"contributing Visa"

Koen

Hi all,

I can't find it on the site search function so had to start this thread. I am looking for information about something called a "contributing Visa" I believe it's a 2-year visa and you have to put down a deposit or something like that. Is there a thread anyone can direct me to? Also is there an official site, government or not that explains all the various visas?

You might find this interesting. So many South Africans are climbing up the wall to get out of there at the moment, think it's the Zuma/Escom/crime debacle, that it's almost impossible to get hold of the Australian consulate, they are snowed, flooded and swamped-in with enquiries. I was asked to find this info for someone not being able to get hold of the consulate. So I would appreciate any help I can pass on. Thanx guys,

Regards

Koen

Edited by Koen

As far as I know DIAC changed the rules in Sep 2007, you can no longer get extra points by making a payment. The only exeption is for people who want to retire there, they can contribute R360000 but at least 50% of their children must be in Aus on a PR.

As far as I know DIAC changed the rules in Sep 2007, you can no longer get extra points by making a payment. The only exeption is for people who want to retire there, they can contribute R360000 but at least 50% of their children must be in Aus on a PR.

Yes that is exactly what I am refering to. Where do i find out about this on the internet. She is an elderly lady who wants to join her daughter and son living there. Something about a two year visa plus payment. I need to know if anyone can tell me where this information can be found on an offical Australian gove web site.

Thanks Pretorius

Hi Pretorius,

Have a look at this website : www.immi.gov.au

The visa that you're looking for is called the Contributary Parent Visa.

Good luck!

Linda

Hi Koen

I think you are looking for the 804 visa (contributory parent). Be warned it is costly. I looked into this for my Mom. There are cheaper options, but there is a long waiting list for these (years). Presently there is no waiting list for the contributory visa.

MandyC

Thanx Linda and Mandy.

Yes I think it must be visa 808, I will look into this one, thanks for the link.

So many parents must go over, I wonder how they mostly do this?

In this instance it's a bit tricky as her son and his family are still in the process of going over ( they are so bloody unorganised shame man), so she only has her daughter there at present, but after he gets there then that will be 50% of her family. Is it advisable to start applying no matter? As I assume the wait can be quite long. The son keeps telling her she should go first as it would make it easier for them blah blah, I dont believe this for one second.

The other thing I was wondering, just aside, some parents desperate to get out of SA, couldn't they just say their whole family is there? I mean how would anyone know the difference? Home affairs department in SA is in such a mess, no-one even knows if your passport is even real or not anymore, sigh. I know, I had to get three verifications from the embassy when I needed a work visa for the states, it was only for five months, but what a performance. The consulate general in the country I was working at the time ended up writing them a personal note, I felt like a fugitive LOL.

Anyway I will look into this. So it is 300 000+ Ronds? Am I correct? Does anyone know how long it takes, and when do you actually have to pay the sum, before, on, during, after application, or only on acceptance or arrival?

And what are the other ways. Is age taken into consideration? Surely if the parent is very old they wouldn't make them wait years and years? I mean if she sold her house so she could pay and only then did they turn her down that would be a disaster? Just for example.

This is a mercy mission, she has been burgled at least twenty times, and her husband just died. It's just a miracle that she is still alive. She no longer even has a car left, they took it, and to top it all off the insurance company is now giving her grief, saying the insurance is in her recently deceased husbands name so they refused to pay out. Terrible what one has to go through in your mid seventies. Just terrible, they even shot her deceased husbands dog, the poor woman my heart bleeds. Her daughter is trying to help but neither has internet and calls are so expensive e.t.c. The internet service is so bad in their area that it would be useless anyway. They keep stealing the cables, I kid you not!!!!!!

Im a sucker for old people, shame, anything I can do I am happy to do.

Thanks again

Koen

I just looked up the site. OMG it's incredibly complicated knowing what's potting there. I have no idea which application form to print out for her, there are at least a dozen "contributing parent/aged vias" to choose from, all with sub clauses and clauses amendments and what not, I am not even sure who is meant to be doing the application, the daughter or the mother? Heeeeeeelp

I feel with so many possibilities there must be something for her, hectic though it is. Not sure if it's the 804 she needs. Some appear not to require the lump sum payment of 300 000rands? She is in her seventies.

Looking forward to hearing how you'all got your aged parent/s there. Whats the point in the "temporary contributing aged parent visa" I wonder?

Koen

No it appears unchanged. The changes are for Carer visas, removal of the requirement for an assurance of support, (subclasses 116 and 836)2008.

Dont mind if I say it but Australia has the most complicated visa system known to mankind. LOL

Hi Koen

My migration agent told me that the 31000AUD can be paid over over a 3 year period. This applies to the contributory parent visa. It seems this is the quickest route, as there is no waiting list. The daughter living in Australia should start this application with her, thats if the daughter has her PR. I am not sure whether there is a 2 year waiting period. (My migration agent mentioned something about this)

If you come up with a solution, please let me know. There must be a way, surely other people on this forum have applied for there parents to join them????????

MandyC

The other thing I was wondering, just aside, some parents desperate to get out of SA, couldn't they just say their whole family is there? I mean how would anyone know the difference?

Hi Koen

It is not RSA Home Affairs that matters but the Oz arrival records that are kept. It is probably not a serious suggestion from your side but it should not even be considered.

Just a quick post as there is a lot of misunderstanding and misinformation on this post.

The visa being referred to is a Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143 and is for parents who meet the “Balance of Family testâ€.

It is a Permanent Residency visa which requires a lump sum payment pre grant to cover Medicare costs as well as an assurance of support.

Because this visa has been so popular the Department is soon to introduce a queue system.

So does this mean even with the larger payment there will be a long wait?