Got our PR visa exactly a year later

Hi there, I haven't written much before but have read a lot of the posts which have been a great help. We are are so excited as we got our PR granted today, exactly a year after we lodged it. I sent the police clearances and english tests on Friday via DHL which got delivered on Monday morning in Adelaide and two days later we got the e-mail. Our visa was a Class BQ subclass 138 Skilled –Australian-Sponsored. My Mom and two sisters (with their families) already live in Brisbane. Now we just have to make the big and final decision and go for it. Good luck to all still waiting.

Cheers for now

Megan.

Congratulations Megan!

Good position to be in.

Hi

Congrats... I feel a little green monster creeping up :blink:

We sent our application last week....

Hi there, I haven't written much before but have read a lot of the posts which have been a great help. We are are so excited as we got our PR granted today, exactly a year after we lodged it. I sent the police clearances and english tests on Friday via DHL which got delivered on Monday morning in Adelaide and two days later we got the e-mail. Our visa was a Class BQ subclass 138 Skilled –Australian-Sponsored. My Mom and two sisters (with their families) already live in Brisbane. Now we just have to make the big and final decision and go for it. Good luck to all still waiting.

Cheers for now

Megan.

Hi Megan,

Just want to say Congratulations - what fantastic news. :blink:

Hope u have a fantastic life 'downunder' when you make the move.

Good luck with the next steps. :blink:

Cheers,

:blink: Paula

Hey Megan

Congratulations, hope everything goes extra well with the move. I assume you're heading for Brisbane to be with the family. We are also applying on 138, application went in last month! If you have the time would you mind posting your time line, you know, date of app, CO assigned, if they required any additional info?

Cheers, Cindylou

Hi there again,

Here is the time line that you asked for.

The application was received by Dima on the 27th June 2005. A case officer was only assigned on the 26th April 2006. Quite a long wait I think. They requested English tests, police cl., medicals and Assurance of support. It basically took us two months to gather all that info which as I said got there on Monday 26th June 2006 and the visa's were granted two days later. The only thing we could have done to speed the process up is go for the English test and apply for police clearances without notification but we didn't want to spend the money until we were certain we were almost accepted.

We have a lot to give up here so this is a really huge decision to make although I am certain it is the way to go. I am just worried that my husband won't find a fullfilling job over there. All my family are over there so I know I will be happy.

Anyway we will keep the process going. We are going over for xmas to get passports stamped.

Cheers for now

Megan