Sydney

Estelle Jacobs

Hi all the Sydney-siders

How about a get together sometime? :) It would be great to meet other Saffers here in the Sydney area.

Cheers

Estelle

Absolutely - count us in!!! Loooooong overdue! :)

You've read my mind :holy: , COUNT US IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would love to meet more safricans.

briggs

Edited by briggs

Hi there

A get together would be great. Anyone got any ideas. I was thinking of the following only problem is if it rains, then perhaps we would have to cancel.

Whale Beach

Clareville

Bobbin Head

Once we have a bit of interest and some ideas we can set up a poll.

S

What about a lovely park/picnic spot where we can have a barbie (bring and braai), another idea.

Have not done that before :ilikeit: maybe someone can come up with a venue.

briggs

Yip, we're definitely in too! I think one of the national parks would be ideal then the kiddies can play too! My only concern is the weather. This summer we have had lots and lots of rain in Sydney and the weather is quite unpredictable.

If the weather is not so good, we can book out the bistro in one of these old hotels. The food is often good value for money. Many of them are child friendly too. Not ideal, but that's all I can think of right now.

SAS

Depends when? could count me in. Will let Nick Vos know too.

Hi all,

Anybody want to recommend somewhere where we could have a nice day out.

Also, maybe we should look towards the 2nd weekend in March?

Cheers

Estelle

Hi there

I agree second weekend in March sounds good. I think Bobbin Head would be good, everyone could BBQ and there is a kids playground. If it rains there is a huge Tavern in Terrey Hills that does really reasonable huge devine meals. The advantage there is you can all pay and order your own so there won't be a problem with the bill at the end either. They also have a childrens play area.

Stem saam dat dit "long overdue" is. Ons sal ook wil kom.

Ons is 2 volwassenes en 2 kinders (7 en 9 jaar)

Guest mrs mupersan

Would've been great to join you guys but we'll be flying to the GC for a 60th birthday party. We'll have been there for a couple of weeks and it'll be the first opportunity for us to get together with other family in Aus.

But we'll see you at the next one!

Mands

Hi all

I am in, would love to meet you all, I am easy on the location as long as it is kid friendly as I have a 2 year old and an 8 year old. Second week-end in March is good. Please just confirm.

See ya soon mates :)

Hi

Can anybody help me with a specific location we can use, we are not from the North and do not know the area. Please PM me with your ideas so that I can start making arrangements. Is there somewhere we can go to for 14 day forecast so we can check what the weather could be like - ie less likelyhood of rain on a specific day?

Cheers

Estelle

2nd weekend in march sounds good to us.

Sorry i cannot help with venues, only been here 2 months and have no clue. We will fall in with where ever u guys decide. Don't know of place to check the weather forcast so far in advance. The weather is a bit unpredictable at the moment so maybe we should go with what Sa2auz suggested, to go the Tavern in Terrey Hills with the playground for kiddies. Good food and kiddies get to play, WHAT A WINNER :)

briggs

Hi guys,

What do you all think about Terry Hills Tavern?

Terrey Hills Tavern & Caley's Grill

2 Aumuna Rd

Terrey Hills, NSW 2084

(02) 9486 3343

Can everybody please PM or contact me on my mobile: 0432357742 so that I can get some numbers together to see how many adults/kids will be there?

Also to let me know what you would prefer - Bobbin Head or Terry Hills Tavern? Also, what date would suite you: Sat/Sun 8/9 March or Sat/Sun 15/16 March?

Riekie, would you pleazzzzzeeee be able to help me with arrangements?

Cheers

Estelle

Hi Estelle

Your idea sounds good. Bobbin head is a lovely park but very busy on a Sunday, so I think if you want a good spot or little kiosk you should get there early on the Sunday. I have never been to the Tavern but that sounds good to.

See you later

Tanja