TRA application to start

Hi

Anybody out there still busy with their TRA app or have done theirs already?

We are about to start with this whole process and just so scared we don't give enough info. Got reference letters from all previous employers for hubby (motor mechanic) detailling duties etc. So most of the hard work is done already, I think... :ilikeit:

Anybody out there willing to provide some guidance and support during our app? :angry:

It would be really :lol: if someone could

Guest colton

This one could be a little tricky, it is the one thing we kinda battled with. My hubby is in electrical so both TRA's are a little similiar. Basically you have to put down everything he has physically done, a tip is to write it as if you are explaining to a lay person who has never done anything mechanical before.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do okay.

TRA (total rectal adventure :ilikeit: ) can be quite a crowd to deal with. Make sure that you list EVERYTHING that you have EVER worked on (tools etc). They can be very anal when it comes to questioning your qualifications. Even after submitting a few kilos worth of papers supporting my application (electrician), they still decided that I had to sit a trade assessment as they did not like my South African trade papers! I can't say that this happens to everyone, but be prepared. I did their damned test and now have a Australian trade paper to add to my CV :lol: .

Just keep at them and don't let the buggers get you down!

Edited by Mike

Hallo Dedrei..ek en my man moes ons TRA gedoen kry en ek het absoluut alles wat ek aan kon dink bygevoeg. Ek het ook kopiee van die masjienerie waarmee ons gewerk het saamgestuur.

Ek het my TRA-goed opgestel in n punte vorm, nie opstel nie, sodat hulle dadelik kon sien waarmee ek gewerk het en watse werk ek gedoen het. Dit spaar tyd want dan lys jy alles. Maar ja hulle is anal en ek het al gehoor van veral elektrisiens wat dit oor en oor moet doen. PM of MSn as jy hulp benodig.

Voorspoed....

Guest Jules

Hi Dedrei,

I'm busy sorting out stuff here for our move and I came across our migration file. I still have a lot of the info my hubby used for his motor mechanic TRA application and a rough copy of the application form we used. This was done in 2002 though, I don't know if the forms have changed much since then. I'll have a look at the updated application form online and I can send you what I still have of his one if you like.

Hope this helps

Love

Julie <_<

<_< Jules, you're an angel :)

Any info you can provide would be so much appreciated!!!

Can't wait to meet you. :ilikeit:

TRA checklist B)

1) completed applicatin form

2) 2 passport fotos

3) Certified copy of passport AND full birth certificate

4) Certified copies of work references for all companies you have worked for. References need to be fully detailed according to the ASCO code description.

5) Fully detailed CV- duties in accordance with reference letters.

6) Fully detailed explanation for yourself confirming your career, including information for the time that you commenced your studies to the present.

7) Reference letters from work colleagues and clients confirming your duties.

8) If you are unable to provide reference letters from some of the companies, then you would need to provide some sort of proof that you worked there (payslip/ letter of appointment) and an affidavit containing the following : The name of the company, the dates during which you were employed, your duties, explanation as to why you are unable to obtain a lette from the company, a commisioner of oath stamp and signature.

Hope this hels, if you need more I can send you samples of ours. :o

With all this ours went through with no trouble.

oops sorry forgot.

All qualifications, apprenticeship ect with their respective syllabus and or transcrips.