NAATI Exam

Hi All,

I applied for PR as Skilled Independent and under subclass 136 last December and I have just received notification that the 5 points that I claimed for French ( I studied French) will not be granted. My choices are Capital Investment of 100K AUD$ or writing the NAATI exam.

As far as I can see it is not offered in SA so I wanted to know if anyone has written it for any other language? The closest testing location is Kenya at the moment and I am weighing expending more money or just changing the subclass I applied under. I have so far 115 points.

Must the capital investment be made way before going and does it include buying property?

Does anyone know if changing the sub-class is allowed and if so does it constitute a new application?

My last resort is to attempt to be re-assessed to a code on the MODL list but could that depend on the whims of the authorising body body to get an additional 15 points.

I am hoping I am not the only one facing this dilemma!

many thanks

P.

Must the capital investment be made way before going and does it include buying property?

Hi Preeta

This link courtesy of BE should provide an answer for you re the capital investment.

Sorry, can't help with the rest.

Edited by JJV