Biker: Vrooom vrooooom

Biker

Appologies to the powers... didn't know I was suppose to introduce myself here first. :ph34r:

Name is Hannes. Single W.... Male. (ek maggie daai W woord se nie)

OZ will be my 4th Country to live in.

I'm leaving cause I don't deal well with incompetence. And I'm too W.... for my job. (there is that W word again)

Family all in Namibia, so one thing less to worry about.

Anything else, just ask. :blush:

Well, welcome to you Biker, may your application go Vrooming well!

:thumbdown: Welcome to the forum, Hannes! :unsure:

Well, it sounds like you are ready to leave, how far is your application?

Destination?

Happy reading around the forum, the place we all hang out to keep us sane until that grant letter comes and by that time you've made a lot of new friends and keep hanging around!

:blush: Maria

Destination Sydney.... or maybe Melbourne. Not sure yet.

Gits, as jy vlerke aansit gaan jy binnekort vlieg? :ilikeit:

Welkom Biker hoop jy het sommer lekker saam sports op die forum.

Leboerseun.

Ooo dit lyk baie lekker :blush:

Bye

Edited by Gummy Bear

Ja dit is baie lekker. Die KTM is my verjaarsdag geskenk van my vrou af. Ek moet hom verkoop voor ons oor gaan :blush:

Cornelis le Grange

post-7468-1206109910.jpg

Hi

Nounet gelees KTM het nou racing bikes ook. As ek hulle die pic stuur gaan hulle een van die dae spesialiseer in mini-vlieende-voorwerpe.

Jy het rerig cool vrou wat jou bike gee. 11/10 vir haar.

Ek het ook 2 bikes wat ek van ontslae sal moet raak.

Hi Biker,

And welcome to the forum! Although I see that you have been so busy, your are just about overtaking me in activity! Good on you, nonetheless.

I see that you are from my sister's neighbourhood. She is, effectively, the only family I have, and she does not want to go to Aus. Maybe I must have you give her a nice talk :rolleyes: She can't listen to her big sister, so maybe someone else will get it right! Only kidding...

Cheers,

TereMel

I've been certified with forum diarrhea :ilikeit:

Hi Biker en Leboerseun;

Hoop julle survive dit om van julle bikes ontslae te raak, my man moet syne ook verkoop en sy hart is al kla seer, :whome: en ons het nog 'n rukkie om te gaan voor ons op die vliegtuig kan klim.

As ek geweet het hoe om pics te upload sou ek syne bygesit het, dis mos vir julle soos 'n boks chocolates vir kinders.

Wel sterkte met die afskeid neem wanneer julle dit doen.

Drive Safely .

Chrystal-Moon

dis mos vir julle soos 'n boks chocolates vir kinders.

Oorle' oom Jan Spies sou gese het: So 'n bek moet jam kry!

Hello and welcome, fellow biker. :ilikeit:

I will probably be getting rid of mine too, which will be one of the toughest things to leave behind. I have it in my blood, and not just on weekends. I commute to work too, rain or shine, every day, going on 17 years now. I suppose I will adjust, but I'm going to miss it terribly.

No matter how rough a day I've had, bombing home on my bike can still have me grinning in my helmet like an idiot. It's one of the few things I have never got tired of.

I wish you all the best with your application and the move.

Mark

Same here, I use it every day for work and back. And very true, I never ever felt 'stuck' in traffic.

When I'm in the office at 16:00 and all hell broke loose and the heavens open, everyone is like, shame, you gonna get wet going home.

And I am like, Oh really? Poor you gonna be stuck in traffic plus double the time to get home. Me on the other hand grinning all the way home and took me 5 minutes longer than usual and dry as bone!

I have 2 babies. You recon it will be half as difficult to part?

I'm definately buying a beemer when I get there.

[Hi Biker

Ek en my man is altwee bikers en huil al klaar oor die bikes hier moet bly. Ons sal defnitief die rallys baie mis!!

Hey,

Once a biker, always a biker!

I bet you my bottom dollar (can't afford any other dollars yet) you will pretty soon buy bikes over there and never look back.

Hey, you're right there Biker. I reckon the urge will win out and a new bike will have to be purchased over there. :ilikeit:

I was maintaining two bikes at one point and sold the one eventually. It was not at all easy to let it go, despite the rational reasoning (less maintenance cost, more garage space, etc). My wife, who doesn't care for them, was the one telling me that it was a mistake, that I should keep both of them. She knows me better than I know myself. :ilikeit:

I hear you on the rain issue. I have the same situation and outlook. After years of working with the same people, and coming in on rainy days, bone dry (rain suits do work), whenever it rains I still get "What are going to do? It's raining!"

It's the same in winter, with all the "You must get really cold!" comments. I find that, with your gear on, you're good. I tell people it's only when I arrive at my destination and get off the bike, removing my gear, that I get cold, the same as they do. They never seem to believe that. People comment on how nice the heated grips on my GS must be, but the truth is that they're often too warm for me. The gloves and guards that keep the wind off my hands are enough for me in our winters.

I would love to ride the Great Ocean Road one day, stopping along the way to sit and reflect on the fact that I'm in Australia, riding my bike on a nice day, along such a famous route. A coffee or some refreshment at Bell's Beach is in order on such a trip, as well as in Apollo Bay. I have done the trip in a car, and it was lovely. The ocean constantly in view won't hurt either! It's good to have dreams. :unsure:

Hi Biker en die ander bikers

Ek is ook een, maar ek gaan alles probeer om myne saam te vat. (BMWR1200GS)

Wat is die rede dat jul julle sin hier los?

Is dit so duur om dit saam te vat en of is die herregistrasie meer van 'n probleem?

Het gelees daar is geen import tax op 'n motorfiets nie, slegs BTW wat ek dink 12% is op die waarde van die motorfiets.

My fiets is in my besigheid se naam, en ek gaan hom vir cheap verkoop aan myself, verliese vir SARS skep in my besigheid :unsure: en dan drop die waarde van my bike wanneer ek die BTW in Aus moet betaal.

Gerhard

Ek weet nie wat die invoer van bike behels nie. Ek het nog nie 'n 1200 GS/GSA nie, het oorweeg om een hier te koop, maar eers daar te registreer. Maar ek sal maar eerder nuwe een daar koop vir waarborge etc.

Maar as jy een kan vat, ek sou dit in jou geval dalk oorweeg. My 2 bikes is altwee 1990 modelle. Is nooit hier verkoop nie, maar snaaks genoeg is destyds amptelik in OZ verkoop.

Ek sal nog as ek in OZ is die wereld platry. 'n Week afvat en ry van Syndey na Perth via Alice Springs. Ek moet net eers blikgat erens kry, want myne is al klaar middeldeur gesit van ry tussen Jhb en Windhoek, Jhb na Kaapstad en Whk na CT.

Nou praat jy biker.

Ek wil ook Aus plat ry, noord,suid,oos,wes kus toer, en dan Tasmania te toer.

My vriend gaan NZ toe, en ek wil saam met hom daar ook gaan toer.

My meisie se sy sal ook vir haar 'n bike kry, of saam met my ry wanneer ons in Aus bly, sy sien nie nou kans in SA met al die gevaarlike drywers wat ons het nie.

Kan nie wag nie.

JG ek weet nie of dit die moeite werd is om jou bike in te voer nie - behalwe as jy redelike ernstige sentimentele waarde aan die bike heg nie - is dit nie die moeite werd nie ek sou se...daar is dinge wat mens moet doen soos bv jou bike moet getoets word om te comply aan jou staat se emissions en noise goeters etc en elke keer is dit bucks bucks bucks...

'n Ou wat saam met ons groepie ry het vir hom sy R1150RT ingevoer, omdat

1). hy sentimenteel oor sy bike was

2). nie seker was wat hier was en of hy dit sou kon bekostig nie

Maar laas keer toe ons gepraat het het dit geklink asof hy jammer was dat hy sy geld so "gemors" het...

*shrugs*

My 2c's worth