Parent visas

Is there any way to get around the balance of family rule when applying for a visa for parents? I am my mothers only child but my dad has 2 sons from a previous marriage. My parents are too old to apply for working or business visas. We have permanent residence but I suppose that makes no difference.

If no one can help, does anyone know a good agent in Perth that I can talk to about this matter?

Hi Michelle

It is all going to depend on the"balance of family" test.

Will your mother and father be considered to have two children in SA and one in Ozz?

My mother in law is here on the Contributory Parental Visa( obtained within 6 months) but all three her children live overseas.

I would make an appointment with a good Migration Person, as The balance of family in your case is not straight forward, and that is the crux of the application.

HI Michelle

I'd suggest you go and see an agent, mine is very nice and he won't charge you for an initial consultation:

Andrew J Emmott, Advance Australia Visas Pty Ltd

Suite 4, 82 Reserve Street (Cnr Flynn Street)

Wembley, Western Australia 6014

Tel: 08 9387 1033

Fax: 08 9387 1055

Email: andrew@aavisas.com.au

Good Luck

Cindylou

Guest colton

From what I know ALL your siblings are counted. We are looking at the same thing in a couple of years time as my mom is remarried and my stepdad is 12 years older than her so the chances of her outliving him are great. My mom has three children from my dad and three stepchildren from my stepdad's side. If my youngest brother doesn't immigrate with me she will have 2 children in australia and 4 in south africa. The stepchildren are counted as her own children, therefore the balance of children remaining in south africa is more than those not remaining and she wouldn't be able to come over.