Any other visa option?

Miss Piggy

Ek gaan in engels skryf sodat almal verstaan, but please bear with my tenses and spelling! :whome:

As some of you have read on the forum, my brother-in-law and my sus would love to come and stay in Oz. The unfortunate thing is that the immigration agent has told them that they don't have enough points for the visa and the only way they will be able to come is if he can manage to get employer sponsorship. The problem with this is every employer that he has contacted says that they only employ people that has PR or a visa. :blush: They are REALLY dissappointed and don't know what to do next. Any suggestions? I was wondering if I will be able to sponsor them (2 adults and 2 children) when my PR has been approved, but I don't think it is?

Any help will be great.

Thx

What does your brother in law do for a living?

What does your brother in law do for a living?

He is a Quality controller in agriculture. If you look under employment wanted section you will see the his letter there.

Hi Helga

Don't give up hope - depending on your personal circumstances you could be able to sponsor and be the assurer for your family; however, if you can't qualify for the assurance aspect then you can still sponsor them and find someone who would be prepared to give the AOS - the assurer does not have to be a family member.

Also there are loads of people living in Aus who managed to go over on the Employer Sponsored scheme - many of them by putting themselves out there like he has. Another idea - although expensive is for him to plan a holiday and try and set up as many job interviews as possible while he's in Aus. I've also heard of people who've been able to do it that way.

Good luck

Cindylou

I think that is the letter I replied to earlier. If he is prepared to work in the Riverina, his case can be like mine - I got the job, employer applied for my nomination (approved after 2 weeks), I got my application info together (2 months - bleddie Nuwe Suid-Afrika en all), I lodge RSMS application (within 2 weeks they let me know to send on my original police clearance, and within days of them receiving it I get PR), under 4 weeks later I get me PR and 3 weeks later I land here.

To sum it up - Send my CV off 1st November 2005, land in Sydney 10th of March 2006.

Only condition - I have to stay here 2 years, but I signed on for four years anyway, and after I've lived here since March, I know I'll probably retire here.

Edited by otto

Dankie julle

Otto, ek het sy CV gemail na die agente in Griffith. Hoop om vinnig 'n antwoord te kry.

Het vandag met my sussie gesels en hulle is maar mismoedig. Hulle gaan Maandag 'n agent sien wat R400 per afspraak vra. Ek hoop net sy sal hulle kan help, maar ek dit klink vir my bietjie "fishy". Sal vlg week hoor wat sy vir hulle gese het.