cityhobo.com (Great website for Sydney & Melbourne)

kangaroo

Hi everyone

I came across fantastic, user-friendly and informative website, City Hobo by (happy) accident and tought I'd share it with those looking at (or already) living in Sydney and Melbourne.

The website offers a magnitude of nitty-gritty info about where to live in Sydney and Melbourne, according to personality, needs and preferences. It features handy, honest, straight-to-the point write-ups of 65 suburbs in Sydney and 45 suburbs in Melbourne, which are easy to read and compare to one another. Suburbs can be searched for according to direction (e.g. inner east, west, north, south etc.). You can also search for a new suburb on the left-hand drop-down menu according to city (Sydney or Melbourne), who it would suit (e.g. singles, professionals, families, gay-friendly, students, travellers etc.) and location (e.g. close to beach, close to city, outer suburbs, close to universities etc.)

A creative tool the website implements to refer to and describe suburbs is the Shoe Index, where every suburb is compared to one or more shoe(s). I thought this was quite original.

The Top 10 page shows the top 10 suburbs in each city, as well as the top private and government schools in each city.

For those at an initial loss of what to do in Sydney and Melbourne, there is the Day Trips page.

The website has numerous other useful links about both Sydney and Melbourne - hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :whome: