Network Migration Services

Guest nc74

I have been so bitter and disappointed with the service I received from NMS. But today I phoned there and there is a new (old) consultant on our case and she is wonderful. She was so friendly and helpful. Even though I told her we lodged and did everything ourselves she said she'd be happy to follow up our application for us. I mentioned that I didn't think they'd give her any info cos we never put them as our agent she said she's made friends with one of the guys at DIAC and is sure he'll help her out. I was very surprised and blessed by her willingness to help.

The reason I'm posting this is cos I have moaned endlessly about them and I believe in giving credit where credit is due!!!!

Thanks to Manisha :blush::ilikeit::holy:

Hi nc74

You know what, Manisha has been our agent since Asheley-Ann moved on to become the Secretary to Andrew Kerr. I've still had my doubts but Manisha has been very willing to go the extra mile, like going into the office VERY early in the morning to get into contact with DIAC. She also said that, even though she is not registered with ASPC as our agent, she goes into Asheley-Ann's e-mail every morning to check whether there are any e-mail from ASPC regarding clients' applications.

Although she is very willing, the damage had been done and I still feel some apprehension in continuing using them as our agents.

This morning a friend of mine told me that when you sign up with NMS, you have a time period of 2 years in which your application has to be finalised. Should the process take longer, NMS are allowed (according to the contract) the acquire additional funds from clients. In our case, we signed up with NMS in 2005 but our process will hopefully end January 2008. We didn't do much between Oct 2005 & Jan 2007 - well, actually we didn't do anything. Nobody told us or reminded us that we should proceed a.s.a.p. otherwise extra funds will be required - well, of course they won't I suppose - it's extra money in their pockets! :blush:

Do you perhaps know anything about this 2 year contract thing?

I would in NO way advise anyone to use them as agents cos as you say, the damage is already done. What I did however appreciate was Manisha's willingness to go that extra mile. Ashley was also our consultant til she went to be Andrew's PA or whatever. She is no good and we had no joy with her.

I did mention to Manisha how bad the service was and she was very apologetic. I know its too little too late and she is "just doing her job" but the fact that in nearly 2 years she has been the only one so far to be of any assistance to us is in my book worth mentioning. :D

I was not aware of the extra charges after a 2 year period. Ours comes up at the end of Feb 2008. I will have to chat to my hubby about this cos I refuse to pay them anymore money!!! :ilikeit:

That just makes me the m$%##@ing again....... :blush:

We are actually intending on writing them a letter (well Andrew actually) asking for at least some of our money back! :holy::D:lol::lol::lol:

Yes I know we wont get any back but its worth a good laugh.............

Yowch!! thats pretty scary. I am so amazed at how some people stay in business with such bad service. Surely they must know how rotten they are and try to do something about it.

I have always said that anyone can start a business in this country and make a go of it if there service is good. people nowadays want service over money.... and its so easy to make a little effort.

Well I only have one word to describe NMS: Pathetic!!!!

If I did not take over, the ENS would have expired and Asheley, did not even know that!

They stink at what they do, never return calls etc. Immigratin never let them know about our visas being granted.

We were in Aus for approx 3 weeks, then I had to contact them for documents that TRA needed, the new lady, Manisha, was quick with the response , which I appreciate, but for Asheley, she's really the pits.

Stay away if you can, I will never ever refer someone to them, not even my enemies.

My 5c

Carelene

Hi All.

I must say i am the only person i know that were happy with NMS. I must be that "one in a million." :ilikeit:

Never heard of any one else being happy.

We had Angela and she was very good. Must say we had some phone calls not return.

She is now over the case officers. So if you get no joy phone Angela.

I must say my friend MandL also on the forum had so much trouble with Asheley, nothing was done she did not even get their PCC. She fired NMS and contact Fiona Carre and now also have their PR.

11 months and 10 days and we had our PR 136 visa. We battle with home affairs with my daughters birth certificates but that was it.

But of what i heard i know i would not recommend them to any one.

Cheers vir eers

Sheila2Oz

YES Sheila2Oz I think you are one in a million. The rest of us feel like we were conned out of our money.

I see that most of us that had issues were with Ashley. Even my brother used them and had Ashley. He too fired them cos of endless trouble. Do you know anything about this 2 year contract thing? Cos if thats the case we need to fire them too. We've just left things as they are and done everything ourselves....

Hi NC74

Sorry dont know about the 2 year contract and if it is true, save yourself the trouble with them and fire them. Not worth it.

I feel so guilty :ilikeit: that i was the lucky one. :ilikeit::lol::D:lol: Sorry :D Hell but i am bleddy glad i was lucky.

Cheers vir eers

Sheila2Oz

...we also had our bad run with agents...and wow they're still in high demand, it's a shame how shameless they can be... :ilikeit:

eish, i seriaaasly need to get lucky with home affairs...i got the wrong/incorrect documents twice already! come on piepols, focaaas! :P

good luck to all, with agent or without, you'll have to run into either a police station or into home affairs offices sooner than later...

Edited by AfrikaSon

• 3 months later...

Hi - we should start our own support group just for NMS clients!

We have been with NMS since June 2006, also Asheley and also had complaints about her, so were quite happy to have Manisha take over our file. I have read through the contract and noted this clause about 2 years ...

4.11 Should the Client's application not be lodged within 2 (TWO) years of signing hereof, the Company may increase the service fee in accordance with its then current fee structure, in which event the difference will be due and payable on the Company's written request and before submission of the application.

I am also wary of the fact that Manisha says that she calls every week and also our story has changed 3 times since January (after the PC was submitted back) and now apparently our file has been sent to the Aus High Authority (?) here in SA for Approval and she can't tell me what that means ... and Andrew is out of the country until next week ... so our nerves are slightly shattered right now ...

Anyone have any idea what that means?

This agency are they registered? I know that the immigration site says you must use registered agents and if they are, can't you complaine to the body that regulates them?

Edited by Chantelle Dreyer

• 2 months later...
This agency are they registered? I know that the immigration site says you must use registered agents and if they are, can't you complaine to the body that regulates them?

Network Migration is not reqistered !!!! We have just lost nine months due to them. They lodged for us on September 18, 2007 with knowing that regulations had changed on September 1st. All applications must now have your english results with them. They did not send ours. Nine months down the line and our application has been declined because of this. When speaking to Andrew Kerr he admitted that it was a fault of theres and he would pay for us to relodge. As I was not comfortable with them as this is not the first time they messed up with out application, I asked if he would give us the money and we can lodge ourselves. He did agree,but has only refunded us what we originally paid in September 2007. We have walked away and lost all the money that has been paid to him for a service he did not provide. LindyC

Edited by lindyc

Friends of ours waited two years with NMS and their app was declined because they were given the wrong info by NMS regarding thier occupation. Not only that - NMS went ahead and submitted an app which had no hope of ever succeeding! They have sold their house, given up jobs etc, and now are off to NZ because they bascially have no choice. Also had lots of promises to resubmit for free etc, but hell, a doc cuts off the wrong leg, i'm sure as hell not going back so he can have a shot at doing the job properly!

As my friend said - this is two years of thier life they will never get back, never mind the money and other costs...

I honestly cannot understand why people still use agents! If your job is "straight forward" like an electrician, fitter, tool mechanician, doctor, engineer or accountant and you are in the occupation (more or less) that you studied, then it's quite simple. All the info that you need is on this forum.

The exception is when people are not in the same occupation that they studied (e.g. someone who studied for an engineer but is now a Production manager). A good agent will prove to be invaluable.

Heck, I don't have R30 000 odd lying around to pay an agent for something I could have done myself!

End of rant.

Network Migration is not reqistered !!!! We have just lost nine months due to them. They lodged for us on September 18, 2007 with knowing that regulations had changed on September 1st. All applications must now have your english results with them. They did not send ours. Nine months down the line and our application has been declined because of this. When speaking to Andrew Kerr he admitted that it was a fault of theres and he would pay for us to relodge. As I was not comfortable with them as this is not the first time they messed up with out application, I asked if he would give us the money and we can lodge ourselves. He did agree,but has only refunded us what we originally paid in September 2007. We have walked away and lost all the money that has been paid to him for a service he did not provide. LindyC

We have just had a similar problem we have lost 20 months and need to re-apply, due to the fact they do not understand the basic rules for work expirence they are totally useless. we have now decided to go the NZ in the meantime well we lodge as we want out of SA asap he has now offerred to do all our NZ visa free of charge and our re-lodging of our Australia application

I agree NMS is useless – I have just lost 6 weeks on my ACS assessment because they gave us the wrong information to put on our application form and never reacted on an email from ACS to verify the information. If I haven’t contacted ACS myself the delay could have been longer.

They are fired even if I don’t get any of my money back – from now on we will do our application with the help of this forum.

thats what we are doing...our agent also kept us waiting and procrastinated at every turn...we have also written off R25k...and am now doing the app ourselves, between the forum and DIAC and State Sponsorship, who have been all been so great...

the reason we went for using an agent is that they approached us, made it all sound so great....and easy...well, like I say...7 months on and they haven't done anything yet....sent us a few job alerts, but after that nothing....

it is more sressful doing it by yourself, but at the end of the day we still make it ....and can feel proud that we made it..and we can relieve our stress by waiting for BB's photo....

• 3 months later...

O my word i am so happy i read this email, my wife and i went to one of Andrews seminars in Durban, and it sounded good, made a follow up appointment, and paid R 250.00 and after reading this thread, that is where it is going to stop. I'm doing this application myself, i'm an accountant with 8 years work experience, i'm sure i have enough to get in, without know all the in's and out's of immigration law etc....

In our opinion, NMS have turned their business around completely. They are members of this Forum and are aware of the bad press they have received in the past. For the record, we are extremely happy with their services (& patience :unsure: ), and without their perseverance, we would not have gotten our visa.

okay - so who would anyone recommend - ASA? I've heard that they are great ?!

We are looking to apply for State Sponsorship and with the business plan required I'd rather go through an agent..... who?

I have used customeyes who is a member of this forum and she has been brilliant!! (She is located in OZ)