PE

Elsabe Murran

Hi Guys

I see coffee clubs being held in all diffirent areas. What about PE? Maybe we can get all the PE guys together? Any suggestions?

We would like to meet other PE guys and find out how far they are in their immigration processes.

Hope to get a good response. :rolleyes:

Elsabe

Thought we were the only ones from PE. Nice to hear there are more. We will be leaving by 7 May. Maybe sooner, depends how the boss takes the resignation on Monday and lets us work 2 months notice. Received PR visa after almost a year. It seems to take long when you are busy with it but now I can say that it went quicker than expected.

Good luck to everyone from PE.

P.S. Don't you think the crime in PE is becoming worse everyday?

Miss H - The crime has escalated beyond anything we have ever known. PE has always been a sleepy hollow.

Please just let us know when and where, we have another couple also starting the process that will come.

Miss H - The crime has escalated beyond anything we have ever known. PE has always been a sleepy hollow.

Please just let us know when and where, we have another couple also starting the process that will come.

My wife and I are living in London at the moment but looking to move to Perth in 09.

we will be home (PE) in April for 2 weeks (23/03- 03/04) so if there is something happening in this time let me know. it would be good to meet others. I also have sister in PE looking to go back to Perth with her family...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

yeah Im in too :ilikeit:

Great stuff so now where are we going to meet and what time etc?

I am def in P.E. from Friday 28/3- thursday 3/4.

seen as i dont know the places in the baai like i used to what or where should it be?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Elsabe, we are from PE, Theescombe area - migrating soon,.. me, my husband and two kids. Just busy finalising some loose ends (selling our Woolworths Franchise stores), will be there shortly ! Count us in - would love to meet all of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am Jaen from PE and I started the immigration proces in 2002, when I heard at that stage that power shortages where looming. I am surprized that it took so long before it realy effected SA.

I received permanent residency as from 2003, but only visited in 2004 and 2007. I am however busy packing up now and have a 1000 things to arrange before I leave. I am leaving on the 21st of April for Perth, just to check it out, as many people said that Perth is amazing. (Initialy was not that keen on Western Oz, as its very far from all the other major cities.)

However, I will be going to Sydney on the 28 of April, to start "over" (With the week Rand, it does feel like I will be starting over :ilikeit: )

If some-one want to contact me, acetransport@absamail.co.za

Cheers

Jaen

Hi All

We (Me, my wife Kim and the 4 kids) are also hoping to leave from PE - headed for Sydney - if only the 457 visa would arrive (lodged mid Feb). Did not realise that there were so many from PE moving. It would be great to meet a few of you prior to going.

Cheers

Rowan

Hi,

Also from PE.

Would be happy to keep in touch with my fellow Port Elizabethians - hope there is such a word or else I am in trouble for my IELTS coming up soon :ilikeit:

Aiming for West Australia - trying to keep the whole family together. Considering State Regional visas as an option, just concerned about employment opportunities aoutside of Perth.

Gail.

Back from S.A. holiday...

Hi all i am sorry i was not able to meet up with anyone while we were there. Unfortunately i was not near a computer to be able to make any arrangements of where we could meet as it was not done before we left.

I must however say that it was eye openning to see the country again and experience it. Like alot of things there are pros and cons to all things but seeing the state the country is getting in has really re- affirmed to myself and most importantly my wife the fact that the future is not so bright in South Africa anymore. Not in the mid-term anyway.

I saw how the roads in the country have gotten alot worse...

I saw how people are living with the eskom problem and while they cope one can only ask should they have cope...

I saw how friends in good areas were being affected by crime that simply put was not as much of an issue in the past...

However difficult things get in the process of application and however trying they might be keep the faith. No matter what your friends and maybe even family say or how they might make you feel remember that the reason you are doing things like moving is not just so you can give yourself and your families a betyter chance at survival BUT rather so that they may have a better chance at LIFE itself.

keep the faith that you are doing the right thing.

• 2 weeks later...

It's great to see that there are so many of us from PE. We leave in less than three weeks and it can't come quick enough. I have seen how things have gotten worse especially the crime. I cannot let my daughter grow up here. It's definately the right thing we are doing. Good luck to you all!

Hi Guys

I see coffee clubs being held in all diffirent areas. What about PE? Maybe we can get all the PE guys together? Any suggestions?

We would like to meet other PE guys and find out how far they are in their immigration processes.

Hope to get a good response. :(

Elsabe

Hi Elsabe

Have just joined the forum today and am pleased we are not the only ones thinking of leaving. Living in P.E. has been quite something the past few days, as we have been without elect since Friday......! Thank goodness for generators!!

Would love to get together with other folk who are in the process of filling in forms. Doing our IELTS TEST in CT on 10 May.

Non

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Did you start a coffee club in PE? We Have just started our process and I would love to chat to others. At the earliest if all goes well we should have our Visa by June2009 and we will be going to Bunbury, WA. Anyone that can advise on schools, houses, areas to live in? We have 5 children, ages 2,5,12,12,14 - I would love to have them all in 1 school? Would help logistically! Or at least schools close to each other? My husband, Alex, and i will both have to work so please advise on aftercare etc? What are the chances of finding half day jobs in Aus? I work in HR.

Regards, Esther (Walmer, PE)

Hi!

As far as I can see there are'nt any coffee clubs in PE. I see you live in Walmer. So do we. My brother-in-law and family live in Perth and have been there for the past 4 years. They are considering coming back........ They will be here on a months holiday end Aug. Maybe you could talk to them if you like when they are here.

We joke that they will come back when we leave!!!

Good Luck!

Non

Hi!

As far as I can see there are'nt any coffee clubs in PE. I see you live in Walmer. So do we. My brother-in-law and family live in Perth and have been there for the past 4 years. They are considering coming back........ They will be here on a months holiday end Aug. Maybe you could talk to them if you like when they are here.

We joke that they will come back when we leave!!!

Good Luck!

Non

Hey Non

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but why are your in-laws considering returning??

BTW, we are also from PE.

Have a good one!

NicciG

Thanks! I would love to chat to them if they are open to it! esther

Thanks! I would love to chat to them if they are open to it! esther