote the general. He says one must listen very, very carefully to the instructions before you start. One poor girl wrote her answers in her book as told but forgot to write them again onto an answer sheet. She asked for a minute to transfer the answers but was refused.

Good Luck!

Non

• 3 years later...

Hi

Welcome to the PE forum.I did my whole IELTS test in pencil for mistakes as one can just rub out again.

Good luck with your app.Keep us posted :)

Edited by lloyd

Welcome to the Forum!

There are so many helpful people on this forum, that I'm sure all your questions will be answered.

We're from PE also and have been in Aus now for 13 months. Lots of ups and downs, but oh boy, what a ride!!!!!

Good luck with everything and I hope your dream of moving to Aus will be realised sooner than you hope.

Have a good one!

Nicci

I am formerly from PE and Living in Perth.

Life is good and I wish you every success with the process. When times get tough just remember it will all be worthwhile in the end.

Good luck.

Hi

Welcome to the PE forum.I did my whole IELTS test in pencil for mistakes as one can just rub out again.

Good luck with your app.Keep us posted :)

Hey Lloyd and others - also from PE but don't know if you guys noticed this thread is from mid 2008?? Might be a bit late for a welcome ;)

Hey Lloyd and others - also from PE but don't know if you guys noticed this thread is from mid 2008?? Might be a bit late for a welcome ;)

No!!!!!!! Now I feel lekker doff hey!!! blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

No!!!!!!! Now I feel lekker doff hey!!! blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

LOL! No worries. Us PE people do seem to take a while to pick up on things ;)

Oh well, us PE people are so friendly we even look for people from the distant past to welcome! (We do sometimes live in another era tho) Even if the original post is an old one: Howzit fellow Port Elizabethans!!!! :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

• 1 month later...

Good one :P

Hi lloyd

See you are from PE! Which agent did you use and are they good?

I am not sure where to start with all the requirements.....also applying for a 175 visa.

Regards

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Start with all of your unabridged certificates and skills assessments. I think that in order to provide you with more advice you will need to tell us a little more about yourself. Have you had a skills assessment? What occupation are you applying under? Have you had a look at the points test? What documents do you have at the moment?

Regards

Heine

Hi Wendy,

Start with all of your unabridged certificates and skills assessments. I think that in order to provide you with more advice you will need to tell us a little more about yourself. Have you had a skills assessment? What occupation are you applying under? Have you had a look at the points test? What documents do you have at the moment?

Regards

Heine

Hi Heine

Thanks for the reply! I am busy trying to sell my holiday house in Bushmans River and hope that it will sell this season. The market is very quiet there and not much movement during the year. I am a financial advisor/planner and yes, i have enough points to move. I have most documents already. Not sure what is meant by a skills assessment document, as i have work evidence and qualifications. (degree at UPE). I will apply for a 175 and it seems that the easiest way is online. I have the website for the English test. Have you moved as yet Heine? Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

wendy

Hi Wendy,

Please follow up on the skills assessment. Even though you have South African qualifications and local work experience, you will need a skills assessment BEFORE you lodge your 175 visa online. This means that your qualifications and experience must be recognized by the applicable assessing authority. When you look at the skilled occupation list (and your occupation should be on schedule 1 if you wish to apply for a skilled independent 175) you will see who the applicable assessing authority is. You will need to contact them and follow their procedure in order to get a skills assessment. This could take a number of weeks. Without a skills assessment that pre-dates your application your visa will automatically be denied.

We applied for a 175 visa in July and are still waiting for a case officer. We hope to have one early in the new year.

Regards

Heine

Hi Wendy,

Heine is right about the skills assessment. Find out as much info as you can about it and start the process ASAP. Just make sure that you lodge your application before the !st of July next year. DIAC is introducing new policies and it's going to be even tougher than it is now. ALl the best to you.