RSMS 119 CANCELLED

Sunnysideup

So this is the end of the road for us. Just got a call from our sponsor to say that our visa (we just received our passports yesterday after evidencing) has been cancelled and that Immigration will contact us.

Reason given was the poor economy and contracts being cancelled.

My husband already resigned, we took our dogs to their new owners yesterday - drove 160km to do that!, and we told EVERYONE we are leaving. Elliot's is supposed to come today to give us a quote on our furniture.

So, after spending the last couple of years jumping through hoops and doing everything necessary to get to OZ it was all for nothing. One phone call erased everything we had worked for. I don't even want to think of the amounts of money we have spent on this exercise.

I know it's not their fault the economy has slowed down, but I'm sure they could've said something earlier, like three weeks ago when we informed them that our visa was granted.

My husband has to now - tail between the legs - go and ask his job back.

We not only look like fools, we feel like ones too.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• janjanxx

• Jordy

• Sunnysideup

• Eva

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that is just the worst thing I could imagine happening to anyone. I am so sorry. Have you given up and are going to stay or will you look for another sponsor?

This teaches that even sponsored PR visas are not safe. There was a thread title called "First of the 457's to fall". This thread could just as well be called "First of the PR's to fall"

Again I am so sorry. Keep your chin up mate. None of us think you are fools, and none of us are laughing.

So this is the end of the road for us. Just got a call from our sponsor to say that our visa (we just received our passports yesterday after evidencing) has been cancelled and that Immigration will contact us.

Reason given was the poor economy and contracts being cancelled.

My husband already resigned, we took our dogs to their new owners yesterday - drove 160km to do that!, and we told EVERYONE we are leaving. Elliot's is supposed to come today to give us a quote on our furniture.

So, after spending the last couple of years jumping through hoops and doing everything necessary to get to OZ it was all for nothing. One phone call erased everything we had worked for. I don't even want to think of the amounts of money we have spent on this exercise.

I know it's not their fault the economy has slowed down, but I'm sure they could've said something earlier, like three weeks ago when we informed them that our visa was granted.

My husband has to now - tail between the legs - go and ask his job back.

We not only look like fools, we feel like ones too.

Hi Guys, sorry to hear the sad news.

It must be absolutely devastating.

I'm just wondering if the ENS 121 would have been a better option

as it is not a sponsored visa, but a nominated postion which cannot

be cancelled and you can work for any employer (Unless there is

a seperate agreement).

Thinking of you guys. :)

Regards

Andrew

Oh no!!!!! What terrible news! How incredibly sad...

I am so sorry for you, but please don't give up now, you have come too far, rather channel your disappointment towards finding another sponsor or reapplying on a different visa type.

Please keep us updated... We're all crossing fingers for you!

Can they cancel a PR? I did not know that... Could one of the emigration agents on this forum please confirm that for us? Surely once you have your PR that's it? Surely Aus Immigration will give you a reasonable chance to find another sponsor..?

Don't give up...

Andi

They can, at least I know that for the RSMS119, see below.

Visa cancellation

Powers under the Migration Act provide for cancellation of an

RSMS visa where the employee has not commenced

employment with the employer within 6 months of arriving in

Australia or 6 months after the visa is granted if in Australia.

The Act also provides powers to cancel an RSMS visa if the

employee leaves the position within 2 years of commencement

of employment. Visa cancellation is not intended where the

employee makes a genuine effort to complete the 2-year

contract with the employer.

B

So very sorry for you.

I'm just wondering if the ENS 121 would have been a better option as it is not a sponsored visa, but a nominated postion which cannot be cancelled and you can work for any employer (Unless there is a seperate agreement).

Andrew I do not think you are correct in this. The ENS 121 falls into the exact same category of employer sposnorered visas as the 119. You cannot work for any employer. You are bound to the nominating employer for 3 years, so in fact you are worse off than the 119 which only binds you for 2 years.

Can they cancel a PR? I did not know that... Surely once you have your PR that's it? Surely Aus Immigration will give you a reasonable chance to find another sponsor..?

Yes the if you cease to work for your employer within 2 years on the 119 and 3 years on the 121, you visa can be cancelled. If you are in the country the same 28 days apply as for the 457.

However after 2 or 3 years respectively, you are free to change employers and remain on the same visa.

Andrew I do not think you are correct in this. The ENS 121 falls into the exact same category of employer sposnorered visas as the 119. You cannot work for any employer. You are bound to the nominating employer for 3 years, so in fact you are worse off than the 119 which only binds you for 2 years.

Jordy, sorry to debate the issue here after the sad news, but I have an 856 ENS which is similar to

the ENS 121, but it's onshore.

This visa is issued without any obligation or condition and contains no cancellation clause. You are only obligated to work for 3 years if you sign an agreement with your NOMINATING employer.

As stated many times previously, it is not a sponsored visa.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi guys

Sooooooooooo very sorry to hear that. :( Keeping you in our prayers.

Good luck with everything.

Robert & Telanie

Sunnyside up, I am totally horrified!!

This really seems SO wrong!

I feel so, so sorry for you.

Are there any other visa options available to you?

This is SOOO scary (we are waiting for our 119 visa!)

Sure hope things work out somehow for you.

Eva :(:hug:

I am so so sorry to hear this. We had our 457 visa cancelled, so I know the feeling, although we are already in Oz and other options have become available to us. I hope that there is another route for you and that this is not the end of the road.

Candice

i am so sorry

Devastating!!! :( I am sure that they knew how things were becoming worse a long time ago and could have at least given you more warning!!! the way in which it was done was with no regard to how it affected your lives :hug:

I am so sorry to hear about your news - I think this is something everyone applying for sponsored visas is dreading. I will pray for you guys that something bigger and better comes along. Remember where one door closes another opens.

Devastating!!! :( I am sure that they knew how things were becoming worse a long time ago and could have at least given you more warning!!! the way in which it was done was with no regard to how it affected your lives :hug:

Wow - am really sorry - I know what we going through just for the wait and the anxiouty that comes with it !! How terrible to have everything ready and then this ...... really sorry !!

Don't give up .... just keep applying - find another sponsor - I'm sure if your Visa was granted the application wouldn't take that long..... there is a company called "workforce placements" they deal with South Africans / Zimbabweans wanting to emigrate - see if they have anything available at present... worst is it could be in a different area to where you intended to go ... give it a bash !!

Prayers with you!!

Not nice!! :( But don't give up hope, you will find a way to get in, even if it means going a bit later than expected.

Good luck, I hope you find another way to get in, our prayers are with you!

Tania

Wow!! This is :censored: news..... I am so sorry to hear about your experience....

I am sure you will find another way. Did the company pay for your visa costs?

Hi

Please let me know what your husband does, I have been instructed by a companu in Darwin to find them

Fitters,

Electricians

and Refrigeration machanics ( fridgies)

They are desperate- It is in the Northern Territories and are looking for people asap - if they can be there end December that will be fine.

Let me know so i can send your details.

Sorry about the news - Dont lose hope - You have come this far.

and rember - all things happen for a reason ( some thing better will come up at the right time in the right place. )

If God can take you to it - he will take you through it.

I belive you would not have come so far to have to give up your dream - Yes the economy is bad but there are still companies out there that are strong and stable.

regards

Brenda

I'm so sorry to hear this! What is the possibility of finding another sponsor? I do hope that you will find another way to Oz. Best whishes!

Not sure if you are religious but I found this little extract from the Bible (sent to me when I was feeling helpless and down), should help: "Peace I leave with you. My Peace I give you; not as the world gives, give I to you. Don't let your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful. John 14:27"

Not sure if you are religious but I found this little extract from the Bible (sent to me when I was feeling helpless and down), should help: "Peace I leave with you. My Peace I give you; not as the world gives, give I to you. Don't let your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful. John 14:27"

That makes me feel better reading........................... Thanks Mandibrent !!

Sunny - lots of options here..... you gonna be fine !! Tell hubby not to jump tooo quickly with getting his job back as you'll be in Aus before you know it... keep trying ...

Yeah, I needed that too!!