Durbanville: Coffee Club, 17 May 2008

Tsunabi

Gavin & Talitha

Baie dankie vir 'n heerlike aand. Ons het dit werklik geniet. Dit was goed om gesigte by al die name te sit.

Groete

Marcel & Enè en Anton & Rina

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tsunabi

• tennantrodney

• Alida

• Christina

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Talita and Gavin

Also want to say thank you for a lovely evening. It was wonderful to also meet people who are in the same position as we are. Thank you for all the trouble you took, especially for the children. It is much appreciated.

Regards

Christina

Hi julle,

Baie dankie vir almal van julle... en veral vir Gavin en Talitha. Ons het dit baie geniet... ons moet weer so maak voor die 15e Oktober (andersins in Aus :) )

Anton, Zelda, Mariska en Wihan.

Hi julle

Dit was regtig 'n baie lekker aand. Baie dankie Talita.

Ek sien regtig uit na 'n volgende keer.

Groete

Lynette & Alex (groentjie)

Hi daar,

Talita en Gavin wil net se baie dankie vir die lekker aand. Het dit baie geniet om almal te leer ken alhoewel ons nie by almal uitgekom het nie.

Dankie vir al julle moeite.

Bruce, Maryke en Michael

:ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Yes Lion King, we have the GoodLife down here in the Cape and then..... we move to Oz for some more so weeee :ilikeit:

Spit braai???? Now thats just not fair!!!

Yup - and the meat was FANTASTIC!!! It was soooo tender and yummy!

Ah man - sorry we couldn't make it. Sounds like it was blast!

Looking forward to the next one, further down the line :blink:

Leigh

hmmm wonder whats going to happen at the JHB 24th May one? any spit braaing happening there?

Ah man - sorry we couldn't make it. Sounds like it was blast!

Looking forward to the next one, further down the line :ilikeit:

Leigh

Hey Lmc, my wife and I are also writing 14th June - see u there! by the way, have you heard where the venue and what time it is?

Cheers !Rodney and Carmen

It was so nice to meet everybody at the braai on Saturday. It is always a bit difficult when you have decided to leave and people in your day to day life have such different views - it was nice to mingle with people who feel similarly. One thing surprised me was that there were hardly any moans - most of us feel sad leaving to a degree but i heard nobody trash SA which is great. Just looking forward to a new life in AUS. One thing was weird for me - meeting people that have their visas and are still here - due to circumstances beyond their control- i think if it was possible and they had them in their pockets, i would have pick pocketed their visas and driven straight to the airport! I hate this feeling of being in limbo - i just want to get on a plane get settled and get on with my life. Patience is not my strength! Thanks to Tsunabi and Kango - was great!

Hi Rodney -

yup you're sooo right ! Haven't thought about it, but now that you mention it. There was this enthusiastic, happy, 'looking forward to... ' atmosphere. Nobody complaining, nobody accusing. I have to say, I absolutely admire our people's ability to keep the head high, to still see the future, no matter how much the world wants to crush us. Wherever we are pushed down, we pop up somewhere else !

Viva you great bunch of survivors !

(hehehe, we could start our own real life survivor show - just film South Africa)

PS: And we have a joke ready - that's a part I love dearly !

Edited by Alida

Hi Rodney -

yup you're sooo right ! Haven't thought about it, but now that you mention it. There was this enthusiastic, happy, 'looking forward to... ' atmosphere. Nobody complaining, nobody accusing. I have to say, I absolutely admire our people's ability to keep the head high, to still see the future, no matter how much the world wants to crush us. Wherever we are pushed down, we pop up somewhere else !

Viva you great bunch of survivors !

(hehehe, we could start our own real life survivor show - just film South Africa)

PS: And we have a joke ready - that's a part I love dearly !

Hey Alida,

Ja what do they say if you don't laugh u cry! Dunno if we are positive or just plain stubborn people! This is a walk in the park for you Afrikaans guys though - when i think of your forefathers pushing those freaking ox wagons over the mountains! I reckon if even their descendants start leaving, then maybe it was time to go a long while back. :-)

By the way check out the home i am dreaming of building in Aus - not too pricey - under $AUD500 000 and not a burglar bar in site! - Of course given all the glass one can't just walk around in your underjocks , but that is a sacrifice that i am willing to make:

http://www.burbankhomes.com.au/homes_detail.php?house_id=95

Anyway, cheers for now!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody, sorry this took so long!

:blush:

post-10621-1212318376.jpg

post-10621-1212318417.jpg

post-10621-1212318431.jpg

post-10621-1212318444.jpg

post-10621-1212318461.jpg

post-10621-1212318474.jpg

post-10621-1212318491.jpg

post-10621-1212318503.jpg

post-10621-1212318522.jpg

post-10621-1212318534.jpg

post-10621-1212318546.jpg

post-10621-1212318560.jpg

post-10621-1212318573.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics! It must have been early in the evening cos Gavin was smiling - before we tore his house apart. :ilikeit: I have been really feeling miserable. Fighting with Home Affairs to get my unabridged certificate. Waiting for assessment. Waiting waiting waiting. And work is so busy. I think the big thing for me is that I find once I have decided to move on - be it a house or whatever, I want to move on. My heart is just not in work anymore - things are going really well, but even when our little company lands a big deal as it did recently, I still almost couldn't care... I think I need a beer.... Cheers Guys! Thanks again for that van der Merwes!

Just got notice that our State sponsorship has been approved!!!!!!!!! Yipppeeeeeeeeeee! 1 step closer. :boxing:

This is really an emotional roller coaster!

Hey CONGRATULATIONS!!!

So exciting! :blink:

:unsure:

Leigh

Thanks a lot! Maybe see you on Saturday at UCT - IELTS - we are writing at 9 and Sunday orals at Valkenberg at 13h20.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

Hello all

We have just joined this forum ( although for 5 months now we have been on another forum ).

We are in the process of migrating to Australia ( we are based in Cape Town ) and have come a long way - stitting at just under 52 % of the way there now. Have done our IELTS etc . We are doing this for the future of our 2 young children

Would love to meet up with all you guys and to help and or offer support were needed. We all need to stick together on this - as we are all in the same boat .

regards

Jurgs & Lits

Hmmm, welcome, welcome !! Maybe the Durbanville Coffee Club should meet again ... Tsunabi ... ??? KangoSA ???

• 6 months later...

Hey All :magic:

Well this maybe is not the correct section to place this but was wondering how all that attended our get together in May 08 are doing and how far along the line the isa apps are for you guys.

We are still patiently waiting....I see they have got to CSL....so here hoping for a CO by end May 2009

Please let us know how all are doing, would really be great

God Bless

Talita and Gavin :magic:

• 3 weeks later...
Hey All B)

Well this maybe is not the correct section to place this but was wondering how all that attended our get together in May 08 are doing and how far along the line the isa apps are for you guys.

We are still patiently waiting....I see they have got to CSL....so here hoping for a CO by end May 2009

Please let us know how all are doing, would really be great

God Bless

Talita and Gavin :ilikeit:

Hey Talita and Gavin,

Good to see a post from you. We are as well as can be. Still waiting....... cannot believe I haven't gone nuts yet. I really am finding it frustrating. I have asked our agent to find out and they have mailed DIAC and are still... yes, waiting! I had a telephone interview last week and they are supposed to have let me know by today or tomorrow, so I am ....waiting. May last year seems years ago hey? I also thought that our other app (475) would have a CO by now, but nothing. Dead Silence. We sold our house, I have sold out my part of the business and am now taking a breather for a couple of months till we go. Basically, locked and loaded ready to board the plane, the minute the visa is granted. My brother is also waiting. hopes to have CO by May as well. Sorry -I know I am venting. Having a really bad day. Don't want to be motivated or cheered up or encouraged. Just want my damn visa to get the hell out of Dodge. :-)!

How have you guys been?

Cheers!

Rodney