Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'catholic'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Immigration
    • General Discussion on Immigration
    • Questions on Immigration
    • Discussion specifically on applying for visas
    • Questions related to applying for a visa
    • Discussion on LSD Trips & Arrivals
    • Settling In
    • Coffee Clubs
    • Schools & Education
    • Going Back?
  • Discussions
    • Foyer
    • General
    • Events
    • Communities
    • Money!
    • Home and Hearth
    • Health and Wellness
    • Ladies' Lounge
    • The Men's Shed
    • Spiritual Life
    • Lost-n-Found
    • Places of Interest
    • Journals
    • Travel
    • Funnies
  • Advertising
    • Classifieds
    • KuierKoerier¬©
  • Employment
    • Queries, Tips and News
    • Networking
    • Looking
    • Offering
    • Business
  • News from South Africa
    • General
    • Sport
  • Technical
    • Forum Help
    • Computers and Internet
    • Announcements

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...

Found 2 results

  1. Hi all, We are moving over to Sydney in April and have been offered an apartment in Lane Cove until we find a permanent home. We love Lane Cove however realistically we will most likely move a few suburbs further from the city in the hope of getting a bigger house. Our problem is that St Michaels Catholic Primary in Lane Cove is a very nice school and we will have a lease on the apartment but what will happen if we move out of Lane Cove in 6 months or more. Will we need to have our son change schools again? Thanks shaeden
  2. Arrived in Brisbane few days ago and everything has gone smoothly. I will write a post about my experience, but I need help making a decision. Might be something only Brisbane locals can truly influence but I am all ears for the wisdom of others that don't know the two respective schools. Middle daughter is accepted to Lourdes Hill College and so is her younger sister (9yrs. - Yr. 4) at later stage. For this year I had applied at Sts. Peter and Pauls Catholic private school based on preference and ratings - but it was full - and even after several email request about a spot opening up (and some prayers) it did not. So I resorted to finding a good state school reputation in similar area, and thankfully settled on Norman Park S.S. She isn't enrolled there yet, but I spent my first weekend getting an apartment rental with year lease in the catchment area, so there would be not arguement that she could rightfully attend. This was stressful (and I limited my search to the walkable area around NPSS). Success - we signed a lease and I will email the principle this week to advise her that my daughter will be coming. About an hour after paying the two week rent on apartment, an email came (after months with no correspondence with St. P&Ps) that a spot was available for Yr. 4 - can I come for an interview. Oh my! I said yes, and plan to go but now am not sure that it right decision. Our financial situation isn't quite what I expected it might be, lost lots of $ on house sale before moving and my spouse hasn't found job so he will follow in a couple months when I feel ready to quit his employment.... then look for however long it takes. So, I have five days to decide. One other fact, even if I could get out of the lease for the apartment and be closer to the st. P&P school, the rents are much more expensive as go up towards Bulimba....however the walk from near Norman Park ferry stop(new apartment) is very far to Sts. P&P - and my youngest gets tired and puffy in heat and with long treks... hhhmmmm
  • Create New...