First Entry Visa and Visa Approval

Hi to everbody!

I wonder if any of you are able to clarify 2 issues for me. We have applied to migrate under Subclass 138. In order to earn 5 bonus points, we were required to lodge a bond of $100,000. We have been told that this is the final step in the application process (we have done the medicals, english tests, etc). If any of you have found yourselves at this step/stage - how long after you lodged the bond, did you receive visa approvals or any further news?

Also, our understanding is that once the visa's have been granted, we are required to make an entry visit into Australia within the first two years and relocate within 5 years. Is this correct?

We would appreciate any input and sharing of personal experiences!

Many thanks, Lee

Hi Lee

Welcome to the forum. One of our members recently qualified on 136 but also had to lodge a bond. Hopefully she can shed some light on the timing.

Regards

Cindylou

Guest Jules

Hi Lee <_<

Welcome to the forum! Have you been asked to lodge the bond yet? We also went that route and got our approval about 10 days after they received the medicals. It turned out they didn't ask us to lodge the bond at all even though we needed those 5 points to make the pass mark. I would guess that they would grant the visa as soon as they have received confirmation that the bond has been lodged.

Hope this helps

Julie

Hi Lee

I notice that you posted basically the same question in the Foyer

Please have a look there at the validation answer link. With regard to the timeline since submission of the final documents - roughly one month to visa grant.

Hi Lee.

Sorry guys, I have not been here for a while. My life is HECTIC!! We moved out of our home last week Thursday - Magna collected... laaaang trane!!! I finish work (the other home) after exactly 10 years of service next week Friday. More laaaaang trane!! The plan is to be on the plane mid August.

(Cindylou - thanks for the PM)

Lee, we instructed Nedbank last week Thursday to transfer the money to the WA treasury corp. I emailed our case officer and you have to love it... she is on leave this week. Anyway, I will contact her on Monday and I will keep you updated. She said she would grant the visa straight away. So far she kept all her promises. I can only book the tickets out of here once i have it so lets hope all goes according to plan.

I have noticed a trend of around 10 days. However, some poor person in the UK waited 8 weeks.

As far as I know they take the date of your police clearance / medical (whichever one is the earliest) and give you exactly one year from that date to validate the visa. You then have 5 years to settle.

I am going to have loads of question about live in Perth so you will be seeing me more often!!

Lee, I will keep you updated.....

Thanks

Es

x